• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] neighbors barking dog

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Ok, I was going to post on the Nf`s forum but Im sure the feed back would not be as good as it would be from NT forum. neighbor has this..little Dog and there is nothing cute about it, it looks like a little Rat mix of something else. I love animals, I just have not had a good nites rest in 21 days. I know im not the only person who, I seen a guy approach the neighbor and complain. the neighbor with the barking dog, brushed it off and did nothing about it. some people have offered some tips to handle this problem that might work, neighbor does not care and the dog barks late into the night.
cause i have not been sleeping well :devil: I been feeling more inclined to take matters into my own hands.

any suggestions?:cheese:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Earplugs are the simplest solution. :yes:

If the neighbor isn't interested in resolving the problem, I'd probably start knocking on the door or calling them in a respectful but assertive way whenever the dog was barking constantly at an obviously late hour.

Your city might have a noise ordinance. Search online for it, or call the non-emergency police number and ask if they can do anything.

Without an ordinance, you might have to resort to ordnance.... ;)

MachineGunPrairieDog.jpg

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
my qualm is with the neighbor and not the animal but just wondering NT would deal

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Ok, I was going to post on the Nf`s forum but Im sure the feed back would not be as good as it would be from NT forum. neighbor has this..little Dog and there is nothing cute about it, it looks like a little Rat mix of something else. I love animals, I just have not had a good nites rest in 21 days. I know im not the only person who, I seen a guy approach the neighbor and complain. the neighbor with the barking dog, brushed it off and did nothing about it. some people have offered some tips to handle this problem that might work, neighbor does not care and the dog barks late into the night.
cause i have not been sleeping well :devil: I been feeling more inclined to take matters into my own hands.

any suggestions?:cheese:

Oooh, there's been a dog like that for me too.

Spraying it with a hose a little bit worked pretty good.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have a plan, but it requires a lot of money. I think we could solve that though: have you ever bought Robitussin before?

Really, though, I second the noise ordinance. Usually you can call 3-1-1 and they'll deal with it. I remember I had to do it a few times at me old house.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I'm not sure what that post means. It seems like you do have a qualm with the dog and not the neighbor.^

I cannot stand barking dogs in my neighborhood. I agree with JAVO's suggestions. Call in the nighttime when the dog is barking. If I'm out walking in my rural area and one of the neighbor's dogs starts barkng incessantly I actually start hollering across the field for the dog to HUSH UP! srsly! I can't stand it! People in my parts call the sheriff for that sort of thing, although I haven't yet.....works pretty good I think.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
my qualm is with the neighbor and not the animal but just wondering NT would deal

Well, I certainly don't recommend using the ordnance solution on the neighbor. :D

Your qualm is actually with the animal. You're making assumptions about the neighbor's motivations for not resolving the problem. He might feel as powerless as you do to control the situation.

Someone actually created a website about this problem. :shock:

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
yes, the animal is annoying but its the neighbors, just as he is responsible for picking up after his pet he is also responsible for taking care of the barking late into the night, that others pointed out, is an issue

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
yes, the animal is annoying but its the neighbors, just as he is responsible for picking up after his pet he is also responsible for taking care of the barking late into the night, that others pointed out, is an issue

Agreed. It's the owner's fault, not the animal's, and he needs to take responsibility. I would look into the noise ordinance thing, as well. Barring that, I kind of like the idea of calmly knocking on the owner's door every time you've been woken up by incessant barking. Showing no anger, but just very calmly showing him that if you're up, he's up. :smile:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why don't you just stop being annoyed by the dog?

I've always lived with dogs, house dogs, dogs for sport, social dogs, less social dogs. I loved them all. Some barked at night, some all through the night. I don't get annoyed by it. I don't even hear them at night. Neighbours keep complaining and throwing bricks on the kennel though. Yeah, LIKE THAT WILL SHUT THEM UP, lol. :p

Also, in almost all cases of our dogs barking, it's the neighbours fault. If a dog barks once from seeing a mouse or whatever, it's normal, it'll shut up. But if the neighbour then starts shouting or throwing stuff. Yeah, it'll be barking for a few hours to come.

Also, our dogs are trained to search, bark, attack and whatnot. We're not going to tell them barking isn't fine when they clearly feel threatened. Because that's exactly what they're trained to do. And they love it! So NYER to my neighbours.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6

I've always lived with dogs, house dogs, dogs for sport, social dogs, less social dogs. I loved them all. Some barked at night, some all through the night. I don't get annoyed by it. I don't even hear them at night. Neighbours keep complaining and throwing bricks on the kennel though. Yeah, LIKE THAT WILL SHUT THEM UP, lol. :p

Also, in almost all cases of our dogs barking, it's the neighbours fault. If a dog barks once from seeing a mouse or whatever, it's normal, it'll shut up. But if the neighbour then starts shouting or throwing stuff. Yeah, it'll be barking for a few hours to come.

Also, our dogs are trained to search, bark, attack and whatnot. We're not going to tell them barking isn't fine when they clearly feel threatened. Because that's exactly what they're trained to do. And they love it! So NYER to my neighbours.

Yeah, totally.

Headphones might work.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj

i like your avatar, you dress it up dont you?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Your an NF, your not going to do anything about it.....:D

Step one, complain to house holder
After nothing happens
Step two, call the local authorities which will piss your neighbour off, but they are responcible....

Finally if nothing else works move house

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
wow my evil plan of keeping the dog barking without intermission got 3 people plus myself on his lawn complaining. his anger wont be directed at one person but 4 and the shut in who called the police. before everyone walked away i enlisted them in implementing an ordinance. da end

thanks all

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
wow my evil plan of keeping the dog barking without intermission got 3 people plus myself on his lawn complaining. his anger wont be directed at one person but 4 and the shut in who called the police. before everyone walked away i enlisted them in implementing an ordinance. da end

thanks all

Good for you! Glad it worked out for you without causing WWIII.