• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] A video about ENTPs told by an ENTP.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Ahh cool, I thought so. It was a little unfair. I'm not great with accents but he is from my city so was hard to miss. We don't quite do the Hugh Jackman or Steve Irwin accent. People thought I was British a few times when I was travelling. Kath and Kim are from a different part of Melbourne :).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
no but just think that's pulling women on a grand scale... I emailed him and sent him a link to here....

He is in Melbourne

Lis

A hunch tells me that this was born out of some deep craving that may be labeled as "I want to meet a real entp not all those posers, so I can understand myself better".

Do you think that's how it works ?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
i still think he has a british accent. may be he is posh....

entpie..... i'd have thought bordom caused the first one or two but the attention seeking caused the rest... really good way too get women interested.

u have to admit its a great way to pull an auience

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
you could send him a message, from one ENTP to another etc. ...

I admit he has a very civili...I mean anglicised Aussie accent...:p.

I mean put it like this, it could well be that in Australia, they think he has a British accent, I wouldn't know. But in Britain, he'd be considered to have an Oz accent, I'm 100% sure of that.

he sounds perfectly normal to me. that's how most of us talk/sound in australia. don't believe the stereotypes we use to lure tourists. if someone naturally speaks that way, they're probably poorly educated or play a sport that induces a lot of brain damage (our football players look and talk like trolls).

note: there are slight regional differences in accent. also, words like "mate" and "tucca" and those other disgusting words we apparently use all the time are exclusively found in the lower/blue collar classes, if at all. it's common in certain circles just not most.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Ahh cool, I thought so. It was a little unfair. I'm not great with accents but he is from my city so was hard to miss. We don't quite do the Hugh Jackman or Steve Irwin accent. People thought I was British a few times when I was travelling

i do believe those two were probably told to learn these "accents" of theirs, by their managers, you know, to sell more tickets in foreign countries.

Kath and Kim are from a different part of Melbourne :).

the gutter?

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Yeh, it is just a clean Melbourne or maybe Sydney accent, and he is putting on a bit of exaggeration for the video. My first thought when I saw it was "which private school in Melbourne is he from?"

yeah, he's totally a private school kid.

i still think he has a british accent. may be he is posh....
my own unconscious performing voice (a.k.a nervous/tense voice) makes me sound somewhat british/posh... moreso than ususal o_O
maybe the australian aural "language" ingrains this because our british heritedge has yet to be sufficiently diluted to remove this likeness?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
note: there are slight regional differences in accent. also, words like "mate" and "tucca" and those other disgusting words we apparently use all the time are exclusively found in the lower/blue collar classes, if at all. it's common in certain circles just not most.

1249451458673.jpg

Elitism FTW

P

Phantonym

:rofl1: I love this guy! I watched all of his videos in one sitting and couldn't stop laughing. :thinking: He'd make an excellent dancing monkey to keep me entertained.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
he sounds perfectly normal to me. that's how most of us talk/sound in australia. don't believe the stereotypes we use to lure tourists. if someone naturally speaks that way, they're probably poorly educated or play a sport that induces a lot of brain damage (our football players look and talk like trolls).

yeh, I wouldn't know, I've never even been to Oz (though one of my best mates is Australian and it sounds better than Britain in most of the ways that interest me, which isn't saying much).

I was only putting that bit bit in as a disclaimer because of Tinkerbell cliamignt hat he sounded British. I could have jsut said "obvious Australian is Australian" but I didn't feel I'd been around the foum long enough to be so frightfully rude.

note: there are slight regional differences in accent. also, words like "mate" and "tucca" and those other disgusting words we apparently use all the time are exclusively found in the lower/blue collar classes, if at all. it's common in certain circles just not most

But I'm from London and I say mate all the time. I didn't realize I disgusting to Aussies.:cry:Now I'll be self-conscious if ever I go there.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
A hunch tells me that this was born out of some deep craving that may be labeled as "I want to meet a real entp not all those posers, so I can understand myself better".
Do you think that's how it works ?

Maybe, I'm not 100% sure I get what you are driving at, if you mean he is in search of real live ENTP company as opposed to other types then maybe...

I emailed him a link to the thread, he may show up, he may bring chocloate biscuts.. and coffee - can we handle that....?

Although that would may be too much to hope for, given I didn't actually mention either the coffee or the biccies in my email. ;)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
yeh, I wouldn't know, I've never even been to Oz (though one of my best mates is Australian and it sounds better than Britain in most of the ways that interest me, which isn't saying much).

I was only putting that bit bit in as a disclaimer because of Tinkerbell cliamignt hat he sounded British. I could have jsut said "obvious Australian is Australian" but I didn't feel I'd been around the foum long enough to be so frightfully rude.

But I'm from London and I say mate all the time. I didn't realize I disgusting to Aussies.:cry:Now I'll be self-conscious if ever I go there.

hey, look at the positive side, if someone slaps you * for calling them mate, it might be me :holy:

1249451458673.jpg

Elitism FTW

*with a little white glove

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
see I'm for the dictatorship fo the proletariat, we oculd never be friends. In fact I'd probably send you to a forced labour camp in Tasmania for your comments here (which is pretty moderate, it could have been Townsville).