• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and Procrastination

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm wondering if it unusual, but I often have a terrible time with procrastination. I've always had it. Somehow, I pretty much always end up getting things done and have been pretty successful, but this problem has plagued me all my life.

One side of me says that everybody procrastinates, just on different things. Another side of me says that it may be an N or a P thing (but I'm a J). Do you think this is unusual for an INTJ?

S

Sniffles

It could be a Ni thing, since I often suffer from the same thing.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's not unusual. The thing is...you still get it done. If we didn't get it done while procrastinating, we wouldn't procrastinate. I think we're just too good at knowing our own capabilities so we let ourselves slide and scrape by.

Glass Forest

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a chronic procrastinator. I always end up rushing to do assignments at the last minute and studying the day before exams. I seem to do the opposite of the SJ "work then play".

When I do start I work quite intensely non-stop.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a chronic procrastinator. I always end up rushing to do assignments at the last minute and studying the day before exams. I seem to do the opposite of the SJ "work then play".

When I do start I work quite intensely non-stop.

Yes exactly. That's it.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Most people procrastinate, (except maybe not some SJs), it's not really a type thing. Like who WANTS to do work?

Although if you think about it, procrastinating is more efficient since the work would otherwise expand to fill the amount of time available to it.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Although if you think about it, procrastinating is more efficient since the work would otherwise expand to fill the amount of time available to it.

That's generally what happens with me. I also work well under pressure, so procrastination serves it's purpose.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most people procrastinate, (except maybe not some SJs), it's not really a type thing. Like who WANTS to do work?

Haha. I like that answer.

VagrantFarce

Idea:
  • Ps procrastinate because they're easily distracted, and don't want to "shut themselves off" from whatever might happen when they're working. "I'm too busy taking in information, I can't just concentrate on one thing! What about all of this other glorious stuff happening around me?!"
  • Js procrastinate because they don't see the significance or importance of what they're supposed to be doing, and don't want to ignore doing what HAS to be done. "I'm filled to the gills with all of these other responsibilities, I can't take on something so trivial! I can't do everything, you know!"

For Ps to concentrate, they have to convince themselves that whatever they're doing will be interesting to them. For Js to concentrate, they have to convince themselves that whatever they're doing is important or significant to the world.

??

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'm wondering if it unusual, but I often have a terrible time with procrastination. I've always had it. Somehow, I pretty much always end up getting things done and have been pretty successful, but this problem has plagued me all my life.

One side of me says that everybody procrastinates, just on different things. Another side of me says that it may be an N or a P thing (but I'm a J). Do you think this is unusual for an INTJ?

No. There have been threads (or at least one other thread) on this.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Man if INTJs procrastinate too... well then I have no hopes... in fact I don't think the world does... lets just daydream our way into the black hole!