• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And now the thread has been won. The day secured. Peace for a thousand years shall reign from the distant orange mountains of fire, all the way to the depths of the jasmine tea sea.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's more like a circle with entps, not like a square in pulp-fiction but equally so :D

r4prrps4.jpg

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Dear Intps,

if you think you were right on a topic, but would look like an ass when saying what you think, but do it nevertheless and later on figure that you were wrong; could then a package of rice levitate to the ceiling by accident in China ?

I have been making so many mistakes lately. Now, mostly they've been either emotional, physical, or navigational, which are specific things that I know I'm not very good at and therefore have accepted that I'm going to make mistakes. In the last week, I've made out with one of my best friends, badly burned myself, banged my head on a drawer, stubbed my toe several times, and gotten lost like 5 times. Clearly, the first mistake was the biggest, but I think I handled it.

Of course, mistakes like those aren't what you're talking about. In intellectual discussions, I'm either right, or will admit that I might not be up front. I'll say "I could be wrong, but I think Azerbaijan neighbors Armenia." If I'm not 100% confident that I'm right, especially in a moral issue, I will not act upon anything, and I won't claim to know what I'm talking about. Even if it makes me look like an ass, I will usually fight a moral issue to the death :D. I should mention that all political issues are essentially moral issues, and for anything that has an objectively right or wrong answer (like the geography thing above), I'll concede as soon as some authority (read: wikipedia) makes itself known.

Would I count as someone to answer the questions? Oh well. I might as well ask,
If a man were to kill one of your loved ones and they currently reside in a shack three miles away from your home, asleep, would you kill him or let him live? If you choose to kill, please explain how you would kill him and if you would let him live, explain why you would let him live.

I take my pacifism very seriously. I would likely let the police handle it. I believe very strongly that two wrongs do not add up to a right. I don't see the difference between justice and vengeance. I'd make sure he doesn't kill again by making sure he ends up in prison. If the courts fail me, I'd probably break his ankles or something to make sure he doesn't kill again.

93JC

If a man were to kill one of your loved ones and they currently reside in a shack three miles away from your home, asleep, would you kill him or let him live? If you choose to kill, please explain how you would kill him and if you would let him live, explain why you would let him live.

I know what I'm supposed to say. I'm supposed to say "I'd call the cops, let the justice system work it out." And it's overwhelmingly likely that I would do that. But, assuming that hypothetical man did it, went to trial and was (wrongly) found innocent?

I'd kill him. How? Ideally the same way he killed my loved one, but killing him in a manner such that I could get away with it would be paramount. The eventual method would be a result of careful consideration between how close I could emulate his crime while giving me the best chance to cover up my tracks.

That probably sounds very morbid, but it's true. Some things I won't let go of.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have been making so many mistakes lately. Now, mostly they've been either emotional, physical, or navigational, which are specific things that I know I'm not very good at and therefore have accepted that I'm going to make mistakes. In the last week, I've made out with one of my best friends, badly burned myself, banged my head on a drawer, stubbed my toe several times, and gotten lost like 5 times. Clearly, the first mistake was the biggest, but I think I handled it.

Of course, mistakes like those aren't what you're talking about. In intellectual discussions, I'm either right, or will admit that I might not be up front. I'll say "I could be wrong, but I think Azerbaijan neighbors Armenia." If I'm not 100% confident that I'm right, especially in a moral issue, I will not act upon anything, and I won't claim to know what I'm talking about. Even if it makes me look like an ass, I will usually fight a moral issue to the death :D. I should mention that all political issues are essentially moral issues, and for anything that has an objectively right or wrong answer (like the geography thing above), I'll concede as soon as some authority (read: wikipedia) makes itself known.

Hey dont worry I love you guys. It's just sometimes I like to pick fights but thats nothing personal it's a problem I have. I really didnt want to make you vindicate yourself. Its the booze, its the true and real enemy ! -.-

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey dont worry I love you guys. It's just sometimes I like to pick fights but thats nothing personal it's a problem I have. I really didnt want to make you vindicate yourself. Its the booze, its the true and real enemy ! -.-

Stop picking on us, OK?! Or one of us is going to snap on you. :)

How's that for an emo outburst?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nah I was seriously apologizing. Being together for 6 years now with an infp has shown me that I am too overbearin sometimes. I feel like the 3 cats here:

129093587363124633.jpg

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
if you think you were right on a topic, but would look like an ass when saying what you think, but do it nevertheless and later on figure that you were wrong; could then a package of rice levitate to the ceiling by accident in China ?

I heard a rumour about this: on the internet they edit their post, so it looks like they were right all along and simply had problems explaining their point to others.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't do this kind of thing without a long period of planning. Assuming he won't change his mind and considering he can't be arrested for mere desires, I think the best option is killing the person, but, if I did it myself, I'd probably be too nervous to cover my tracks properly. The best option, imo, would be hiring a pro. Oh, and pay in cash. I have a cop friend that would probably either do or know someone that would get the job done. If i had to do it myself, I'd need a clean gun, as I would need to be in a possessed state to resort to agonizing or overly bloody methods. If both options are impossible, the other option is vanish, leaving away friends and jobs, and hope the man won't find us. :shrug:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I heard a rumour about this: on the internet they edit their post, so it looks like they were right all along and simply had problems explaining their point to others.

Haha. Yeah, we do that too. Not to be "right". Just because we realize that we went off on some wild tangent and didn't even answer the person's question. We got off point, which, I know I'm prone to do. And then we read it back and go, "What was I thinking in that post! I should probably answer their question." At least that's what I did when I edited my post on "P-ness".

If an INTP has edited a post to make themselves appear more "right" (rather than to simply get back on topic), then let the evidence be shown! What? You have no evidence? Away with you!

We aint perfect. We human.

A

Anew Leaf

Question #x^2: I have noticed a shocking lack of fun in this thread.

Would any INTPs care to elaborate on this point?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh, have you not heard?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184"]have you not heard?[/YOUTUBE]

The INTP subtype has no energy, they need to be given cookies and icecream before they will invest their precious nectar. :p

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

LOL. Leave it to Saturned to liven up the thread.

We've been known to behave like that (see Family Guy clip above). Don't make us start posting videos of ourselves acting like fools in our Underoos to prove the point. :solidarity:

N

NPcomplete

*raises hand enthusiastically* I have some questions! *adjusts imaginary nerd glasses*

Do you freak out when you realise that you like someone? Do you also freak out when you realise that someone may like you?

A

Anew Leaf

Oh, have you not heard?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184"]have you not heard?[/YOUTUBE]

The INTP subtype has no energy, they need to be given cookies and icecream before they will invest their precious nectar. :p

HAHAHA! I love that scene!!! "Well there seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece: a headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety." :rofl1:

Ok New QueStiOn: What kind of food sacrifices are required to make an INTP happy?

A

Anew Leaf

LOL. Leave it to Saturned to liven up the thread.

We've been known to behave like that (see Family Guy clip above). Don't make us start posting videos of ourselves acting like fools in our Underoos to prove the point. :solidarity:

No black socks. No service.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't make us start posting videos of ourselves acting like fools in our Underoos to prove the point.

Haha...I've often toyed with the idea of posting a video of me dancing. But not in my undies...

What kind of food sacrifices are required to make an INTP happy?

What...sacrifices as in "must have"?

If so...Pizza. It's perfect for eating with one hand and holding a book in the other. Don't have to break from my reading to pick up food with a fork or spoon.

Do you freak out when you realise that you like someone? Do you also freak out when you realise that someone may like you?

Yes. Yes. Then the costs versus benefits analysis begins.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
*raises hand enthusiastically* I have some questions! *adjusts imaginary nerd glasses*

You're INTP. We need your assistance in answering the incoming questions in this thread. Can you maybe work the graveyard shift for us tonight?

Answer: Yeah, sorta. It's a new ball game when feelings get involved.

Ok New QueStiOn: What kind of food sacrifices are required to make an INTP happy?

Whole wheat penne pasta with chicken, spinach, and bell peppers in it. You haz that kind in your kitchen? Where you livez? I come for dinnahz.

No black socks. No service.

Black socks. Always.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

When I'm interested my anxiety level increases a lot. If I'm interested and I think she's also interested, the anxiety level is doubled - which doesn't help moving things forward.
When I'm not interested I usually don't get emotionally involved, which helps. I guess.
Shrimp fillet for me, please. No vegetables, thanks. I wish i lived in a seaside town just to eat shrimp everyday. Maybe someday. ;)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is getting way too colorful !!!

Edit: I'm joking ok :D