• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT and theory's being grounded in practicality

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I get bored easily of a theory if it has no practical application, can I still be an ENTJ?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Yes. Primary Te is results orientated.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
sounds like an ENTJ to me.

and... *sends for a few pandas to eat that apostraphe*

Jaguar

Son, you have a major conflict between your alleged MBTI type and your Socionics type. (SLE)

I know what I think is true.
I prefer you figure it out on your own.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
If I get bored easily of a theory if it has no practical application, can I still be an ENTJ?

I don't see why not, I don't think that ENTJ's are purly theoretical - they are co-ordinators... therefore would be very good in Ops management roles, which don't get more practical

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely ENTJ
I think the Te plus tertiary Se makes entj's very grounded in reality compared to other nt's. They apply theories to real life problems and results.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
my ENTJ mates have always been the least idealistic/fancy theorists amongst my NT posse

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Son, you have a major conflict between your alleged MBTI type and your Socionics type. (SLE)

I know what I think is true.
I prefer you figure it out on your own.

LOL what the hell isn't that estp?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Have you considered that you might be an ENTJ in denial?

I considered it once, but then I turned around and saw that there wasn't a stick shoved up my ass, so I knew I must be wrong.

If this is a serious claim, though, do elaborate. I'm curious...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I considered it once, but then I turned around and saw that there wasn't a stick shoved up my ass, so I knew I must be wrong.

If this is a serious claim, though, do elaborate. I'm curious...

I think you have a bigger stick shoved up your ass than most ENTJs.

And that IS serious.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think you have a bigger stick shoved up your ass than most ENTJs.

And that IS serious.

Fine, just launch unoriginal insults at me and don't be practical about this issue. You sure you're not an ESTP or something?

I really am curious to see why you think I'm an ENTJ. Can't you at least humor me a little?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Fine, just launch unoriginal insults at me and don't be practical about this issue. You sure you're not an ESTP or something?

I really am curious to see why you think I'm an ENTJ. Can't you at least humor me a little?

Actually come to think of it, there's really no doubt in my mind that you're an ENTJ, based on what I've seen. One in denial especially, like ThatGirl was.

Let's see, your posts are all very carefully constructed and follow a very linear train of thought. You have not demonstrated Ne at all in anything that you've posted, or Fe for that matter. You're very direct, you're argumentative, judgmental, and you don't seem to care about these things.

You also have a very clear bias against ENTJs, that really makes it look like you picked ENTP because it's "nicer" and "more creative".

Also, how exactly are ESTPs not practical?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
ENTPs are practical as well... i guess, as far as actually wanting to see our insanity come to reality.