• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Springer "The Frontiers" collection

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hi NT fellows :hi: I recently became acquainted with the book series "The Frontiers", edited by Springer-Verlag. It's a collection of books dealing with the latest developments of science, questions and issues that are still widely open-ended, often at the edge between different branches of science. I was wondering if any of you is familiar with any of the titles? I think the topics are extremely interesting, thus I felt like sharing :cheese:

The whole series can be found here:

The Frontiers Collection (Titles in this series)

I have some of them (backup copies, of course) in .pdf format, if anybody is interested.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Bump. It's really interesting stuff, not-too-technical, I think many of you could be interested. Take a look at the link if you've got some free time :)

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll put it on my radar. :D

I have a -stuff to do when I'm bored that don't bother other people- list going.
This may qualify as a -somthing that will go unnoticed by an instructor durring class- thing to do. I'm rather short on those.

Only problem is the school library now charges per print out.
Last year I totally printed fanfiction and stuck itin a binder.

BUT I ACTUALLY USED THE PAPER AND KEPT IT AND IT WAS USEFUL TO ME.

Unlike the people who printed out entire websites and took only like one page out of 12 and left the rest on the printed stuff bin.

end rant.

Last edited:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow, these titles seem really interesting, particularly:
*The Nonlinear Universe · Chaos, Emergence, Life
*The Emerging Physics of Consciousness
*Relativity and the Nature of Spacetime

I don't think I can spend so much money just to satisfy my curiosity right now, though. But I will keep them on my list.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Wow, these titles seem really interesting, particularly:
*The Nonlinear Universe · Chaos, Emergence, Life
*The Emerging Physics of Consciousness
*Relativity and the Nature of Spacetime

I don't think I can spend so much money just to satisfy my curiosity right now, though. But I will keep them on my list.

I've got the second one in .pdf format, if you wish