• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] General Impressions of the INTJ

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
(Recently, I created a similar thread on INTPc and was impressed with the grandeur of (most) of my fellows. Yet, I think familiarity with my "identity" may have distorted some of the objectivity in their responses. So, as I am only slightly better-than-invisible on this forum, I thought I would ask the same question - )

What are your general impressions of the INTJ?

I'm curious to hear what others may (or may not) think about INTJs.
Double-barrel, if you like. I'd like to see how we(?) are perceived by others.

If possible, I'll also try to explain INTJ behavior, as questions arise.

Thoughts?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd be very interested in your take on the distribution of results 7-10 in this poll. Uncharacteristically, few of the other INTJs had an opinion on it. :whistling:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd be very interested in your take on the distribution of results 7-10 in this poll. Uncharacteristically, few of the other INTJs had an opinion on it. :whistling:

Well, I would encourage a healthy skepticism towards statistical relays of data. I find that individuals tend to be a bit...permissive...in their interpretation of data as it relates to their endemic experiences. A self-fulfilling prophecy, if you like.

That said, the poll is interesting. If I am correct, by items #7-10, you refer to the following points:

I am not an INXJ and I find that practically all INTJs suffer from it
I am not an INXJ and I find that 50% of INTJs or more suffer from it
I am not an INXJ and I find that fewer than 50% of INTJs suffer from it

Clearly, there exists a certain bias relative to Type assumption. The generalities offered by the MBTI create a landscape that can be highly subjective. That said, intimate interpretation should still be reconciled against a standard - ideally, the standard should have a practical basis to one's experience alongside empirical provisions.

As such, if the "typical" INTJ is narrow-minded and socially flaccid, the profile will reflect this dimensionality.

So, to be fair, I'm not entirely certain the basis for consideration (MBTI) provides a reliable plateau for informed opinions to arise.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I would encourage a healthy skepticism towards statistical relays of data.

I can ask the voters to anecdotally describe their experiences with INTJs who suffered from closed-minded certitude if you think that will make it easier for you to try to explain the behavior?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I've always had high standards and the only person I have met that can live up to them is my INTJ Husband. We go together like hand in glove.

I've met one other (Husbands friend) that I know of and he is ok just highly neurotic. I think some of the posters on here who think they're INTJ are not. Night I do believe you are not one of those so you're safe :)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I can ask the voters to anecdotally describe their experiences with INTJs who suffered from closed-minded certitude if you think that will make it easier for you to try to explain the behavior?

Hehe...I think their responses are evident of the system to which they are exposed. I think further evaluation would result in a restating of this premise, followed by a recycling of output.

Is there a specific question you'd like explained?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I've met one other (Husbands friend) that I know if irl and he is ok just highly neurotic. I think some of the posters on here who think they're INTJ are not. Night I do believe you are not one of those so you're safe :)

Thank you.

It might interest you to know that I began my life as an INFJ.

Personal dynamics forced a mutation of Type in my early adult years.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I've always had high standards and the only person I have met that can live up to them is my INTJ Husband. We go together like hand in glove.

Limey is fantastic. Truly funny.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Thank you.

It might interest you to know that I began my life as an INFJ.

Personal dynamics forced a mutation of Type in my early adult years.
Really? Are you sure about that? I hate to stereotype, but aren't most INFJ men gay? I don't think I've ever met one that wasn't, although anything is possible:)

I can see how life experiences would change a persons type. Mine has changed a few times although now I think that INfJ seems a good fit for me.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Haha...slight correction:

All are gay. Except me. Strangely, I traded Types with my brother, who is now gay.

Nothing wrong with being gay! Although I did read somewhere that you were recently married so it would seem odd if you were.

PS love your wedding photo (snappy dresser), but why is it altered?

:wtf:

I know one who definitely isn't. :)
Who's that then? :devil:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nothing wrong with being gay! Although I did read somewhere that you were recently married so it would seem odd if you were.

PS love your wedding photo (snappy dresser), but why is it altered?
Thank you!

Ah - I didn't want my wife to be dipped into the "festive" conversations that can sometimes happen on INTPc.

She's ENFJ. I'd hate for her to find out and have it hurt her.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Thank you!

Ah - I didn't want my wife to be dipped into the "festive" conversations that can sometimes happen on INTPc.

She's ENFJ. I'd hate for her to find out and have it hurt her.

What does your wife think of MBTI?

A very good friend of mine is an ENFJ and I think she is just wonderful. :)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
What does your wife think of MBTI?

A very good friend of mine is an ENFJ and I think she is just wonderful. :)

She's much more pedestrian in her interest.

Heh - I've noticed that (most) NFJs tend to be wildly personable and genuinely kind.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
She's much more pedestrian in her interest.

Heh - I've noticed that (most) NFJs tend to be wildly personable and genuinely kind.

That may change. When Limey used to talk to me about personality types I would roll my eyes and call him a nut job :p Now we spend a lot of time analyzing the hell out of everyone. It comes naturally to us and it's just so much fun!