• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Men

Erica

MBTI Type
Entj
Would you freak if a woman told you she loved you? How would you respond based on how you felt about her or what you were ready for?

I told a long distance entp that used to be around and seemed to pursue me for 7 months that I used to love him and gave him a list of whys. I don't know why I told him what was in the past but he didn't respond at all to it. It was done through email.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Depends how long I knew her...

And it depends how she said it, did she mean it unconditionally without any regard for any outcome or did she expect something in return; was she putting forth an obligation and trade off?

I'm keen to that stuff.

If I knew her a while, and liked her too, I'd be happy though. Why be freaked out over liking someone who loves you back? The only reason I can think of is because one partner does not feel the same way.

Erica

MBTI Type
Entj
Depends how long I knew her...

And it depends how she said it, did she mean it unconditionally without any regard for any outcome or did she expect something in return; was she putting forth an obligation and trade off?

I'm keen to that stuff.

If I knew her a while, and liked her too, I'd be happy though. Why be freaked out over liking someone who loves you back? The only reason I can think of is because one partner does not feel the same way.

I told him I didn't want a response to it, and he hasn't. I guess I got what I asked for and I told him when my boyfriend and I were having problems. I told him all that with the fact that we had gotten back together. I guess I just thought he would say some kind of acknowledgement.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I usually don't believe it when someone tells me they love me (romantically*), I figure they love an impression or projection of me.

It's usually infatuation.

If a girl said she loved me and believed it (again, romantically*), I wouldn't be freaked out if I a) felt the same way b) see the potential to feel that way. Otherwise, I'd either be disappointed or annoyed.

* When I say "romantic love" I mean it in a multi-layered and multi-faceted way that includes the eros, philia, agape, etc...
I have have to experience that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Girls only tell me that they hate me and want to kill me with a shovel

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I hate you and want to kill you with a rake.

Just thought I'd change it up.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
rly? i love you, but for the sake of the rest of us, you need to run into traffic

It really depends what situation i'm being told I'm loved. also, through e-mail is... not a good way to say that, really- not to me at least. I would at least call if you couldn't see each other face to face.

YouTube - Daft Punk - Face To Face

(takes the place of entropie for a split second)

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Woman: "I love you."
Me: "I know right? How can you not? I love me too!"

I'm going to answer this assuming that I don't care for you romantically, because if I did then you wouldn't have had to post this thread to begin with. Now- If you told me that you loved me, I would tell you that I'm flattered, thank you very much. I'd leave it to you to figure out that the affection is not reciprocated, so that it isn't awkward for you. If you push for a response, I would be civil about it and perhaps respect your courage, but (I don't know how to put this nicely) my appraisal of your value as a person would drop- because you don't "get" it, and I don't enjoy being "tied down" by people like that.

If you were stunningly attractive, I would enjoy the attention and play along. But (and there's an important lesson to be learnt here!) the attractive women (and this applies even to those who are not physically attractive) have always found more effective ways to wrap men around their fingers. That IS what you want, isn't it? Remember, attraction is not a choice.

Declarations of love are romantic in principle, but have a ridiculously high failure rate. It almost always makes people uncomfortable because they seldom see it coming. Sometimes, even if the other party might be interested, the awkwardness of the scenario compels them to become impervious to your advances as a safety mechanism. That's because anybody who declares love in reality comes across as a potentially clingy, creepy, stalker sort of person who should be avoided. (The only time this does not apply is when the couple has already been courting for some time.) How can you expect someone to reciprocate your love when you just made them really uncomfortable?

It's much better to use progressive signals (it's called flirting!), because you can sense when you're not getting anywhere and then either alter your strategy or move along unscathed.

Qre:us

Would you freak if a woman told you she loved you? How would you respond based on how you felt about her or what you were ready for?

I told a long distance entp that used to be around and seemed to pursue me for 7 months that I used to love him and gave him a list of whys. I don't know why I told him what was in the past but he didn't respond at all to it. It was done through email.

I told him I didn't want a response to it, and he hasn't. I guess I got what I asked for and I told him when my boyfriend and I were having problems. I told him all that with the fact that we had gotten back together. I guess I just thought he would say some kind of acknowledgement.

One question: why? Why did you email him about loving him in the past? Why now? What was your motive?

Point blank, he saw no function to your declaration and if there was a function, he was probably a bit skeptic of it. I.e., she's doing this when her and her bf, are rocky....nice. The implied "insincerity". :doh:

He might have sensed that you were trying to keep him on your rolodex for the 'just in case' future. You were needing that affirmation...and he's not gonna provide that.

Any inkling of getting played, especially with feelings, and you'd meet with a wall with regards to the ENTP, if they're acting at their best. If they were at their worst, they'd wring you for your worth. You got off lucky.

The0blivious

MBTI Type
XNTP
Woman: "I love you."
Me: "I know right? How can you not? I love me too!"

Wow, I'd respond in almost the complete opposite manner. I dislike ambiguity in almost all circumstances, and if a person has put themselves out on the line like that, and I felt something for them, I feel like I owe them my honest appraisal.

That being said if I didn't really feel that way about them, I may begin to avoid them at all costs after I told them how I felt. I'm just weird...

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow, I'd respond in almost the complete opposite manner. I dislike ambiguity in almost all circumstances, and if a person has put themselves out on the line like that, and I felt something for them, I feel like I owe them my honest appraisal.

That being said if I didn't really feel that way about them, I may begin to avoid them at all costs after I told them how I felt. I'm just weird...

If you're being serious and I'm making fun of you in response, I believe I'm making it pretty clear that I'm choosing not to take you seriously- and for a reason. I'm sending a very clear signal, and most women are especially good at reading this sort of signals. In being 'ambiguous', I'm choosing to tactfully avoid the worst-case scenario, which is when neither party is comfortable talking to each other anymore.

I reiterate that if I were attracted to the woman, I wouldn't give her an ambiguous response- but more importantly, a woman I find attractive would never declare her love to me until she was first certain that I'm smitten. That's hot.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Depends if he finds you attractive.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's much better to use progressive signals (it's called flirting!), because you can sense when you're not getting anywhere and then either alter your strategy or move along unscathed.

:rolli:

Are you kidding me?

You ENTPs flirt with anything moving. I'd even gander to say that you guys'd flirt with inanimate objects if they had eyelashes to bat and, well, vaginas.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP

Are you kidding me?

You ENTPs flirt with anything moving. I'd even gander to say that you guys'd flirt with inanimate objects if they had eyelashes to bat and, well, vaginas.

Lucky for them, most inanimate objects don't have eyelashes vaginas.

Otherwise, people would think a lot less of they were total nutcases. Which I'm pretty sure wouldn't exactly be inacurate. :laugh:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ

Are you kidding me?

lol...well, I only know one ENTP man well, but he was the most successful male flirt I've ever seen in action. Actually, he was more into seduction than flirtation, but nonetheless.