• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Rewards

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Earlier in the month we had a thread sharing our closetted habits... things we did that NTs ought not to do.

What would you consider a worthy NT treat if you were giving yourself a treat? Rewards for getting grades, loosing weight, solvng a problem or what have you...

What do you consider a treat?

Could be anything from a bubble bath, to playing air gutar to heavy metal played full volume....

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Maybe having myself throw up, the feeling is refreshing and good. And the feeling can have me analyze the affect.

I don't think I would ever "reward" myself though. I also can't think of anything that would make me reward myself.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I was just thinking about this, because I find construction of games to be useful for getting things done. Checking things off of a to-do list isn't satisfying to me, but if it can be turned into some sort of system, it's more fun.

But I've been unable to come up with the right reward! :doh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
LOL - but I'd be giving it to myself.... unless you mean spend your savings?????

Well, whenever I receive money as a gift, I'm not usually very keen on spending it. So, when I spend it, it's like giving it to myself.

Or something. I don't know. I didn't break the last twenty I got for my birthday until last month.

Jaguar

My room looks like the Library of Congress as it is, but I love books.
I treat myself to them, often.

I just got an Amazon gift card from my brother.
Time to shop. :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, whenever I receive money as a gift, I'm not usually very keen on spending it. So, when I spend it, it's like giving it to myself.

Or something. I don't know. I didn't break the last twenty I got for my birthday until last month.

ah that makes sense... :)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
My room looks like the Library of Congress as it is, but I love books.
I treat myself to them, often.

I just got an Amazon gift card from my brother.
Time to shop. :D

Books - always good, have a look at the Art of Looking Sideways... mind blowing...
:D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Miserable, that doens't sound like a reward....
maybe you need to see what other people come up with....

IJ - you have expensive taste, can't be doign that often... not sure I'd want a new laptop - I kinda like mine.... although tinking of a blueray player... I'm so not tech

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
IJ - you have expensive taste, can't be doign that often... not sure I'd want a new laptop - I kinda like mine.... although tinking of a blueray player... I'm so not tech

I have horribly expensive tastes, you probably don't want to know the overpriced junk I will buy!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have horribly expensive tastes, you probably don't want to know the overpriced junk I will buy!

its a guy thing, my bro got married and teases his wife about her 15 pairs of identical black boots that constantly need heeled and repaired... then goes out and buys himself £300 camers and the likes...

Gender issues....

I'm looking for cheap motivators for myeslf.... that are non food related

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Miserable, that doens't sound like a reward....
maybe you need to see what other people come up with....

Something that shouldn't be done often, I think would be taken as a "reward".

I don't believe in/like rewards either. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I understood what you meant by a reward. I had another one, but I remembered that the agreement was different on this forum.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm looking for cheap motivators for myeslf.... that are non food related

When I finish my homework I let myself watch Anime, or read manga
(things that really don't contribute to self betterment)

Since I don't make much money I don't really buy myself much. But If I did some sort of regular income, I would buy cheap things that I know would make me significantly happier. Like a box of legos, Cloth, manuscript notebook, cheap CDs I've wanted for like forever, figurines, posters, pitch pipe.

small things that usually don't cost more than 10 bucks.

I'm often more happy with a 6 dollar toy than like... a new phone. or whatever things people like to have.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont reward myself or atleast i dont think enything i do or buy as rewards

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
books, music, electronic gear, movies, treat myself to a concert, good food, good stuff to drink (wine and beer) and other things I cant figure out right now.

lastrailway

A good meal has always been a treat to me, especially if I've cooked it.
A long walk, a trip, a good book, an interesting conversation.