• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
What do INTPs hate?

People who come across as very fake (as if they're forcing themselves to be bubbly) and being called ignorant are the 2 major ones for me :steam:

EDIT: Forgot to mention speaking on the phone.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
EDIT: Forgot to mention speaking on the phone.

Ha ha thats a good one! Yes its a chore.

Totally true, but I never heard it before just felt it. ***follows up with fake hug*** ;)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Ha ha thats a good one! Yes its a chore.

Totally true, but I never heard it before just felt it. ***follows up with fake hug*** ;)

Oh yes! I hate those people who hug everyone for no apparent reason! Over touchy-feelyness is exhausting. Unless I'm very close to you, please don't touch me, especially not the back of my neck :steam:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh yes! I hate those people who hug everyone for no apparent reason! Over touchy-feelyness is exhausting. Unless I'm very close to you, please don't touch me, especially not the back of my neck :steam:

Vampire cat never touches the neck. Honest Injun. :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why are INTP's so absent minded that most people think they've got some form of mental retardation?

I don't know if other INTP's can relate to this, but I just get really confused when I have to multi-task. I'm really good at doing one thing. But, I can't carry on a conversation with someone and continue to be productive. It's one or the other. If I'm concentrating on something and doing it to the best of my ability and someone starts chatting it up, it just gets confusing. I'll either (a) continue putting 90% focus on my work while just giving them a bunch of "uh huh's" and "yeah's" (but not completely listening) or (b) I'll tune into what they are saying and start making mistakes in my work. It has to be one or the other. If you want to talk to me (about non-work type stuff), catch me after work or give me a call over the weekend. Of course, Ne-Ne dialogue is an exception. That's always a welcomed break.

Same thing goes for most other social situations. I remember when I was in school, if I wanted to talk to my professor at the end of class, I'd always wait until everyone was done talking to him so that I could talk to him without interruptions. If I had a serious question for him and other students are cutting in and talking and interrupting, it kind of defeats the whole purpose. I might as well just go home and look it up on the internet where there won't be interruptions. Very frustrating.

I will add that this only applies to social situations. If I'm at home or in the company of one of the few people I'm REALLY comfortable with, then I'm much more relaxed and I guess you could say "smoother". Still absent-minded, but better able to multi-task and handle different things coming at me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if other INTP's can relate to this, but I just get really confused when I have to multi-task.

For me it has to do with interests. Thinking goes before talking. So when I'm busy thinking, I won't be much of a talker.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What do INTPs hate?

1. Injustice
2. When a person is SO SURE of what they are talking about, but they haven't truly investigated it in-depth (i.e., comments like "I would NEVER vote for anyone from political party A because I don't like them", or "black people are dangerous" or "the white man will walk all over you if you let him"). I guess the common theme here is "ignorance". It's OK if someone hasn't investigated a given topic or hasn't taken an in-depth look at some topic - I'm OK with that, but when they speak confidently or arrogantly about the topic, it's just infuriating. The INTP is likely to think, "You seriously have NO CLUE what you're talking about right now. All you're doing is running your mouth and this conversation was over 5 minutes ago. Have a nice day!"

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
When a person is SO SURE of what they are talking about, but they haven't truly investigated it in-depth (i.e., comments like "I would NEVER vote for anyone from political party A because I don't like them", or "black people are dangerous" or "the white man will walk all over you if you let him"). I guess the common theme here is "ignorance". It's OK if someone hasn't investigated a given topic or hasn't taken an in-depth look at some topic - I'm OK with that, but when they speak confidently or arrogantly about the topic, it's just infuriating. The INTP is likely to think, "You seriously have NO CLUE what you're talking about right now. All you're doing is running your mouth and this conversation was over 5 minutes ago. Have a nice day!"

My ENFJ mother does this fairly frequently. Extremely irritating.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My ENFJ mother does this fairly frequently. Extremely irritating.

Or sometimes you'll hear some real gems while waiting in line at the grocery store or just while out in public somewhere.

"I don't invest my money in the market or in CD's because if I have my money on me - or readily available in my bank account - then I can spend it or use it sooner, before inflation has a chance to eat away my money." :huh:

"I wouldn't want to win the lottery because then they'd tax the heck out of me." :shock:

"After 9/11, I wouldn't hire anyone from any race but by own." :bananallama:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2. When a person is SO SURE of what they are talking about, but they haven't truly investigated it in-depth (i.e., comments like "I would NEVER vote for anyone from political party A because I don't like them", or "black people are dangerous" or "the white man will walk all over you if you let him"). I guess the common theme here is "ignorance". It's OK if someone hasn't investigated a given topic or hasn't taken an in-depth look at some topic - I'm OK with that, but when they speak confidently or arrogantly about the topic, it's just infuriating. The INTP is likely to think, "You seriously have NO CLUE what you're talking about right now. All you're doing is running your mouth and this conversation was over 5 minutes ago. Have a nice day!"

This. Out of all things this.

Sometimes I almost feel hate for them :cry:. I can't help it. To quote Samuel Johnson, "He that voluntarily continues ignorant is guilty of all the crimes which ignorance produces."

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
1. Injustice

Yes...that can be reason to hate someone.Ignorance is simply not having an open mind on something,and an open mind requires thinking,logic,and reason.Being ignorant just dashes them all out the window...

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what do you think of entp's and why

They make great playmates, but I find they are often cruel and unsympathetic towards others. So they make good friends but aren't relationship material.

Which part of the sentence don't you remember? :)

Scatchin' ma bawls!

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
what do you think of entp's and why

I know one ENTP (FTM trans) and I don't think I've ever clicked with someone as quickly. Online conversations are a whirlwind of absurdity. Offline, he brings out the extravert in me. We go coffee house-hopping, which adds fuel to the fire. Conversations are fast-paced and scattered, with no pauses for clarification- we understand each other perfectly. We get on very well, but not something I would pursue romantically. Too flighty and gregarious. More like a favourite everyday friend.