• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Superstitious behaviours?

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do this one. Only when I look at the clock and it happens to be 11:11 will I make a wish. No waiting for it to roll around.

I knock on wood as to not jinx myself, stuff, people, situations.

Picking up pennies has been a habit since I was a little girl. Only if it's heads up tho.

"Find a penny pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck."

is it weird that I squee with delight at 04:11 and 11:04?

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Is it weird that I squeed with delight when I read that? :thinking::laugh:

Well, if I'm not the only one squeeing then it must be normal.

So, We'll just squee together from now on.

oh I've found that four divided by eleven is in fact less than three

4/11<3

and so is
11/4<3

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, if I'm not the only one squeeing then it must be normal.

So, We'll just squee together from now on.

*Squees*

I'm really liking the word "squee" right now. Thanks! :D

oh I've found that four divided by eleven is in fact less than three

4/11<3

and so is
11/4<3

I will never think of 411 as just the number to dial Information again. Nor will I think of April 11th as just 4/11.

The limit of my seemingly useless knowledge bank knows no bounds. None.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I was growing up, I used to have a routine that I'd follow every single night immediately before plopping into bed: Check under the bed, check in the closet, check behind the shower curtain, pat all of my dolls on the head to say good night, and then tell Jesus to protect the house (I'm not religious anymore though). I had to do the routine twice every night. If I didn't do it twice, then a monster would appear somewhere in my room and attack me in my sleep. Silly, huh? Good thing I don't still do this...

wow.. that sounds SO OCD... LOL

I use to not stand on lines... or only do things on eaven days... :p

Favorite cloths to do stuff in

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
For some reason,I have developed a liking for certain numbers,examples:

1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11,13,16,17,19,20...etc...

I don´t know why,but,i like doing things in the sequence of those numbers.Like,if i were to eat a bag of cookies,i would eat the number of the examples shown.I would also make sure that a certain number was left in the bag...

it also have to do with the fact that i prefer even numbers than odd numbers.The number 5 used in the example may not be an even number,but if you do 3+2,it equals 5 and includes an even number,and if you also multiply it by even numbers,the result is more even numbers :)...

thats so INTP.. are you sure you are not a closeted T type ;)... the sequence looks 6 derivative with exception of 14

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
By design humans use logic to reach a logical end of their nonlogical desires. Of course, one may attempt to make these nonlogical inputs consistent with each other, but in that task one also runs the risk of falling into a circular train of rationalization.

Personally, I prefer to eat foods in servings of prime numbers. (IE: Eat 17 crackers at a time)

very well put... post rationalisation, alwasy lovely..

Loved the prime numbers...

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I get a wee bit superstitious about fortune cookies. When you believe that God puts an infinite amount of thought into every moment of your life, fortune cookies can become a big deal.

I've three in my wallet right now: Good news will come to you by mail & You will take a pleasant journey to a faraway place, (I'm applying to a slew of graduate programs), and You discover treasures where others see nothing unusual, (this one's personal).

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get a wee bit superstitious about fortune cookies. When you believe that God puts an infinite amount of thought into every moment of your life, fortune cookies can become a big deal.

I've three in my wallet right now: Good news will come to you by mail & You will take a pleasant journey to a faraway place, (I'm applying to a slew of graduate programs), and You discover treasures where others see nothing unusual, (this one's personal).

my favorite is, "you will find love on flag day." :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Not superstitious at all, but I had lots of OCD-related "superstitions" growing up, like always having to do things in threes, or if I turned around twice one way, I'd have to turn around twice in the other direction.

I did a lot of theatre growing up, and there were TONS of theatre related superstitions that I always thought were silly. Had to continually fight the urge to do this:

YouTube - Don't mention Macbeth - Blackadder - BBC

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't like to talk about negative things or actually joke about people dying. It's a weird balance, because I do joke about dying or killing people.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

On September 18 this year I got this fortune cookie:

"Remember three months from this date! Your lucky star is shining."

A couple of months later I found out there would be layoffs at my work which were effective as of December 18, but I was not among the people being laid off. Also one of the decision makers was a guy who has had it out for me all year.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
There is this one Japaneese thing I do for new years.

They say the first three days of the new year you shouldn't spend money because then you will spend money the rest of the year.

The first three days of the year are considered a national holiday.
No one wants to work(too much) for the rest of the year either.

So I'm studying these days because that's a productive activity I wouldn't mind being in the habit of for the rest of the year.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
As for superstitious behaviors? I pick which ones I follow... like picking money up off the ground.

Lol .. I do enjoy watching people pick up coins off the floor, especially when myself and a few colleagues are observing from afar .. Yeah, we super glued
them to the floor once .. Some people will just keep on persevering though .. We laughed so hard.

Used to be into superstition but no longer.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lol .. I do enjoy watching people pick up coins off the floor, especially when myself and a few colleagues are observing from afar .. Yeah, we super glued
them to the floor once .. Some people will just keep on persevering though .. We laughed so hard.

Used to be into superstition but no longer.

But it IS lucky to find money on the ground.
(unless its super glued, then it's just money super glued to the ground)

Just like its lucky to find a pencil on the floor when you lack one and have a test the next period.
:p