• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Superstitious behaviours?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're an NT right, and suppose to be super rational, everything has a logical explanation....but....

What are the things you do that are superstitious or ritulistic that you think aren't particularly logical?

An example.... avoiding soing thing on Friday the 13th...

spil?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I keep a $2 bill in my wallet, but mostly just because it's interesting to look at. I don't think it grants me any better luck or anything like that, but I still do it.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
When I worked in a call-center, I would knock on my desk occasionally (knocking on wood) in hopes it would delay me having to talk to another customer. Also, as a kid, if I scratched one hand I would have to scratch the other out of fear that the unscratched would get mad and jump off and leave me. This went for all appendages or anything there was double of, like nostrils and butt cheeks.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh my.
Superstitious behaviors, no.
OCD behaviors??? :whistling:

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
hmmm... I go to church.

That counts right?

As for superstitious behaviors? I pick which ones I follow... like picking money up off the ground.

I think the whole good luck bad luck thing makes sense though... when you think your lucky, you feel better, happier, whatever. Chances are, you're paying attention to life... thus you find opportunity... however small it may be.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
When I was growing up, I used to have a routine that I'd follow every single night immediately before plopping into bed: Check under the bed, check in the closet, check behind the shower curtain, pat all of my dolls on the head to say good night, and then tell Jesus to protect the house (I'm not religious anymore though). I had to do the routine twice every night. If I didn't do it twice, then a monster would appear somewhere in my room and attack me in my sleep. Silly, huh? Good thing I don't still do this...

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I was growing up, I used to have a routine that I'd follow every single night immediately before plopping into bed: Check under the bed, check in the closet, check behind the shower curtain, pat all of my dolls on the head to say good night, and then tell Jesus to protect the house (I'm not religious anymore though). I had to do the routine twice every night. If I didn't do it twice, then a monster would appear somewhere in my room and attack me in my sleep. Silly, huh? Good thing I don't still do this...

You can never be to safe.

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
For some reason,I have developed a liking for certain numbers,examples:

1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11,13,16,17,19,20...etc...

I don´t know why,but,i like doing things in the sequence of those numbers.Like,if i were to eat a bag of cookies,i would eat the number of the examples shown.I would also make sure that a certain number was left in the bag...

it also have to do with the fact that i prefer even numbers than odd numbers.The number 5 used in the example may not be an even number,but if you do 3+2,it equals 5 and includes an even number,and if you also multiply it by even numbers,the result is more even numbers :)...

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Stuff like throwing salt when i drop it, walking around ladders, avoiding walking on cracks in the sidewalk..

But to be fair i just do it only if it isnt too much trouble, i also have a weird fondness for the number 21 and used to fall asleep with my covers over my head each night to protect myself from monsters :D

And how could i forget knocking on wood, probably the superstition i do the most often

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
By design humans use logic to reach a logical end of their nonlogical desires. Of course, one may attempt to make these nonlogical inputs consistent with each other, but in that task one also runs the risk of falling into a circular train of rationalization.

Personally, I prefer to eat foods in servings of prime numbers. (IE: Eat 17 crackers at a time)

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
I make a wish for every fallen eyelash. Ive spent more pennies than i can account for in lost fountains. Sometimes i see a person and if i get the wrong vibe off them i will never trust them. When i enter a tunnel i hold my breath, close my eyes and make a wish (its convenient that i dont drive).

I am certain there is a ghost that lives in my bookshelf, thats why i moved to my sisters bedroom. I read signs into certain things like the morning i woke up next to a dead lizard and decided for good on moving to Argentina.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Speaking of wishes:

All hail 11:11

I do this one. Only when I look at the clock and it happens to be 11:11 will I make a wish. No waiting for it to roll around.

I knock on wood as to not jinx myself, stuff, people, situations.

Picking up pennies has been a habit since I was a little girl. Only if it's heads up tho.

"Find a penny pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck."