• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why people don't like this approach ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
sorry added a bit to my post

Well you are fairly strong and intellectuall N so you are probably not the most representative od mankind.
But yes if I invest time I can figure a few general possbilities or outcomes far into the future. What can be useful to a person in my opinion.

However to be honest I probably don't use enough Fe so people feel uncomfortable. Plus my Te makes entire thing more rigid than people like it.

On the other hand people in my culture like to live life day per day. So doing this can be consided rude most of the time.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well you are fairly strong and intellectuall N so you are probably not the most representative od mankind.
But yes if I invest time I can figure a few general possbilities or outcomes far into the future. What can be useful to a person in my opinion.

However to be honest I probably don't use enough Fe so people feel uncomfortable. Plus my Te makes entire thing more rigid than people like it.

On the other hand people in my culture like to live life day per day. So doing this can be consided rude most of the time.

Eh, life per day is more common than not. Being Fi dom, the best I can think of in presenting it is ensuring it is understood as probabilities and not perfect certainties. Past that, if the person can't come to grips with basic cause and effect then providing such information is a waste of time anyway.

By the way, I think that was the first time I've had an INTJ call me intelligent...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The reason why I started this thread is because I am doing some soulsearching.

Since my birth I was never something what you can call "really emotional person". However life made sure that I lose additional warmth/innocence.

My familiy is a good example. They never did anything really wrong to me it is just that I am the only child in my entire family. What means that I am losing them one by one and it is 100% certain that I will lose my entire family with time. Basicly this is why I started investing in social skills since friendships are the only thing that that can prevent scenario in which I am left completly alone in this world. And the reason why I started to used logic from the OP is because I have to know how much time I have before I am left alone in this world. I mean if I don't find SO I will never have family again.
Basicly everybody in my family are looking at me in a way " He is the only one who will survive ". What left emotional consequences.
Plus I have years of "violent/strategic gaming" behind me.

Problem number 2 - I grow up in a country that was was scourged by war and genocide. What made me realize how much expandable people really are.
It is easy to debate questions of Ethics and existance of God and claim that we will never know that God exists or not. No matter if the the concept is somewhat ilogical.
But for me this is prettly much solved case since it is obvious that this stuff does not work. There is simply too many empirical evidance since a way too much destruction and killing has been done around me to believe in classic spiritual concepts. I mean churches got destroyed, all patients from one hospital were taken out in the field and shot, concentration camps were constructed etc. However nothing happeed to most people that did those bad thing. (if they did died iin the war)
Today many of them even have companies or work in law enforcment in the same country they were trying to destroy.
This not bad as a fact is just that this shows to me how relative everything is in this world actually is. As a Ni-dom this is simply something I can't overlook.

Problem number 3 - From the moment I am born I live under crappy governments. What resulted with a fact that I live in disfunctional environment and like everybody else I have bad education (no matter what writes on my papers)

Basicly I didn't even start to live and I am already half bankrupt. Basicly this entire global economic crisis has no real effect on me since I live like this since I was a baby. And to be honest I have concluded that entire current system will have too fall if I were to have a normal life. I simply see no alrenative.
Basicly I could say more but this is enough.

Problem number 4 - My professional scientific interest have led me too think that the world as we know it is pretty much doomed. Because of number of economical, ecological and geochemical reasons and to be honest i don't see how this can be changed.

In this thread you have the basic idea explained. The thread is not over but this is enought to get my point. There is plenty to read so who is interested be my guest.

Link

Now the question is how do I develop some idealism and I will call it "honest emotional fuzziness" or how do I become more emotonally sensitive towards people?

Any ideas ? :D

You need a woman who wants to save you from your cold, dead heart. Trust me, this phenomenon is more common than it might sound. You're just going to have to find someone who will delight in the idea that they were the one person who could get through to you. Fi would be particularly devoted to this activity. I suggest an xNFP.

You seem like someone who is burying his emotions under a bunch of understandable pain, disappointment, and cynicism. You're probably afraid to trust other people.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You need a woman who wants to save you from your cold, dead heart. Trust me, this phenomenon is more common than it might sound. You're just going to have to find someone who will delight in the idea that they were the one person who could get through to you. Fi would be particularly devoted to this activity. I suggest an xNFP.

You seem like someone who is burying his emotions under a bunch of understandable pain, disappointment, and cynicism. You're probably afraid to trust other people.

Towards the stereotype that would be the case but I don't have a reason to think/believe that this is the actual case with me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Towards the stereotype that would be the case but I don't have a reason to think/believe that this is the actual case with me.

Well, from what you've listed it seems that you've had to face the reality of some extremely horrible stuff in your lifetime and that you use logic to distance yourself from how evil people can be. It seems like viewing human beings as statistics rather than as individuals to be cared for would be a way to protect yourself from being vulnerable.

If you really have no feelings, why do you even care if you're alone? Why would you care if you had a family if you're really that disconnected from other people emotionally?

Of course, there is the possibility that you really are a robot, I guess...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, from what you've listed it seems that you've had to face the reality of some extremely horrible stuff in your lifetime and that you use logic to distance yourself from how evil people can be. It seems like viewing human beings as statistics rather than as individuals to be cared for would be a way to protect yourself from being vulnerable.

If you really have no feelings, why do you even care if you're alone? Why would you care if you had a family if you're really that disconnected from other people emotionally?

Of course, there is the possibility that you really are a robot, I guess...

Well I am not that far from being a robot but non the less I am not one.
Actually I was like this even before the trouble started so I don't think that I am that much different than I would be as.....I will call it "natural me".

However I am curious why did you suggest "find yourself a NFP" as a solution ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I am not that far from being a robot but non the less I am not one.
Actually I was like this even before the trouble started so I don't think that I am that much different than I would be as.....I will call it "natural me".

However I am curious why did you suggest "find yourself a NFP" as a solution ?

I'm just stereotyping upon the fact that you are an INTJ.

I also think a person with Fi dom or auxillary would have the most patience with you, honestly. That would be xNFP or xSFP and I wonder how much patience you would have with an xSFP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I also think a person with Fi dom or auxillary would have the most patience with you, honestly. That would be xNFP or xSFP and I wonder how much patience you would have with an xSFP.

Count me out. ;)
Though I think I would love to have ASO as a friend. He reminds me of an ENTJ friend I used to have when he was on acid. No joke. I loved that guy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I'm wondering. If you didn't care much for the person in question would you still have a desire to say anything about it?

Edit: I don't necessarily mean love, just caring on any level. You may need to look deep in some cases to answer this.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Well I am a strong NTJ so xSFP is a bad match for me. There would simply be a way too many conflicts. On the other hand xNFP with some Te would probably be a very good match in my opinion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I am a strong NTJ so xSFP is a bad match for me. There would simply be a way too many conflicts. On the other hand xNFP with some Te would probably be a very good match.

Fi love tends to be a very individualized love and doesn't hold the sort of social expectations of Fe. In fact, I guess I can only speak for myself, but I think FPs seek people who don't conform or fit to the norm. Fi would be more likely to let you "be you" even if that meant being as distanced as you say you are.

Also, as you say, someone with developed Te would probably be more likely to understand you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Actually, I'm wondering. If you didn't care much for the person in question would you still have a desire to say anything about it?

Edit: I don't necessarily mean love, just caring on any level. You may need to look deep in some cases to answer this.

No, I am a strong introvert and I don't talk much.
On the other hand It could happen that is some rare cases I will simply want to be I believe the proper term is "Smartass".

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Fi love tends to be a very individualized love and doesn't hold the sort of social expectations of Fe. In fact, I guess I can only speak for myself, but I think FPs seek people who don't conform or fit to the norm. Fi would be more likely to let you "be you" even if that meant being as distanced as you say you are.

Also, as you say, someone with developed Te would probably be more likely to understand you.

What leads us to why this thread is in the Relationship forum.

I am fliting with an ENFP online for two months now and I thought that I could use this forums wisdom a little bit. :cool:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I am fliting with an ENFP online for two months now and I thought that I could use this forums wisdom a little bit. :cool:

Good luck with that. I hope everything works out for you!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I am a strong introvert and I don't talk much.
On the other hand It could happen that is some rare cases I will simply want to be I believe the proper term is "Smartass".

Is the amount you think about it dependent on how much you care?

Hmm, even more reason to use words like probable and improbable rather than definite and impossible since too often the latter two can be interpereted as perfectly definate and perfectly impossible.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is the amount you think about it dependent on how much you care?

Hmm, even more reason to use words like probable and improbable rather than definite and impossible since too often the latter two can be interpereted as perfectly definate and perfectly impossible.

1. Well I often do alot of thinking just because I am curious but I have no real intrest.

2. What are you trying to say ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok I will be more concrete.

Where ENFP in general place border between "rational and interesting" and "he is a robot" ?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Well I often do alot of thinking just because I am curious but I have no real intrest.

So it's just the results you're interested in, ok.

2. What are you trying to say ?

Not saying anything, just proding for motive. Some INTJs will use information like this to help those they care about and often gets misinterperated as condemnation. Or is it the females that do this more often?