• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do you deal with unreliable people?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm pretty unreliable when it comes to hanging out.
Oh.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
leave them alone

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, you don't rely on them.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
@msg_v2: Your post is quite helpful. Actually, I would go as far as calling it gospel. Thanks. :yes:

Well, you don't rely on them.

I don't rely on them or ask anything of them and if they remain flaky, I'll ask what's wrong. If nothing improves or the situation is not improvable, I move on. This is, of course, assuming that I rely on people. Which is unusual.

To answer the question, how do you deal with unreliable people? I don't.

All of the above posts pretty much say either, 1.) I don't rely on people or 2.) I don't deal with unreliable people what-so-ever.

How on earth do any of you get along with Perceiving types? :huh:

self doubt in ones own abilities, could be doubt in a decision, maybe its not truly what is wanted. what kind of instance or situation are they being unreliable or what are they doing that is coming across to you as unreliable?

My situation is pretty simple. I met an ISFP- we hung out once, and we were supposed to hang out again soon. It's been weeks, and all the plans are being cancelled soon after they're set up. I don't think this person has a reason to hate me, nor a reason to cancel all of our plans- I just think she might not be the best with coming through with things.

To those who say they don't rely on people at all: I really don't either. I'll give some perspective: I recently moved out of my house to college. At home, which is where I am now for break, I had to rely on people to do things because this town is one that doesn't have much going for it- what I mean by that is I can't find somewhere to simply meet new people or just be around people. If I walked up to someone here and introduced myself, I'd get one hell of a weird look. College is the exact opposite. There's a constant flow of people around me- I can do everything "alone" but still be surrounded by people. So, I lived here all of these years in a cave of self-consciousness and angst, whilst performing poorly academically because of the scarce amount of "people" environments (along with a house that with rather strict rules), and I go to college to realize the vast amount of environments and accepting people- I start to excel academically and personally- and I'm not self-conscious or anxious.

Red = INFJ
Blue = ENTP

I think I just figured myself out. I was a closet ENTP. I need a place with lots of activity to survive, preferably a big city or college campus.