• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rationals over there, how do you behave when you fall in love?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's my sixth sense telling me. :) Shhhh, quiet there, Sixth Sense. You're bewildering the nice man... :D

Actually, your sixth sense is your sense of balance.

Sorry. I uncontrollably spoil things sometimes.:(

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
As I said in a previous topic, I don't possess a list of qualities that a girl has to match that makes me fall in love, nor I really choose to fall in love. I can actually choose to fall out of it if I see that there is no possibility for further development, though.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, your sixth sense is your sense of balance.

Sorry. I uncontrollably spoil things sometimes.:(

lol, oh no no, you haven't spoiled a thing. That's a fairly fit description of it, like my internal falling cat about to land on its feet. I was trying to put my finger on Substitute's luminousity and had to circle a minute to fully understand. :)

So you see, the physical sense of balance is connected to the one mysteriously in operation in my head at all times. People are so interesting. :hug:

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I don't fall in love easily and I don't fall out easily either.....

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I am skeptical of love. I do not want it clouding my judgement. When I am in love, I often react by intentionally creating distance between myself and the object of my fixation so as not to become irrational.

Rarely do I find someone I want to be in a relationship with. I'm easily suffocated and require an emotionally hands-off partner. I dislike those who wish to control me as well as those who depend on me.

I also habitually quash my desires of every sort. I reason with them until they diminish, for I am afraid of disappointment. This makes me an easy-going person, but I'm sometimes mistakenly pegged as apathetic. I do enjoy things, I just don't expect them or mourn them. I do not want what I do not have.

I'm also a fan of the stoics. Anyone else love the stoics?

Alfa Prime

I can choose not to fall in love quickly, but get out of it easily. It is a skill I have developed.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've only recently learned to keep even a bit of my coolness when falling in love. Someone falling in love too fast, being too excited about the other, etc.. makes a bad and a good impression at the same time. I think I've done it. It's nice for a person to feel instantly loved, but it raises some questions.

Well, I'm excited to have the company of the one I'm attracted to, and it shows. If I'm most comfortable with myself and with her, I don't hold anything out. I won't probably act very silly, but I just behave like all the time with her were a celebration. Mm, actually that is silly :D But there's place for it.

If I do hold out something, I tease her a bit, won't directly appear so attracted to her, but it will still be evident that I'm attracted.

If I'm totally in love with someone, I want to share and experience everything she likes and everything she thinks. It's like having an apetite for the person's world. It's like uniting the minds. Two individuals, a feeling of unison.

Perhaps more than many others, I want to have long, delightful and meaningful conversations. Experiencing and doing everything together can even take a secondary role every now and then, if she is a strong N as well. I love it when there's a chance to make some dinner, enjoy some wine and talk. If we've planned for, say, a movie, I'd love to find conversation more interesting and go with that instead. Or visit to a dance club, a pub, or anything..

I have a painfully embarassing memory of a girl I fell in love with, who didn't return my love. Remembering that even now makes me want to hate myself. The memory and the incident is so simple - I smiled to her, and I remember her turning away in quiet laughter, communicating one thing to me - that it was laughably ridiculous for me to approach her with so obviously in love with her, when she couldn't care about it any less. I was young, but remembering this still hurts me for understanding how naive I were. Such a simple thing, so painfully in my memories. I don't hate any other memory of mine so much.

I think I've grown to avoid such situations a bit. I've noticed that altho my keen interest in my loved one is consuming at first, they would have expected direct expressions of love much earlier.. and more intimacy early on, both in words and in practice. I'm somewhat hesitant to cross the border between a casual girlfriend/boyfriend relationship and one with a more determined relationship. I still love my independence, and I find it hard to give it away, and start appearing in social functions as a couple. I've usually found it hard to discuss my and her feelings too, and to decide where to go with the relationship. Somehow that has felt akward, tho I believe that I'm up to the challenge now.

So after everything, I'd think to be somewhat avoidant, independent, playful before falling in love, and very excited, upbeat and wanting to share most of everything, when falling in love.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I've only recently learned to keep even a bit of my coolness when falling in love. Someone falling in love too fast, being too excited about the other, etc.. makes a bad and a good impression at the same time. I think I've done it.

So after everything, I'd think to be somewhat avoidant, independent, playful before falling in love, and very excited, upbeat and wanting to share most of everything, when falling in love.

I tend to be highly skeptical when someone falls in love very quickly- and sort of relate it to infatuation or lust. I think for women particularly- because we men are used to declaring our love all the time to random people without discernment- women develop a sense that we need to prove that we love them and not in words only.

I think for myself- I tend to fall in love very slowly, developing mutual interests and sharing ideas over a period of time, tends to be more stable than instantly becoming infatuated with someone which I tend to find highly suspicious.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to be highly skeptical when someone falls in love very quickly- and sort of relate it to infatuation or lust. I think for women particularly- because we men are used to declaring our love all the time to random people without discernment- women develop a sense that we need to prove that we love them and not in words only.

I think for myself- I tend to fall in love very slowly, developing mutual interests and sharing ideas over a period of time, tends to be more stable than instantly becoming infatuated with someone which I tend to find highly suspicious.

Well said. :yes:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
... I do enjoy things, I just don't expect them or mourn them. I do not want what I do not have.

Bingo, dude.

I find that if I feel as though someone is expecting or sorta demanding, in a way, that I feel a certain emotion towards them, it seems to cause me to shut down any emotions at all towards them, and to simply detach. Paradoxically, the less someone appears to value/need me to attach or warm towards them, the quicker and easier I do so.

Invariably, the people I've been attracted to have all shared that common feature: that they accepted me exactly as i am, with no need, desire or expectation for me to 'get warmer' or to 'overcome' my aversion to touchy-feeliness. But when this has caused me to melt and spontaneously desire to touch/hug them (now feeling it's 'safe' to, which I don't feel with the touchy-feely types... oddly...), they just enjoy it, but don't then change to start expecting it, or mourning it if it stops for a while.

Marcus Aurelius is in my pocket at all times, though he's a late comer as it were and not particularly radical or anything, he has a way of putting things that I just find chimes with me very much.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
Fell in love once when I was 16, relationship lasted 4 years. Had multiple girlfriends between then and now. Fell in love once again more recently with someone I've known for 6 years.

I wasn't intelligent enough to decipher the feelings for love before, but I am now. It's an overwhelming sensation from Fe (I wasn't even aware I could feel this way about someone), which as you can see, I've only experiences 2'ce in my life. It's quite an amazing feeling.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Not easily at all. I behave like an irrational being trying to push this other person out of my head space where it's safe. Though, I've only fallen in love once. As for my average relationships, they sort of coast along until I end them.

freebird

MBTI Type
INTP
I've never fallen in love. I hope to, but I don't know if I'd ever let myself. I kinda panic if it becomes a possibility, and I tend to conveniently fall for unavailable guys. But to fall in love and actually have it returned... that'd be pretty amazing.

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am skeptical of love. I do not want it clouding my judgement. When I am in love, I often react by intentionally creating distance between myself and the object of my fixation so as not to become irrational.

Rarely do I find someone I want to be in a relationship with. I'm easily suffocated and require an emotionally hands-off partner. I dislike those who wish to control me as well as those who depend on me.

I also habitually quash my desires of every sort. I reason with them until they diminish, for I am afraid of disappointment. This makes me an easy-going person, but I'm sometimes mistakenly pegged as apathetic. I do enjoy things, I just don't expect them or mourn them. I do not want what I do not have.

I could have written this myself...:BangHead:

I haven't fallen in love yet, but I am (probably) starting my first relationship, and I never realized how much of a nut I really am until this all happened.

I am terrified of really liking someone because that would make me vulnerable, and that's bad. So, I suppress my feelings. Then it becomes all too obvious that we just logically work so well together...but I flip out because I don't know where the "spark" is...you know, the one I killed so as not to feel vulnerable? Then I start analyzing from every angle, debating whether or not this is really "it." I'll proceed to go through cycles....one minute I'll be wishing I were hugging him, the next hour I'll be convinced that there's just no spark and we should just be friends.

All throughout this, I've continued to keep him at arm's length by sticking to email and AIM conversations...no phone. I feel guilty because I know he wants to talk to me more...but this makes me feel smothered because it makes me realize that he likes me more than I (am letting myself) like him, and I don't want to lead him on or hurt him, so then that's just something else to worry about.

I am SUCH a basket case!!! :doh:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I mourn a little then find myself a cure.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I fall in and out easily. Idealize then rationalize. Both love and infatuation.