• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ and ENTJ

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Please note I changed my username because it was a bit too easily recognisable. New one is also linkable to me but at least not at first glance. A person would have to know me very well in first place to be able to link me now :).

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Called ENTJ for some advise on something at work. Refered me to her company's website and said she had to dash. I guess the axe swinged.

But this is my view:

Some (e.g. ENTJs)are so convinced their view is the only right view that they will turn on you if you don't support their views. You are better off without such people! Blind allegiance has never been my forte :)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Called ENTJ for some advise on something at work. Refered me to her company's website and said she had to dash. I guess the axe swinged.

But this is my view:

Some (e.g. ENTJs)are so convinced their view is the only right view that they will turn on you if you don't support their views. You are better off without such people! Blind allegiance has never been my forte :)

Don't blame you. I don't waste my time chasing after people. I support loyalty, not blind allegiance - I don't believe anyone can just treat me any way he or she likes. Oh well, sorry about your loss but there are billions of other people out there. Good luck.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Don't blame you. I don't waste my time chasing after people. I support loyalty, not blind allegiance - I don't believe anyone can just treat me any way he or she likes. Oh well, sorry about your loss but there are billions of other people out there. Good luck.

Thanks I know :) - my objectivity can see where someone is wrong and loyalty cannot make me say "yes you right when you are wrong". Unfortunately made it seem like I was defending the guy.

Oh well - I'll get my ENTJ's via this forum vicariously - LOL

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But this is my view:

The sense of irony when I read this... oh boy.

I would've done what you did, i.e. "I don't want to hear it because I'd rather hear anything related to her from herself" with that guy-friend. But I would've also defended her and pointed out that he is sleazy and a gossip for talking behind her back. My Fi is pretty well-developed and I can see her pov too. It is unsurprising that she responded emotionally - how would you feel if you were in her shoes? i.e. if he told her lies about your past relationships with people, even if he didn't really know the situation, and all she said was "I don't want to hear it" and considered the matter closed? Would you really have known how she felt about the lies? Would you have known if she believed the lies? Responding emotionally to people-issues makes it authentic and real. Responding "logically" to people-issues makes you seem like you're not all that invested (and therefore insincere and that you don't care all that much).

Just a few thoughts. Also, your accusation that she doesn't listen to "logic" despite being an ENTJ is ridiculous. Of course people aren't logical, even if they're NTs. In my experience, logic is only useful when it supplements what you want to hear and/or your self-image. i.e. you are only "logical" in this case because it "supports" your view. You'd be just as stubborn and find other "logical reasons" to support the opposite if you felt that way.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8

I'd say that is very accurate. And yea, she has axed you. Just let that coo-coo bird fly away :) .

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Just a few thoughts. Also, your accusation that she doesn't listen to "logic" despite being an ENTJ is ridiculous. Of course people aren't logical, even if they're NTs. In my experience, logic is only useful when it supplements what you want to hear and/or your self-image. i.e. you are only "logical" in this case because it "supports" your view. You'd be just as stubborn and find other "logical reasons" to support the opposite if you felt that way.

People use logic and rationality is it pertains to what is useful/beneficial to themselves, even if that is merely for underlying psychological purposes (such as supporting a confirmation bias or one's own ego/self image). However, human beings make perfectly rational and logical decisions according to the situation. The two of them had an altogether different rationale, so neither is really right or wrong. The only place they can be wrong is in assuming things about the other person, in which case their beliefs can be illogical, and their actions/judgments irrational. It's a case of poor heuristics. She was not acting effectively to perceive the situation for its true form in the present, and was making poor attributions likely based on past personal judgments and experiences that have nothing to do with him, and led her to inaccurate conclusions. It seems to be an Fi thing.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People use logic and rationality is it pertains to what is useful/beneficial to themselves, even if that is merely for underlying psychological purposes (such as supporting a confirmation bias or one's own ego/self image). However, human beings make perfectly rational and logical decisions according to the situation. The two of them had an altogether different rationale, so neither is really right or wrong.
I think neither should have to apologise for responding as they did, but I do think that better communication would've been a lot more helpful instead of claims of "she was being illogical and therefore it's her fault!"

The only place they can be wrong is in assuming things about the other person, in which case their beliefs can be illogical, and their actions/judgments irrational.

It's a case of poor heuristics. She was not acting effectively to perceive the situation for its true form in the present, and was making poor attributions likely based on past personal judgments and experiences that have nothing to do with him, and led her to inaccurate conclusions. It seems to be an Fi thing.

I'm addressing the second part of this. How do you know that she was not acting effectively to perceive the situation for its true form in the present and was making assumptions about him? You are making assumptions here about her.

From her actions, it's quite obvious to me that she tried, systematically and reasonably, to address the problem directly:
1) She got the other guy whom she didn't date to confirm to the OP that she was telling the truth.
2) She spoke directly to the other person who was lying.
3) She spoke to the OP several times about this.

What she didn't get, however, was feedback from the OP that yes, he was convinced that she was telling the truth and that the liar was a sleaze. What the OP actually said was "I didn't want to hear it out of respect for you and let's move on". For all she knows, the OP still believes the lies and just wants the whole incident to blow over. Getting no validation obviously leaves the entire situation open, despite both people wanting to "move on". There is a complete lack of trust with the lack of communication and the assumption on the side of the OP that she should just "get it" and "act logically because she's an NT". I'm not surprised that she cut him off, to be honest.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
From her actions, it's quite obvious to me that she tried, systematically and reasonably, to address the problem directly:
1) She got the other guy whom she didn't date to confirm to the OP that she was telling the truth.
2) She spoke directly to the other person who was lying.
3) She spoke to the OP several times about this.

What she didn't get, however, was feedback from the OP that yes, he was convinced that she was telling the truth and that the liar was a sleaze. ... I'm not surprised that she cut him off, to be honest.

I think you should read carefully :)

1. True she spoke to other guy and I asked her did u intimidate him. I am a strong personality myself and I know how scred people become when I am intense as she would have been
2. She did not and in fact that's what was irritating she was badmouthing him based on info from others. Although the facts are probably true what the hell does his personal life have to do with issue? I told her if she wanted to talk to him its OK because I would live with the consequences of deciding to tell her.
3) She spoke twice about it and all she wanted was to badmouth him - to what purpose? I know the facts but I think for her and me to indulge in mud about him is to descent to his level, surely? :doh:

FYI I told her that I believe her and that my opinion of her did not change. Btw She spoke to e so my perception that she brushed me off was genuinely due to being in a rush - owe her an apology :).

Where I do admit being in the wrong is that I should have told him he is an arsehole but I took a few days before telling her because he may have been trying to be a "good friend" by his definition, who knows? It takes all types and kinds? Even then I felt I betrayed him and his trust. Ah well a judgement mistake.:)

PS Quote about ENTJs "A talent for factual analysis unbiased by prejudice or emotion."

Last edited:

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
deleted as duplicated below

Last edited:

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
For non sequitur some weaknesses of ENTJs

May be unable to understand other people’s needs where these differ from their own.

· May unwisely assume their ideas are the only right ones and are therefore being fully implemented by others.

· May become childishly petulant or angered when confronted by situations which require feeling judgments.

· May become so engrossed in a plan or ambition that personal needs and the needs of others are forgotten.

· May take every decision not made in agreement with their rational beliefs as a personal rejection.

· May be easily taken in or manipulated by others via agreement with their rational attitudes.

· May become obsessed with small obstructions and difficulties to the point where the overall plan is forgotten

· May believe natural limitations are actually ailments which ought to be eradicated

· May assume others are ever plotting against them.

· May believe only their own view of the world or a situation is correct, even to the point that they make it into a kind of dogma which must be followed by those around them.