• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Gap between E and I for NT's

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
NFs seek happiness in relationships with others

SPs seek happiness in sensory experiences and living life to the fullest.

SJs seek happiness in familiarity and order.

NTs are by far the most neurotic and messed up of all of them because they seek happiness in competency and control over there environment.

INTs try to gain mastery over an internal world.(See schizoid and Avoident personality disorder)

ENTs try to gain master over their external world.(Egomania and Compensatory Narcissism )

INTJs and ENTJs are different because there main functions are so different.

Te is very efficient and ruthless at whatever it sets its mind to, the problem being that it often never re-evaluates if its goals are really that good of an idea.

Ni is..... uhh.... somthing different than that.

You seem to be using a bizarrely narrow view of human nature.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My dad is an intp, so I'm pretty used to the differences between the types :)

in general he's a bit calmer than I am (I fidget madly whenever I can) and signifigantly less likely to wonder outloud for 15 or so minutes what the pros and cons of getting a pet troll, or something equally impossible, would be (but burgalers would NEVER succeed!)

we'll both ponder purely theoretical ideas and properly analyze them and such, but you can easily tell which one of us is the introvert and which is the extrovert

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The difference betweeen INTP and ENTP is that the INTP seems distant while the ENTP seems crazy. However the INTJ seems both distant and crazy, while the ENTJ is the NT that most seems like it can fit in with the normal humans. Sure those ENTJ's think crazy things too, but they can keep it in check better than the other NT's can.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm not sure I'd define the smirk in the same way, a mate of mine once described it when I was a teenager, as "a smile that seems like it didn't quite get teh joke, but will smile anyways, just to please you"...

I thought that was very sweet.

Tink gaps between E and I typs of
xNTP
xNTJ

Not nessesarily if they get on, most NT's get along OK, it's just the I and the E type seem to have a gap...

I wasn't agreeing, actually. It's the juggling that makes me smile.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Based on observation of the people I know:

Profile of an ENTP with an optimized E:
1. Comes from a rich family

2. Uses family resources to pursue his passion

3. Profession is related to that passion. And other sideline jobs are also related to that passion.

4. Has a very broad social network (i.e., connections)

Profile of an INTP that implodes in his introversion:
1. Possibly comes from a non-affluent family.

2. Because of the family's financial standing, he cannot realistically pursue his passions. It's already hard (well, maybe not exactly hard, but it's not that easy) for an INTP to pursue his passions because of the Ti filtering.

3. May have started working early because of the family's status quo. Worse, that profession requires extensive Te.

4. If he's still in college, he's probably taking up a college degree where it's Te intensive, but because he thinks he's smart, he probably thinks that he can do well in it in the long run. Until eventually, he got drained.

5. Probably haven't learned MBTI yet. Hence, taking up the wrong degree.

6. If he lives in a ghetto community, he's probably feeling the pressure needed for social compliance by the community, which is probably SFJ in nature. It's already burdening to have the other factors listed above, and this one adds another layer on that.

Consider the ENTP guy above.
Let's say he has this quirky expensive habit. Let's say photography. Everyone knows that this is a very expensive hobby. High end cameras cost higher than an optimized PC. And you'll also be needing an optimized PC for that.

In case that the regular SF acquaintance that he has isn't able to relate to the hobby, that ENTP guy can get in touch with his other contacts (which can also be quite affluent), that are possibly as quirky as him, and thus his extroversion is better practiced.

The INTP guy below isn't enjoying the same level of perks. Although the ghetto community may provide a significant number of acquaintance, they may not necessarily fall into the quirky NTP mode that the guy is oriented to.

realmsghzx

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP
Just saying, the pressure to act according to society's rules is higher in a poorer, or more ghetto family? I don't follow.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
NFs seek happiness in relationships with others
SPs seek happiness in sensory experiences and living life to the fullest.

SJs seek happiness in familiarity and order.

NTs are by far the most neurotic and messed up of all of them because they seek happiness in competency and control over there environment.

INTs try to gain mastery over an internal world.(See schizoid and Avoident personality disorder)

ENTs try to gain master over their external world.(Egomania and Compensatory Narcissism )

INTJs and ENTJs are different because there main functions are so different.

Te is very efficient and ruthless at whatever it sets its mind to, the problem being that it often never re-evaluates if its goals are really that good of an idea.

Ni is..... uhh.... somthing different than that.

Hey VM,

don't let the thought police get you down... they are so special that they know that istead of discussing your opinions and dissagreeing with them - they choose to attack you .... NICE!

I agree with the bolded bit and don't really agree to much with the other bits....

Although technically you may have a point with the conditions, it would be via badly applied maths...

NT = c.5-10% of the population, depending on whos stats you will use...

In 1000 people that = 50
INTx = 2% of the pop = 20 people
ENTx = 3% of the pop = 30 people

So say any of the mental heal conditions map onto 10% of the population, within our INTx pop you'd expect 2 people to have a condition, and 3 people in the ENTx pop.....

In order to show elevation of the pop if you found 3 people in the INT population and 4 or 5 people in the ENT pop = it would mean these conditions are more prominant in these groups... the fact that the numbers are really shit and prone to sampling error is unlikel to be reported along with the statistics.... This is one of a few reasons I don't buy a pronounced correlation between mental illnes and MBTI. Hopefully you can follow and I've not screwed up.

Te may be ruthless, but I don't buy they don't reevaluate their goals.

And as I said don't let the thought police get to you, or they wll be chasitsing you for talking about the down side of personality types and feigning that everyone is only ever the nice side of the personallty thing - which is lame

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
My dad is an intp, so I'm pretty used to the differences between the types :)

in general he's a bit calmer than I am (I fidget madly whenever I can) and signifigantly less likely to wonder outloud for 15 or so minutes what the pros and cons of getting a pet troll, or something equally impossible, would be (but burgalers would NEVER succeed!)

we'll both ponder purely theoretical ideas and properly analyze them and such, but you can easily tell which one of us is the introvert and which is the extrovert

I'm a mad figiter, I can be really calm especally in a storm.
I think I have some of those INTP qualitiers too.

The fact you both ponder the intro v's the extro kind of indicates my point in the first post, that the two are simialr enough for ENTP/INTP

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The difference betweeen INTP and ENTP is that the INTP seems distant while the ENTP seems crazy. However the INTJ seems both distant and crazy, while the ENTJ is the NT that most seems like it can fit in with the normal humans. Sure those ENTJ's think crazy things too, but they can keep it in check better than the other NT's can.

LOL you know I really like your posts, you don't ahlf cut through the bull shit... :D

I wouldn't say INTJ's are crazy, distant.. distant.... distant.... you never know for sure what is going on for them... my dad was an INTJ.

ENTJ's would fit in kind of, but that is only cos everyone is scared of them.

I worked with an ENTJ lass, who was a wrold class fencer.... and a total control freak, she would quite literaly do her teams work for them if she got stuck because she was so annally perfectionist. I spent a lot of time with her trying to ween her off needing everything being perfect and trusting her people to deliver. I doubt I made just a dint in her thinking, but I did ask her how she would cope wiht 100 staff and I think she began to get the message.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Cypocalypse;

You posted this type of thinkign earlier in the summer it is interesting, most ENTPs I know came from well off families, my own I would say fell into the posh but skint braket. I see ENTP and possible ENFPs as beign quiet materialistic

Its an interesting thought, I don't buy that INTPs were particuarly poor.

As It was i think I tick a bit of both the categories.

Eck - a Juggling bear? Go figure :)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just saying, the pressure to act according to society's rules is higher in a poorer, or more ghetto family? I don't follow.

Actually it's not a direct correlation but there is a certain amount of thruth to that.

In the UK very poor communities are very insular, your relatively live within a few streets - everyone you know grows up to be on benefits and has very low aspirations, no one elaves the community. Life circles around family communities and conformity is associated with beloning and you don't break the community rules....

Not all poorer communities are like this but there is a certain set of circumstance that is exactly like that.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The difference between ENTJ and INTJ may be because the difference in using Ni or Te as a leading or secondary function. If you think about it carefully, the Ni and Te are extremely different, and in whichever order you use them may give you a completely different look and thought process, in which switching Ne and Ti as primary and secondary functions will not.

This is exactly right. The two top functions for both NTPs are both more introspective in nature. Ne is observational and Ti is also quiet. Which is why ENTPs (and ENFPs) can be more introverted (in the non-MBTI sense). The main visible differences lie in their tertiary function, Fe for ENTPs and Si for INTPs. You rarely mistake an ENTP in Ne-Fe mode for an INTP, or an INTP in Ti-Si mode for an ENTP. But in Ne-Ti mode, we are similar.

In contrast, dominant Te is very noticeable and physically extroverted in ENTJs, which sets them apart from Ni dominant INTJs.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is exactly right. The two top functions for both NTPs are both more introspective in nature. Ne is observational and Ti is also quiet. Which is why ENTPs (and ENFPs) can be more introverted (in the non-MBTI sense). The main visible differences lie in their tertiary function, Fe for ENTPs and Si for INTPs. You rarely mistake an ENTP in Ne-Fe mode for an INTP, or an INTP in Ti-Si mode for an ENTP. But in Ne-Ti mode, we are similar.

In contrast, dominant Te is very noticeable and physically extroverted in ENTJs, which sets them apart from Ni dominant INTJs.

Hey have you ever met an introverted ENFP?

LOL fair point to the rest, and realmsghzx

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hey have you ever met an introverted ENFP?

This fair amount of humbleness compared with the enfp personality should prolly be one the best ladies men.

I wouldnt exclude them from existance yet :)