• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs - what do you do to relax?

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Kambo - Scuba diving would be great! Snorkellings as close as I've gotten and always had something soothing about it. It's a different world down there. Everything floats and sways sooooooooooo slowly. Watching the fish at the aquarium is relaxing too.

Cool, have an aquarium although only one fish left as small kids keep killing fish by overfeeding or throwing in their porridge :)

So now playing FB Fish World.

As for Scuba - yes I want to be underwater like Jacques Cousteau. Am sure its as nice you describe it :)

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
the INTJs I am personally familiar with seem to de-stress by settling into an established routine that they're familiar with- for one it's going to the library, choosing a book, having a smoke, sitting in his "spot" with everything in it's right place. For the other, it's a lot about keeping physically fit, going for his usual run. In both cases, de-stressing tends to be a very solitary, comforting process of self-assurance- reminding themselves what they're good at and comfortable with. Both of them have a very clinical, thorough and ordered approach to self-reflection, and I imagine it helps with the de-stressing process.

INTJs, does this resonate with you?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Thinking about giving building a model boat a go...
Model building is great for zoning out...I used to spend hours making buildings out of toothpicks. If I had a space to do that now, I am sure that I'd be hitting the toothpicks and wood glue pretty regularly.

the INTJs I am personally familiar with seem to de-stress by settling into an established routine that they're familiar with- for one it's going to the library, choosing a book, having a smoke, sitting in his "spot" with everything in it's right place. For the other, it's a lot about keeping physically fit, going for his usual run. In both cases, de-stressing tends to be a very solitary, comforting process of self-assurance- reminding themselves what they're good at and comfortable with. Both of them have a very clinical, thorough and ordered approach to self-reflection, and I imagine it helps with the de-stressing process.

Yes, if I'm really stressed out I always grab a coffee and go for a walk. Puts me at ease usually. I wish I had a more structured regimen for relaxing, at the moment I haven't really got my own space and my schedule is a little too hectic for that (probably a stress factor in itself!).

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Drink and become an ESFP.

Hey, I never said I was a good role-model :D

In all seriousness though literature, meditation, music, exercise (relaxes my mind oddly enough), and hikes (should the weather permit).

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I lay in bed and try to clear my head. (this rarely works, but sometimes I fall asleep)
I also watch out my window or listen to some quiet music.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
We snuggle animals. We crush people.

:happy:

Yes, this sounds familiar. :yes:

Almost all of the things I do to de-stress are sensory related. Whatever can pull me out of my head for any length of time is a welcome adventure at moments when I feel like I'm going to crack. I've been known to do any of the following:

1. Kung Fu
2. Play Guitar
3. Dance
4. Drink
5. Have sex
6. Sing
7. Play with my dog

Often I do these in combinations. For instance, my birthday was last week and it was also a reminder of a death in our family the year before. I was stressed all week, didn't want to go out with friends or even be reminded that it was my birthday. However... when I got home, my daughter and I ended up putting on music, dancing, singing and playing with the dog.

Times when I am alone, I've been known to drink and play my guitar or have sex while doing kung fu. (Ok the very last one is a lie, just seeing if anyone is paying attention) :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think I spend enough time just chilling so I'm looking for some good ways to recharge.
Go someplace beautiful and sit...
think, write, read, draw, watch.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Times when I am alone, I've been known to drink and play my guitar or have sex while doing kung fu. (Ok the very last one is a lie, just seeing if anyone is paying attention) :D

Right, I'm sure you'd be all for it if you had someone willing to mix them with you the right way.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Yes, very much so.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I listen to audio biagraphies of Immanuel Kant and some of the other Giants of Philosophy.