• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

N

NPcomplete

I spend an excessive amount of time alone in my room listening to whatever music fits the feeling (assuming negative). .

The music definitely has to fit the feelings or situation. It helps to identify the feeling.

Oh I just remembered! Sometimes I decide to listen to a particular track for (seemingly) no reason at all. It's only later on that I find out that the lyrics (usually) or something related to the song was very relevant with what I was feeling at the time.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The music definitely has to fit the feelings or situation. It helps to identify the feeling.

Oh I just remembered! Sometimes I decide to listen to a particular track for (seemingly) no reason at all. It's only later on that I find out that the lyrics (usually) or something related to the song was very relevant with what I was feeling at the time.

Yeah! Lately I've been listening to a lot of Swell Season because I've apparently been feeling very wistful.

N

NPcomplete

Yeah! Lately I've been listening to a lot of Swell Season because I've apparently been feeling very wistful.

Their songs are quite wistful... I've been listening mostly to Andrew Bird lately because he takes me away from a world of unnecessary drama.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Their songs are quite wistful... I've been listening mostly to Andrew Bird lately because he takes me away from a world of unnecessary drama.

ANDREW BIRD IS MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE ARTIST.

I rarely meet people, even online, who have heard of him. Perhaps he appeals to INTPs. I can see the complexity appealing to Ti in particular.

A

Anew Leaf

(i love Andrew bird!!)

Question #50: what is something that scares INTPs?

Is it:
A. Emotions
B. A quadratic equation with incorrect information
C. Waking up in bed with a Billy goat with glowing green eyes next to you.
D. things with more legs than needed. Ie, a spider, or a centipede, or a starfish.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
A. Emotions
D. things with more legs than needed. Ie, a spider, or a centipede, or a starfish.

Woo...that's a real tough one. A toss up between A and D...arachnids *shudders with horror*

(guesswho, don't you post a spider pic either!)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
A. Emotions

That's easy:
A. Only when they are obviously irrational and out of control
B. Nah, that's annoying rather than scary
C. OMG, who mows their lawn? Lawn mowers are just as scary as their distant counsins the vacuum cleaners...inside or outside the bed!
D. Nope, bugs are fine

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
A. Emotions

I don't want to wake up next to anything with a beard. Or more than two legs. Or Hooves. Glowing green eyes could be kinda cool on an otherwise attractive lady.

To answer your question, C. Of course.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
A. Emotions

Honestly, I'd say none of the above.

A. I'm Fe, so I'm not the kind of person who can hold back my emotions or keep them under wraps. If I feel something, I like it to be voiced. If I keep emotions bottled up, I feel like I'm going to explode or something. They have to come out. I think sometimes people think that if an INTP doesn't emote a lot (which we don't), that they must be ignoring their emotions or not giving them their proper acknowledgement or something, and that's not necessarily true. This last weekend was a roller coaster of emotions for me (family reunion of sorts - *cough*) - it had some ups and some personal downs for me. Lots of emotions - but, just by talking about those things in a calm, rational manner with people was me emoting. By talking about the weekend with someone, that allowed me to work through the emotions. If I say to someone, "This weekend was a bit sad for me for certain reasons" - I may seem like a robot INTP who "is hiding his real emotions" - but, in reality, that *is* me dealing with my emotions. Might seem stunted to an NF, but that is emotional to me. If I say I'm sad, you can believe that I'm feeling the emotion of sadness inside to a large degree. One time last year, I had to call a friend about an issue I was going through and I sobbed like a baby for about 10 minutes on the phone. And, it was really a somewhat trivial issue. It wasn't even something like the loss of a loved one or anything like that. It was an issue that made me feel like I had failed miserably. That I had let people down who had trusted me with a large responsibility and who I gave my word and my handshake that everything would be taken care of and I was unable to deliver. These "episodes" happen maybe once a year - I call it my "once a year meltdown". Other than those meltdowns, I deal with emotions all the time, it's just not in an NF type of way. It's just more of a talking through things.

B. Annoying, but it's not going to stop the earth from rotating on its axis - therefore, I can overlook it.

C. "Come here and lay down in the bed you little Billy goat. Yes, good billy goat. Now go to sleep." :huh:

D. Yeah, I'm not real fond of these things. Spiders get stepped on or crushed, centipedes get kicked into the gutter, and starfish are cool - although I really have no desire to touch one that is alive. I'd rather just wave to him.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Did you at least find out you maybe kinda liked it? Enough that it didn't ruin your lunch?

Yeah, it wasn't that bad. It was edible. It's just that if I pay for something (especially food), I want to get what I ordered. I don't want to order A and get B. I don't want to order a brown leather couch and then have the company deliver a blue cloth couch. So, yeah, it wasn't a huge deal. But, I didn't enjoy my sandwich as much as I would have. Instead of being a 9 out of 10 of fresh goodness, it was more like a 5 or 6 out of 10, which is OK, but also kind of aggravating. Why eat 5-ness, when you know you could have had 9-ness?

N

NPcomplete

ANDREW BIRD IS MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE ARTIST.

I rarely meet people, even online, who have heard of him. Perhaps he appeals to INTPs. I can see the complexity appealing to Ti in particular.

I tried to convert another INTP friend but he didn't get it. There's just something so zen about his music. Even when he's expressing feelings, it's zen and not drama queen-like. He's pretty much one of the few musicians I can still listen to.

(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
A. Emotions

Woot you love him too!

To answer your question, none of the above. The list of things that scare me is not definitive still, but failing in my own eyes is high up there.

A

Anew Leaf

I tried to convert another INTP friend but he didn't get it. There's just something so zen about his music. Even when he's expressing feelings, it's zen and not drama queen-like. He's pretty much one of the few musicians I can still listen to.

Woot you love him too!

To answer your question, none of the above. The list of things that scare me is not definitive still, but failing in my own eyes is high up there.

I do. :) I love how interesting his lyrics are... so scientific and strange! :) Non drama emotions have a big appeal for Fi-users anyways. :)

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Question #6: If you have your Ti shield up, how can we convince you to lower your defenses so that we can attack with lots of hugs?

I love hugs at the right time. If I'm busy, anxious, upset, etc. don't bother trying to hug me because it'll be like hugging a tree bark.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something like this?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAlQoei16AM"]Elmyra[/YOUTUBE]

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A. I'm Fe, so I'm not the kind of person who can hold back my emotions or keep them under wraps. If I feel something, I like it to be voiced. If I keep emotions bottled up, I feel like I'm going to explode or something. They have to come out. I think sometimes people think that if an INTP doesn't emote a lot (which we don't), that they must be ignoring their emotions or not giving them their proper acknowledgement or something, and that's not necessarily true. This last weekend was a roller coaster of emotions for me (family reunion of sorts - *cough*) - it had some ups and some personal downs for me. Lots of emotions - but, just by talking about those things in a calm, rational manner with people was me emoting. By talking about the weekend with someone, that allowed me to work through the emotions. If I say to someone, "This weekend was a bit sad for me for certain reasons" - I may seem like a robot INTP who "is hiding his real emotions" - but, in reality, that *is* me dealing with my emotions. Might seem stunted to an NF, but that is emotional to me. If I say I'm sad, you can believe that I'm feeling the emotion of sadness inside to a large degree. One time last year, I had to call a friend about an issue I was going through and I sobbed like a baby for about 10 minutes on the phone. And, it was really a somewhat trivial issue. It wasn't even something like the loss of a loved one or anything like that. It was an issue that made me feel like I had failed miserably. That I had let people down who had trusted me with a large responsibility and who I gave my word and my handshake that everything would be taken care of and I was unable to deliver. These "episodes" happen maybe once a year - I call it my "once a year meltdown". Other than those meltdowns, I deal with emotions all the time, it's just not in an NF type of way. It's just more of a talking through things.

This is golden. :D

I really have trouble keeping emotions to myself. I just HAVE to talk or write about things that either made me happy or upset (especially the latter). But I usually try not to talk about my feelings about something that deeply upset me, at least not face-to-face with someone else. I inevitably cry. :cry: And I have little control over my tears.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Do any of you think a mix of klezmer and hip hop would be a marketable genre of music?

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do any of you think a mix of klezmer and hip hop would be a marketable genre of music?

Probably not an entire genre, but I'd like it better than regular hip hop. I am not a fan of hip hop.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Like this? http://www.amazon.com/Eponymous-Chu...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1308173108&sr=1-1

I do own a cd that mixes klezmer and son cubano, it works. I'm no expert on hip hop but I think it might be difficult and a special case. But hip hop in Hebrew or Yiddish (or in fact any language), why not.

EDIT: If it's just the market, yes, there could be a market for this.