• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ts: Why don't feelings matter?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What more could you expect from a thread aimed at responses from Ts than for a bunch of Fs to come in and tell us we all need hugs? ;)

I posted in the NT forum because I wanted to get away from all the hugging ...
They'll get you, no matter where you are.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there there :hug:

... wait a second :dry:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I posted in the NT forum because I wanted to get away from all the hugging ...
They'll get you, no matter where you are.

They will. They also like the hug from behind/kiss on the back of the neck manuver. That seems like such sweetness but in reality, it's just a diversion to get their hand under your shirt.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
They will. They also like the hug from behind/kiss on the back of the neck manuver. That seems like such sweetness but in reality, it's just a diversion to get their hand under your shirt.

Yes the only time those Fs can manipulate us Ts is when there's sex involved. Feelings do indeed matter. :devil:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Feelings are irrational and can't be trusted to base any decision of importance on. :(

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Feelings are irrational and can't be trusted to base any decision of importance on. :(

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I think that it's important for everybody to do what makes them most happy in life, and happiness is after all, just a "feeling." I would make important decisions about my future based on which options are most likely to make me happiest. Again, I just don't expect others to make important decisions based on what makes me happiest.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Rationality in itself does not initiate.
We do what we do because we either want to do it or because we want to avoid the consequences of not doing it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yep distraction tactics are most effective :devil: and yes, we'll find you wherever you are!

Except in bed, apparently. I get the..you were way over on your side all night last night sort of pouty face. Dude! I'm sleeping! If you really feel you need to visit my side that's fine but don't wake me up unless you're planning to make it worth my while.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ The man knows his stuff!

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Haha, yeah, I was a little extreme in that statement, but that's essentially why feelings are disregarded... More power to those who know how to interpret and manage them!

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, yeah, I was a little extreme in that statement, but that's essentially why feelings are disregarded... More power to those who know how to interpret and manage them!

Nothing against a pointed statement - it's what makes people discuss :)

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Why does having a 'T' in a constructed four letter type code instigate that that means there is no value for feelings?

[To answer the original post as I would rather not wade through 8 pages of posts before hand]