• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What don't you like about me

Jaguar

^ ENTP for certain. justxher manipulates other people's quotes, and doesn't even realize I was talking about her. Lol.

B

brainheart

Sorry, I guess I don't know much about you, because we had some witty repartee going in a thread once and you made me laugh so I think you're cool.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Withdrawing from conversation.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Ye jump into topics related to gender, make points in such a way that it's almost guaranteed to be taken badly (which automatically makes it less likely that ye'll be listened to), and then speak on how others have something wrong with them because they are then confrontational.

It seems like ye push for the extreme version of an argument to make your point sometimes, but it really isn't apparent to others. Such as when you mentioned that you excessively portray an ENTJ to make some kind of point - most people don't pay enough attention to remotely realise that.

The truth is the truth even if no one believes it.

EDTI: I was just trying to help people see how useless it is to make assumptions about other people based on type.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8

That would make a good quote for a sigline.

Jaguar, that is someone's signature, actually. I believe it is SillySapienne.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I did edit my post, just so ye know.

Also, it is a shoddy action to express your truth in such a way that your personal bias is more apparent than anything else. Even if it is true to you, how can another normal person take that in if it seems like ye're insulting them in the process? Completely disregarding emotional reactions in others when discussing anything is ridiculous if your statements are emotionally charged in a negative manner to begin with.

The paragraph above relates to points ye make, not the attempt to help people stop making assumptions based on type.

Jaguar, that is someone's signature, actually. I believe it is SillySapienne.

Well then at least on this point, we have reached an impasse b/c I've always been one who would rather tell someone what they need to hear, even if it isn't packaged in a way to coddle their feelings.

EDIT: emotions are the last thing I disregard. I just keep them in their proper place. They are the most important deciding factor in many of my decisions. Before I can do anything, I must first believe that what I am doing is right.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Also the initial reason I jump into most gender threads is that no one is willing to ardently defend the mans point of view.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
No. I did not refer to censoring oneself, or not telling others your thoughts, but the manner in which you do so. I did not say that you should not make your points, vehemently, in whatever thread you wish. But ye have shown a tendency to make personal attacks in threads related to gender, and that is not the way to participate in discourse if one wishes to truly be heard and to listen.

It is entirely possible to tell someone what they need to hear in a manner that is without malice, even if it is something negative about their person.

Could you please show me where I have made a personal attack.

This isn't me calling you out. This is me being concerned that I actually did make a personal attack, and wanting to know for sure whether I did or not.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The reason I ask, is because (as far as attacks go) I prefer to counter punch.

I usually wont take the bait unless someone has clearly made a personal attack on me, and I need to respond to maintain dignity.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moved from Other Psychological Topics to NT Personal Threads.