• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Meeting People

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Where can you meet people and make new friends? IRL I mean.

Most of the time, I am not a very sociable person and an introvert. But I am not afraid of speaking in front of large crowds of people, and making a fool of myself, which makes me an ambivert. I wish I am in university or college because that is the place where you can meet intellectuals and people with a diversity of interests. But I can't because of
certain financial reasons and my english marks. So I would like to know where you can find opportunity to meet more people and make new friends.

Anyone want to share their experiences and brainstorm ideas? Other than socializing on the internet?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where can you meet people and make new friends? IRL I mean.

Most of the time, I am not a very sociable person and an introvert. But I am not afraid of speaking in front of large crowds of people, and making a fool of myself, which makes me an ambivert. I wish I am in university or college because that is the place where you can meet intellectuals and people with a diversity of interests. But I can't because of
certain financial reasons and my english marks. So I would like to know where you can find opportunity to meet more people and make new friends.

Anyone want to share their experiences and brainstorm ideas? Other than socializing on the internet?

Where in the world do you live?
What do you do for a living?
How open are you to changing your life up a bit?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Where in the world do you live?
What do you do for a living?
How open are you to changing your life up a bit?

Southern China.
I am still a student. My dream is to be a politician.
Like many other introverts, I am confused and don't know to do to expand my social circle.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
But I am not afraid of speaking in front of large crowds of people, and making a fool of myself

Maybe you can try to join a theatre group. In Germany it's easy to find them. Sometimes an agency gives workshops for lifestyle. It's possible to find connections by that.

Socializing over internet is a good point too. There are some networks, which are build just to find local groups in special subjects.

What are your hobbys?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Maybe you can try to join a theatre group. In Germany it's easy to find them. Sometimes an agency gives workshops for lifestyle. It's possible to find connections by that.

Socializing over internet is a good point too. There are some networks, which are build just to find local groups in special subjects.

What are your hobbys?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Socializing the internet is not the same as socializing and meeting new people in real life. :violin:

Meeting new people and finding things to talk about is hard, especially for an introvert like me. But i want to develop this skill. It is kind of like networking.

Therefore, I would like to know where you can meet people and network, and how do you find these opportunities.

These are the things I am interested on:

the future and history of my country
politics and economics
the latest technology trends (robotics and nanotechnology)
money and finance (how to make money)
computers
brain science

But it is difficult to find people who share common interests as me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But it is difficult to find people who share common interests as me.

When your interest is not other people, you will never. If you do have interest in other people, I find that treating them like experimental subjects works. :devil:

If you really feel the need for a friend or someone close though, best is just to open up (a little, going emo tends to wield the opposite results. :p ) to someone in your current surroundings that you know is a nice and good person. If there is no friendship, chances are it's because you never saught one with him/her. And not because there is no chance for one. :p

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
why not joing a political party? it would be interesting for you and you would get to meet people.

I have a bro who is an INTJ who is a politician....

Alternatively book groups, intellectual hobbies etc...

VagrantFarce

If you're a student, I'm sure there's loads of societies or groups you could join at your school.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You're in China?

Wow. In a country like China, I wouldn't think people were free to socialize. Just make sure you don't look at the political subforum. We wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

Anyway... your problem sounds very similar to mine. I have no idea how to meet people outside of school. School has always been the center of my life, and I had always counted on having a job to be the center of my life after I was done with school. Now I'm caught in this strange place with no focus, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, because there's no stable marker in my life I can use to measure my progress.

Anyway... one thing I'd suggest is finding a routine that gets you out of the house consistently. If you have a good excuse for going to the same place at the same time everyday, eventually people will become comfortable enough with you that they will engage you in conversation, if they're your equals in terms of social status.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You're in China?

Wow. In a country like China, I wouldn't think people were free to socialize. Just make sure you don't look at the political subforum. We wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

:doh: Ath, you are hilarious!!

Anyway... one thing I'd suggest is finding a routine that gets you out of the house consistently. If you have a good excuse for going to the same place at the same time everyday, eventually people will become comfortable enough with you that they will engage you in conversation, if they're your equals in terms of social status.

sounds good to me...