• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone noticed the veritable smorgasbord of INTPs that are on this site?

Let's all just bask in it a bit. Ohhhh yeah. That feels good.

You'd think it would be a much wittier board than it is seeing how there's so many of them. Don't look at me, all I have is peanuts :mellow:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone noticed the veritable smorgasbord of INTPs that are on this site?

Let's all just bask in it a bit. Ohhhh yeah. That feels good.

Yeah. It's interesting to observe the amount of individual diversity despite the existence of the all the supposed MBTI stereotypes relative to each type.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Give us an inch and will interpret a mile... The lack of definitions, or rather the lack of specific definitions allows us to manipulate them how we see fit. It is versatile; we are versatile... Though we shouldn't be. That's why this system will ultimately fail. Without concrete, verifiable definitions this system is nothing. Damn nurture aspect muddies everything up.

Jyak

MBTI Type
I?TP
Hold off all decisions until school starts. Then run around frantically trying to crash course that are still open. Take notice the courses that you were able to crash. That is fate (i.e. in other words actually a program built into your DNA) telling you what to major in as you notice a pattern, with each course you have been able being an element of a whole.

Or for the more pragmatic less adventurous INTP. Take care of all your general ed first.

That has to be the best advice I've ever heard about life after high school.

Ahh!
My friend doesn't know what he wants to do, I really want to pass on this advice!
:happy2:

N

NPcomplete

Dear INTPs,
How "idealistic" are you? Do you have some sort of internal code of honour that you live by?
Gracias,
me.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Code of honour, no. But I am incredibly idealistic in my conception of politics and humanity (I mean, I know about reality but I have a view of what could be in an ideal world where reason works properly, and it would probably be very ethical considering that that's what reason do (I'm pretty sure both feeling and thinking are evidence of the existence of reason so I'm not saying that there would not be F types, in fact, it would probably mean that we would be able to use all of our functions equally which is impossible).

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear INTPs,
How "idealistic" are you? Do you have some sort of internal code of honour that you live by?
Gracias,
me.
#1 ''Never betray good people''
#2 ''Never be bad to someone that didn't deserve''
#3 ''Don't make people pay for your mistakes''
#4 ''Treat people equally, regardless of their social status''
Nothing too rigid, to be honest.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear INTPs,
Gracias,
me.

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.
When in doubt, seek refuge in god.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.
When in doubt, seek refuge in god.

I KNEW you were one of them :devil:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Eleven.html

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Dear INTPs,
Gracias,
me.

I am quite idealistic. All of my actions and attitudes and whatnot are pointing to an ideal utopia. There are three attitudes in particular that are vital to a utopia IMO.

1. Consider the future before considering the present (especially environmentally).
2. Treat others as I would like to be treated if I were them.
3. Competition is fine for games and sports, but for things that matter, the world should play on co-op mode.

I think if everyone followed those simple rules, the world would improve DRASTICALLY. I follow them to the best of my ability.

N

NPcomplete

Ha thank you for the insightful replies and the hilarious :devil: one.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dear INTPs,
Gracias,
me.

hmmm idealistic.. maybe to some degree, but mostly im realistic, but i do tend to look out for ideal outcomes more than negative, its not that i expect them to come true, but imo its better to concentrate on idealistic outcomes. i do think that im bit idealistic at times too.

yes i have very strong internal code of honor.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
can you figure out the conductivity of an element using the atomic weight? if so or not, how would you go about finding something like this out?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
can you figure out the conductivity of an element using the atomic weight? if so or not, how would you go about finding something like this out?

Maybe I once could. Definately not anymore now though. Most I've learned about chemistry and all has since slipped my mind. It's not something I have a use for in my daily life.

If I was to try and find out the conductivity at this moment with the supplies at hand, I'd probably resort to connecting a lightbulb to a powersource using the element as a conductor, and compare it to a standard element for conducting like copper and the result would probably be "Doesn't conduct as well as copper.". Considering copper conducts pretty damn well.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can consider how many valence electrons the atom has, how many electrons it has underneath it and how many protons there are in the nucleus to work out how much pull the atom has for it's outermost electrons (for the 1st ionization, the second you need to factor in the missing electron, potentially from an electron pair). You will also need to consider the state of the metal as a whole (it's array), and you would also need to make certain that you've included it's relation to temperature, electrons move more smoothly (faster) at lower temperatures. Before you can do any of this, you need to identify the atom though, which is possible using atomic weight (do you really mean atomic weight?), but kind of unusual.