• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ts: Why don't feelings matter?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Post a response or else I'll cry.

Jaguar

F's: Why doesn't thinking matter?
(If you are going to make a silly post, so will I.) :D

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Feelings matter, they matter a whole lot!

Psst! Hey, is he buying it? :D

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My feelings matter to me; I just don't expect them to lay claim to the rest of the world.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
because I'm a heartless bitch. :D
But yes, I agree with teslashock, you must earn them first.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
because I'm a heartless bitch. :D

Finally an honest T! ;)

But yes, I agree with teslashock, you must earn them first.

You mean there must be good reasoning behind the feelings before they're worthy of consideration?

I think my Dad is a T (ISTJ I think) he is inappropriate and offensive all the time but when he should be offensive (when being pestered by telemarketers etc.) all of a sudden he is Mr Politeness, what's the deal with that?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You mean there must be good reasoning behind the feelings before they're worthy of consideration?

Yes. Otherwise, they're probably trying to emotionally manipulate you. And we can't have that, can we?

Jaguar

I think my Dad is a T (ISTJ I think) he is inappropriate and offensive all the time but when he should be offensive (when being pestered by telemarketers etc.) all of a sudden he is Mr Politeness, what's the deal with that?

When telemarketers call for me, I say: "I'm sorry, but he died last week."
That fixes their ass, fast. :D

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Finally an honest T! ;)

No, not really, I just wrote what you wanted to see. :unsure:

Yes and a bit no, I mean that you must be an emotionally close person to me, to hear me talking about my deepest feelings and understanding of the world and people, but still they will be described in a logical and I would like to say also pretty objective way. But at the same time, if smth annoys me really badly I will show it. There's also no problem to see that I'm happy, because I talk and show how happy I am. BUT, I think we would never talk publicly about our deepest feelings and how we feel about other people, especially the ones we like or love.

And your father, he just tries to be objective.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmmm.... I'd rather eat a large live snake than talk about my feelings, really, but it doesn't mean that they aren't important in life

for instance, the feeling of excitement that you get when you're playing with a new idea

or feeling turned on :devil:

or feeling bored, which is bad :(

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
They do matter, feelings make people make bad desisions which in turn causes me to profit

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Slow it down some buddy, what are these 'feeling' you talk about? =|

wolfy

awsm

It just sounds like he is being soft. Hard when it's easy, easy when it's hard. Feelings matter but at the end of the day leverage matters more. That's just the way that is. Everybody has their thing...

You know? I am F but the world is T. For the most part anyway. I don't know, I'm kind of rambling but wanted to say something.