• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Perspective

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Not really sure how other ENTJ's interact with new acquiantances but I initially trust and respect people. I can usually tell whether people are biased or untrustworthy after a little while at which point I take everything they say and do with a grain of salt.

T

ThatGirl

Not really sure how other ENTJ's interact with new acquiantances but I initially trust and respect people. I can usually tell whether people are biased or untrustworthy after a little while at which point I take everything they say and do with a grain of salt.

Exactly. I would call this neutral. Since there is no integration on a fundamental level. Usually if you are taking people with a grain of salt it is because you do not have any idea or use for them. As far as trust it usually only exists at face value with the context. Respect, naturally. On the acquaintance level.

Bay

but why in the world would a self-repsecting entp want to be/think they're entj

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
but why in the world would a self-repsecting entp want to be/think they're entj

I bleieve JAg is just provoking TG, for some reason he beleive her own preferences are not what they should be... How J type is that.... :D YOU can't be an ENTJ! :D

To be honest it's good and old and has been for at least 2 weeks, he will eventually get borad I'm sure

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Exactly. I would call this neutral. Since there is no integration on a fundamental level. Usually if you are taking people with a grain of salt it is because you do not have any idea or use for them. As far as trust it usually only exists at face value with the context. Respect, naturally. On the acquaintance level.

I would definitely call it neutral in that sense but the term ''use for them'' seems a little off. That term almost makes it sound like an ENTJ catagorizes people by what they're good at i.e mary -good conversationalist, mark- good lab partner... etc. I usually just take notice of people who are great at keeping a conversation or seem very well balanced and then i'll become a little more cynical towards those who seem 'off'. I don't really change my attitude towards the ones who seem 'off', but there always seems to be a lack of good communication which is sort of a bummer because I like establishing deep relationships with people. Although my attitude doesn't change towards them, I will become a little more reluctant to believe they're always telling the truth. Again, i'm not too sure how well this might relate to all ENTJ's.

Jaguar

I bleieve JAg is just provoking TG, for some reason he beleive her own preferences are not what they should be... How J type is that.... :D YOU can't be an ENTJ! :D

To be honest it's good and old and has been for at least 2 weeks, he will eventually get borad I'm sure

Jag is telling TG exactly what he thinks. So did other ENTJs in this thread, Tink.

I would definitely call it neutral in that sense but the term ''use for them'' seems a little off. [...] I like establishing deep relationships with people.

"Use for them" is more than a little off for me. It's way off. I don't use people or treat them like objects, or slaves.
I also establish deep relationships with people.
Nothing of a superficial nature appeals to me. That means I don't put up with superficial people who merely use others for their own gain.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jag is telling TG exactly what he thinks. So did other ENTJs in this thread, Tink.

I know, but stop making out she isn't an ENTJ - its getting tiered and annoying... its her own preference after all.....

But if you have a different perspective rather than saying she is wrong, why not add what you think the right thing is??????

No?

Jaguar

But if you have a different perspective rather than saying she is wrong, why not add what you think the right thing is??????

You haven't even bothered to read this thread. I already did that.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I know, but stop making out she isn't an ENTJ - its getting tiered and annoying... its her own preference after all.....

No?

Tinkerbell, I would be curious to read what the perspective of an ENTJ should be according to the jungle kitty. ENTJs I know fit TG's description, right down to their incredible charisma and energy around people when they want to emit that.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I would definitely call it neutral in that sense but the term ''use for them'' seems a little off. That term almost makes it sound like an ENTJ catagorizes people by what they're good at i.e mary -good conversationalist, mark- good lab partner... etc. I usually just take notice of people who are great at keeping a conversation or seem very well balanced and then i'll become a little more cynical towards those who seem 'off'. I don't really change my attitude towards the ones who seem 'off', but there always seems to be a lack of good communication which is sort of a bummer because I like establishing deep relationships with people. Although my attitude doesn't change towards them, I will become a little more reluctant to believe they're always telling the truth. Again, i'm not too sure how well this might relate to all ENTJ's.

Yeah, I relate completely to this kind of attitude.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
People please...it's Christmas. Give the gift of RESPECT. Much like herpes it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes, I'm looking at you ThatGirl, Jaguar, et al.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
That is tough because I think of Halla when I think ESTP.
He's a great guy.

Halla's got his Fe down pat, and by that, I mean he genuinely gives a damn about other people. That's a recipe for success, no matter who you are.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't exactly agree with Thatgirl, but Jag - you're again trying to give as your "solution" that someone's not an ENTJ. Wonder why you're so stuck with that routine. You should know that MBTI types only give a good match to some people - a deficiency of the instrument. Yet, per theory, everyone supposedly has an MBTI type.

In response to Thatgirl: I'm usually relaxed and happy when meeting people for the first time in real life. I give them the benefit of doubt and expect they're ok. I usually enjoy my time, whether alone or with someone, so I'm enjoying my time with them, as well.

My moods carry on from situation to another, so I don't just think people on technical grounds, and not just by cost-benefit analysis or something like that. Of course, I'm interested of finding some common themes, something we both can benefit from.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Gamine, after dealing with your nonsense in the mensa thread you can go bait someone else.

Firstly, I'm genuinely interested in what ENTJ means to you. The OP is trying to give an impression of the type, if you disagree with it, why not add your own experiences (seeing as how you are an ENTJ)? It makes sense to me to ask for this, especially with your complete disagreement with her terms. If those are different for you, share them :)

Secondly, I'm not baiting you here, nor did in the other thread. I have a sense of humour, but I'm not malicious. That takes too much energy, and I'm way too lazy for that. Do I need to litter my responses to you with sunshine and hearts to get that across?

Lastly, you are the one who started posting pictures of the KKK in response to one of my posts there. You did it in humour, and I responded in kind. Don't treat others like that unless you can take as much as you dish out.

That said, I'm still curious. Are you willing to cooperate :) ? I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or was rude to you, not my intent.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
if you disagree with it, why not add your own experiences (seeing as how you are an ENTJ)? It makes sense to me to ask for this, especially with your complete disagreement with her terms. If those are different for you, share them :)
Didn't I say something similar to you on the other thread?
The difference between this thread and the other one is that you disagreed with the majority of people there without backing up your claims. Jaguar is part of the majority on this one so he does not need to backup his claims. TG herself should be the one backing up her claims on why she is an ENTJ.

T

ThatGirl

Jaguar is part of the majority on this one so he does not need to backup his claims. TG herself should be the one backing up her claims on why she is an ENTJ.

ESTP and ENTJ are sometimes confused due to their aggressive and domineering styles, but ENTJs are quite opposed to "looking like idiots." They'll usually have their shit researched and figured out before making a spectacle.

For the record, I have not now, nor ever, been controlled into responding to a situation in which I am baited by someone else's' desire. Everyone who is enjoying the witch hunt, go read up on WWII.

To respond to the "using people". Perhaps a bad choice of words, but as I stated before everyone sizes up people for utility. It is ridiculous to be open to associations that have nothing to offer, even if that is solely conversation. I personally do look at what people have to offer. Not saying that they have nothing if it doesn't pertain to me, only that if it doesn't I will see no need for us to get any closer. I think that is pretty standard for everyone.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Pick a type most likely to blackmail someone behind the scenes.
Give me the answer.

Certainly not an ENTJ. Too deceptive for your tastes.

ENTPs will do it out of expediency, and then possibly feel guilty. ENFPs will do it with a religious fervor, and feel justified until the day they die.

phinny5608

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok... does an INFP really have to bring us back to a more relevant and efficient conversation? Really? Has it come to that?
This topic has turned almost entirely to a discussion of ThatGirl personally, rather than the subject of ENTJ's. A more efficient criticism of ThatGirl within the context of the topic would be (as some did) disagreeing and putting forth what you believe ENTJs actually do instead. As an INFP who would love to know more about how ENTJs tick, I would appreciate if we got back on topic.

(And now I wait in ridiculous INFP-esque dread of someone getting pissy at me for stating the obvious. Oh the joys of being an overly emotional NF...)