• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] attention NT women especially INTPs

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't talk to my ex, she is a friend that I slept with and I have not contacted her due to my lover's request. Yet she still talks to a guy, the same guy that used to cause me jealousy( all the posts on this site helped me deal with it thank you all), and she fucked him. So I agree with the ISTP <3. Bullshit.

However fuzzcrossed now that I corrected you do you have anything else to say/modify except for the huge LEAVE HER? lol

Wow. She sounds like a big hypocrite. She asked you to not talk to your ex, and she has the nerve to talk to her's despite you requesting that she doesn't? To me it sounds like her rules apply only to you and not to herself. Maybe you should try to talk to her still. I don't know if you've expressed your distaste for this or not. But if she doesn't budge, you need to ask yourself if she's worth putting up with.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Whatever the reason for your jealousy, I'd say get out of the relationship now. Although I'm not an NT woman, I am an atheist married to a staunch catholic ENFJ. It just doesn't work well and we have many conflicts. Find someone like yourself and you will not be so insecure because it will be a relationship that has potential. INTPs aren't possessive or jealous. She will get tired and bored of your insecurities. Good luck.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Whatever the reason for your jealousy, I'd say get out of the relationship now. Although I'm not an NT woman, I am an atheist married to a staunch catholic ENFJ. It just doesn't work well and we have many conflicts. Find someone like yourself and you will not be so insecure because it will be a relationship that has potential. INTPs aren't possessive or jealous. She will get tired and bored of your insecurities. Good luck.

Yikes! Did you have these religious dispositions before you got married?

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Thank you everyone for your input. One thing that bothers me is that she told me I am NOT allowed to speak to this ENTP friend of mine whom I've slept with and yet SHE gets to talk to the male she used to sleep with?

I see that as hypocrisy and unfair, let me know what you think.

It's completely stupid. Your girlfriend is an idiot that's what I've came to the conclusion of. How old is she, 16? If she cared about you she wouldn't be talking to other guys you don't want her to be and she wouldn't stop you from talking to someone. That's not how relationships work. That's how they work when you are in high school and dumb. If she really wants to be with you she needs to put YOU first before any other dumb guy. Unless she doesn't view this relationship as seriously as you do. In that case you guys should have a serious talk.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
yea i'm starting to notice a bit of immaturity with her. I read somewhere that INTPs usually don't get married. anyone want to elaborate?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yea i'm starting to notice a bit of immaturity with her. I read somewhere that INTPs usually don't get married. anyone want to elaborate?

I've read when they do marry they make their partners miserable. It was something like, "INTPs are most likely to have unhappy marriage mates". I can't remember where the info came from though.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I've read when they do marry they make their partners miserable. It was something like, "INTPs are most likely to have unhappy marriage mates". I can't remember where the info came from though.

Yeah I remember that survey thing. It also talked about the added importance of INTPs finding a like-minded mate for marriage happiness. A lot of INTPs that have trouble approaching people probably end up with ESXXs who wrestled them into a relationship that's ultimately incompatible.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP

Thats only half a quote, it was about how its important for INTPs to be with someone similar, i think it said something like as much as 30% are in unhappy relationships.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thats only half a quote, it was about how its important for INTPs to be with someone similar, i think it said something like as much as 30% are in unhappy relationships.

I remember it being less about the marriage being unhappy (as in, both partners), but their marriage mate being unhappy with the INTP in the marriage (subtle, but important difference). Something about obliviousness of the INTP to their partner's needs. I might be remembering info from a different source, but admittedly it's fuzzy.

I've dated INTPs, very briefly, because their emotional obtuseness gets old fast. I know not all are that way, but they have that rep for a reason.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
and how many people people regardless of type are happy in their marriage, or all the divorce rates coming from people married to INTPs?
I love how this topic has turned into blame the INTP when it's pretty obvious that the OP was also acting like a jerk.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
and how many people people regardless of type are happy in their marriage, or all the divorce rates coming from people married to INTPs?
I love how this topic has turned into blame the INTP when it's pretty obvious that the OP was also acting like a jerk.

Right.

Maybe it's just you she wouldn't want to marry.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know, I guess the only thing here that is distilling into fact is that you two shouldn't be together. Sucks ass, but we were never given the promise that we'd all do great with everyone we try to date. Finding a girl from the correct sample group is tough shit and gets worse with the more things that need to be compatible - but somethings you need to learn to live with.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ

How was I acting like a jerk?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How was I acting like a jerk?

May I?

Recently I took her to the ballet and she said it was the number 1 date she's ever been on and I asked what number two was and it was a date this guy took her out on. Idk why but it drives me NUTS and I wanna smash this kids head with a brick.

Jerk Exhibit #1

Also they both supported obama together and both don't believe in God and she had sex with him on a rooftop (I'm a conservative republican christian, a religious enfj shocker i know). Idk this shit all makes me so FURIOUS.

Jerk Exhibit #2. You think she is a total idiot for having different political views than you and YOU'RE DATING HER!

I haven't spoke to her about it also he made fun of me recently via IM. I read it she asked him a question and he said "ask your bf he hears from God directly :p"

Reading other people's private IM conversation Jerk Exhibit #3. Didn't your mother teach you manners?

I am a psychology major so I am trying to have closure on this subject because it's literally eating me up inside. But yeah basically I want to smash this kid's head with a brick and I dont wanna feel like that. So someone help please? also please feel free to ask questions if you feel they would lead to answers

If you have paid any attention in your classes, you would already know why you feel this way.

overainbows

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I agree with ceecee.

Let's not blame the INTP only. It's not all her fault. The fact that she doesn't want him to talk to his EN friend doesn't change the fact that he is also being imature.

I wouldn't be ok with telling a bf to stop talking to someone else because I'm jealous, I'd rather sit and talk about how I dislike the person/ am uncomfortable with their friendship, and if I'm unable to talk about it (which is very likely) I would become distant and cold, which is very imature, I know. But asking to stop talking to a person... I really think it's very weird to come from an INTP.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I always have a miscomunication with F's when I tell them I'm uncomfortable with something and they take it as if I said they couldn't do that. But I would never prohibit them to do that. It sooo goes against everything I think a relationship should be and I think it'd be the same for most INTP's.

Both of you are being very imature. You should try to talk to each other.

Here is the survey some people mentioned:

* Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality; earning a lot of money.
* Males were highest on "obliviousness index" (relatively unaware of spouse's dissatisfaction with the relationship).
* Highly represented among college students taking foreign languages.
* In national sample, ranked 3rd highest in saying "No" and 2nd highest in "Not sure" to belief in a higher spiritual power.
* In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Appreciating art," "Writing," "Taking classes, going to school," and "Playing with computers or video games."
* Academic subjects preferred: art, science.
* Lowest of all types in liking work environments with "Clear structures & responsibilities," "Employee loyalty & job security," and "Working as part of a team"
* 1 of 3 highest types liking work environments with "International opportunities" and "Advancement/pay but not job security"
* Include in top 3 desirable work environment characteristics "Variety of tasks," "Independence & achievement," and "Clear structures."
* In national sample, dissatisfied with "Salary," "Promotions," and "Job security," "Predictability," and "Working conditions" in their jobs.
* With INFPs, most dissatisfied with the work they do, where they work, and future work opportunities, and likely to leave job.
* With ISTPs, had the lowest mean level of coping resources; ranked 16th out of 16 types on total resources.
* Most frequent among college students referred for drug and alcohol violations.

And INFJ's ranked highest in being dissatisfied with "Marriage/intimate relationship".

Unfortunally, the oficial page of the survey seems to be off, so I had to take it from another forum.

But what the OP is feeling and how the girl is acting doesn't seem to have much to do with her weak Fe.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
May I?

Jerk Exhibit #1

Jerk Exhibit #2. You think she is a total idiot for having different political views than you and YOU'RE DATING HER!

Reading other people's private IM conversation Jerk Exhibit #3. Didn't your mother teach you manners?

If you have paid any attention in your classes, you would already know why you feel this way.

Pretty abrasive and ignorant. exhibiting human emotions (anger/jealousy) doesn't make one a jerk. Thanks for your opinion though.

Didn't your mother teach you manners?:hug:

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Pretty abrasive and ignorant. exhibiting human emotions (anger/jealousy) doesn't make one a jerk. Thanks for your opinion though.

Didn't your mother teach you manners?:hug:
hey, i realize you were just telling your side of the story and being honest, but i got to tell you, and i'm a pretty non judgemental person, that i had all the same problems/reactions that other people had who have criticized you. so even if you don't like what people had to say, listen to what they have to say. i dont think you're a "bad" person, but reading all that is easy to give a person a bad reaction.........

so try calming down a bit and taking responsiblity for your intense feelings instead of feeling like a victim. thats my advice.

having said that, i really do hope that you work things out with this girl, or, with the next one, or whomever you settle down with. romance is hard and painful. so i'll say again i do not thnk you're a bad guy, but your intensity throws people off a bit.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Never expect an INTJ to be soft about anything.

None of us here are hoping you two fail, but in my honest opinion both of you are acting very immature. She seems like she's full of double-standards and doesn't really take your beliefs or feelings into consideration, and you're being controlling and getting unreasonably enraged at this guy whom she's not even cheating on you with. I can tell you right now that if you two don't communicate a little more, this relationship is going to go down in flames.

Also, I recommend taking a step back from the situation, if you can, and really ask yourself with a clear mind what's not worth getting worked up over and where the real problems are. Because if you approach her yelling and screaming (not saying you necessarily will), it will end badly. You might be the one that has to take the high road here.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Yikes! Did you have these religious dispositions before you got married?

I was catholic when we married but not a practising catholic. After 24 years together I developed my own world views and became an atheist which is hard for him to accept. Things happen during midlife; he become more religious and I became less.

Last edited:

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram

She may be immature but you want to smash this guys head in! What does that make you?

I wonder if INTPs don't marry because they are very logical, rational people in a world of irrational emotional people. After reading about your strong feelings and violent thoughts, I don't blame them one bit for staying single!

You need counseling for your anger and jealousy issues. The news is full of stories about crimes of passion. Would hate to see you in one of them!

Good luck!