• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ''only friends'' relationship between male and female

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
What is your opinion about male and female ''only friends'' kind of relationship and why and do you try to avoid that?

i can only do it if i'm not sexually attracted to the guy. i have several friends like this and it's been working just fine for several years. if i'm secretly thinking about getting in his pants then it's not an option mainly because i can't keep secrets :devil:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not quite the point I was going to make. I was more trying to hit at the point that sometimes setting strict boundaries can limit a relationship more than said boundaries were initially designed to.

The point I am making is some men have the inability to see women as anything but potential sexual/romantic partners. What makes a woman different from a man for platonic friendship if there is no physical attraction to get in the way?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The point I am making is some men have the inability to see women as anything but potential sexual/romantic partners. What makes a woman different from a man for platonic friendship if there is no physical attraction to get in the way?

As a man, I think like this, and I reckon most men (not all) think the same: How do you know you will never be physically attracted to someone?:shock: Only if you are either not interested in their geneder, or find them repulsive (which is pretty unlikely in the case of a friendship).

Fact is men don't bring in that strict divide of "friend" vs "potential partner".

Once I realized women work differently, I made an effort to avoid ever getting put in the "friend" category. Trouble is most men don't realize that women employ that divide.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It's possible, just sort of rare. Try finding someone you have activity relations with (I think that's an ESFJ for you). I have an ESFP buddy and it's actually entirely platonic yet really awesome :D