• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to compose an original symphony but I'm crap at writing enough suitable melodies and linking them together. What do you INTPs think I should do?
I have no idea, but just to give some food for thought:
''The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.'' -Albert Einstein :cheese:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd like to compose an original symphony but I'm crap at writing enough suitable melodies and linking them together. What do you INTPs think I should do?

Just click your mouse wildly all over an open document in Finalé note pad or some such program. Symphony writes itself and you have made very modernist music :laugh:. Or pull a John Cage and just score silence

A

Anew Leaf

What is the least awkward place to get an INTP to meet up with you if you haven't seen eachother in years?

the bedroom?

ahhaha. i'm kidding.

what does he like? science? music? art? etc... meet up there so he is in his comfy zone.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
the bedroom?

ahhaha. i'm kidding.

what does he like? science? music? art? etc... meet up there so he is in his comfy zone.

HAHAHA, oh I'm sure the bedroom would be his ideal.. unfortunately.... no.

I was thinking about a bar that he occasionally goes to, that plays live music and has apx 30-40 people in it at night. I know I won't have a problem talking to him, but he is extremely introverted.. and I hate putting pressure on him to socialize. If I take him to a bar and it gets awkward for him or he feels put on the spot, I can always chat with other people to take the spotlight off him. What do you think?

A

Anew Leaf

HAHAHA, oh I'm sure the bedroom would be his ideal.. unfortunately.... no.

I was thinking about a bar that he occasionally goes to, that plays live music and has apx 30-40 people in it at night. I know I won't have a problem talking to him, but he is extremely introverted.. and I hate putting pressure on him to socialize. If I take him to a bar and it gets awkward for him or he feels put on the spot, I can always chat with other people to take the spotlight off him. What do you think?

Hmm, I dunno! Introverts like spending quiet, one-on-one time with people. I think I would personally be annoyed (ok, I would be totally annoyed) if the purpose was given as having dinner together... and then my friend/date started randomly talking to strangers because I was taking awhile to reply.

And hey look, I hijacked yet another thread! >.> /skedaddles.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm, I dunno! Introverts like spending quiet, one-on-one time with people. I think I would personally be annoyed (ok, I would be totally annoyed) if the purpose was given as having dinner together... and then my friend/date started randomly talking to strangers because I was taking awhile to reply.

And hey look, I hijacked yet another thread! >.> /skedaddles.

Its cool! It's not meant to be a "lets hook up I'm interested in you" deal. We tried that along time ago, no bueno. Its more of a "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up" deal. He keeps indirectly asking me to, but I want to send clear signals of *just friends*.

A

Anew Leaf

Its cool! It's not meant to be a "lets hook up I'm interested in you" deal. We tried that along time ago, no bueno. Its more of a "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up" deal. He keeps indirectly asking me to, but I want to send clear signals of *just friends*.

Ah, I've been there... The day before Valentine's Day I went to the science museum with a friend of mine. (We've been friends for about 14 years now, and in the beginning he was interested in dating me, but I said no.) I am always on the alert to not give the wrong impression about why we are hanging out. (Not that I think I am all that and a bag of doritos, but I hate being lead on myself.) Anyways, we go to this fancy restaurant and the server chick assumes we are dating:

Server: Ohhhh romantic dinner for 2 I see for Valentine's Day?
Me (head): Motherfucker! Why did I have to see the science museum today of all days!!
Me (mouth): Nope, just having dinner. *Looks down sternly at menu*
Server: Oh.... Ok.... Um... So Um... yeah....

It was awkward enough sharing dessert at the end. Sharing a dessert with a non-date designated male always makes me stare at where they are eating so I can eat on the opposite side. I get weird about the idea of our saliva mingling even through the medium of cake.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah, I've been there... The day before Valentine's Day I went to the science museum with a friend of mine. (We've been friends for about 14 years now, and in the beginning he was interested in dating me, but I said no.) I am always on the alert to not give the wrong impression about why we are hanging out. (Not that I think I am all that and a bag of doritos, but I hate being lead on myself.) Anyways, we go to this fancy restaurant and the server chick assumes we are dating:

Server: Ohhhh romantic dinner for 2 I see for Valentine's Day?
Me (head): Motherfucker! Why did I have to see the science museum today of all days!!
Me (mouth): Nope, just having dinner. *Looks down sternly at menu*
Server: Oh.... Ok.... Um... So Um... yeah....

It was awkward enough sharing dessert at the end. Sharing a dessert with a non-date designated male always makes me stare at where they are eating so I can eat on the opposite side. I get weird about the idea of our saliva mingling even through the medium of cake.

Ah Saturned, you are a funny girl!

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
And you are scared he wont get the "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up"? Really? :wtf:

Even if you add the phrase: "I only want to be your friend and have no romantic feelings for you"?

If hes got good deduction skills Im pretty sure he'll get what you mean. If not I dont understand why you want him as a friend.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
And you are scared he wont get the "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up"? Really? :wtf:

Even if you add the phrase: "I only want to be your friend and have no romantic feelings for you"?

If hes got good deduction skills Im pretty sure he'll get what you mean. If not I dont understand why you want him as a friend.

Uh, its been aloong time. Probably 7-8 yrs. I am pretty sure that he gets its just a friend thing. I don't want to have to come out and say this if its not necessary. I find that a bit rude. What if he gets it, and then I go and say something like that, then he compulsively analyzes why I felt the need to make the clarification, then it becomes AWKWARD, and there goes the friendship.....

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Uh, its been aloong time. Probably 7-8 yrs. I am pretty sure that he gets its just a friend thing. I don't want to have to come out and say this if its not necessary. I find that a bit rude. What if he gets it, and then I go and say something like that, then he compulsively analyzes why I felt the need to make the clarification, then it becomes AWKWARD, and there goes the friendship.....

okay then keep it at the first line and look for hints on his behavior towards you. Dont make it too complicated, atleast. But dont be too considerate, I can only talk from my own experience, but I dont like that. Even INTPs can be realists :wink:

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
if you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be and why?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Romanesco broccoli. It's got a fractal pattern.

4989069078_bdb746762e.jpg

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh my goodness, that is the most amazing vegetable I have seen in my life. I pick that one too.

N

NPcomplete

if you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be and why?

Ha this makes me think of that line in Amelie when she says to the vegetable-seller that at least he'll never be a vegetable, because even artichokes have hearts.

Alright I've got a question from iNTP to INTPs:

Do people sometimes think that you're arguing with them when in fact you were only justifying your actions (in a very un-argumentative way)? I don't know how to deal with such people anymore. :(

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Just click your mouse wildly all over an open document in Finalé note pad or some such program. Symphony writes itself and you have made very modernist music :laugh:. Or pull a John Cage and just score silence

If I wanted to write crap, I'd pull a Schoenberg.
Oh and 'silence' was not John Cage's music. Ambient noise was. But I live on a main road, so my ambience sucks.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
INTPs. How does your current/near future job match up to your dream job? Is there such thing as a dream job out there for you?