• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay more questions:

Dear ENTP,

What are the disadvantages of extroversion?

Also, is it possible that the NTPness cancels out a bit of your extroversion?

Also, what purposes have you found for a paperclip?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Okay more questions:

Dear ENTP,

you say so much stuff that all the introverts think absolutely everything you say is true....other extroverts know better

sometimes you may come across as unbalanced because the the process you use to make a 'people' (social) decision is visible to everyone. introverts will use the same process (reasoning) but they will come across as the stable type cuz not everyone gets to see the part where they toss and turn at night

yeeeaaaah...im fairly introverted. its friday night, theres noone here. all i wanna do is relax, surf the web, watch a movie and sleep...if someone were to call me to out, i prolly wont pick up...hell, i dont even wanna go on msn

that said, if i were to talk to a friend right now, i would become fairly hyper...goes to prove the jungian definition of extroversion...its not our conscious preference to be with/without people, its how we derive our energy that defines extroversion

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yeeeaaaah...im fairly introverted. its friday night, theres noone here. all i wanna do is relax, surf the web, watch a movie and sleep...if someone were to call me to out, i prolly wont pick up...hell, i dont even wanna go on msn

that said, if i were to talk to a friend right now, i would become fairly hyper...goes to prove the jungian definition of extroversion...its not our conscious preference to be with/without people, its how we derive our energy that defines extroversion

You've described my current situation. If a friend that likes to party called me now, I'd not pick up- just not in the mood. I would, however, love to chat with someone over coffee right now. I'd like that.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
can eating a whole bag of baby carrots affect me badly, like killing me of vitamin A poisoning or something? :huh:
Probably not.
and what toppings should I put on my pizza?
Choco paste and olives.
And if you take my suggestion... why do you use my Ne to create impossible pizzas when you have one of your own?!

Okay more questions:
Dear ENTP,
Extraversion: I need input to function. When I'm alone for a long time, I get restless. I try to work on my stories but don't have inspiration. Only when I'm among lots of people - where I can't work on stories - I've got all sorts of visions about how it should work out.
I need my daily dose of interaction. Discussing, explaining things, you name it.

The NTP part makes it hard to connect to people. Socializing is boring and draining. In most social situations you can describe me as a true introvert...
Examples.
Teachers during the noon break making small-talk: I zone out or even go away. I've got difficulties to concentrate on people.
Teaching itself isn't as draining as making small-talk. While teaching, there is not only people you've got to take care of (Fe), but also the subject which is interesting (NeTi).
A teacher asking me to explain what's a vacuum? I'm enthousiastic, the connection is made, the interaction is pure E-style replenishing.

I think, in general, an ENTP has difficulties when connection is made on nothing but "connection". This is draining and for all you know, we're Introverts.
If there is a subject to talk about - preferably an abstract, theoretical subject - we feel connected and accepted. These are the interactions we crave and try to initiate. I feel the best whenever I've helped someone understand something.

I guess the most difficulties stem from the fact that our extraversion is picky...

None. It's a means for reaching the reset button of your computer; a hook for a fishing game; a didactical object when combined with a magnet...
But I didn't find any of these purposes myself.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay more questions:

Dear ENTP,

Well there is that whole desire to take risks that introverts don't seem to have much of. Also the E part of me seems to be at odds with the NTP part of me at times.

I didn't even consider that I *might* be an extravert until my early 20's, so yeah that NTP part really does cancel out what most people consider extraversion.

I think it really has more to do with having interests that are quite different from most people. If my environment is not stimulating then I end up retreating into my head. If there are fun things to do, or if we are able to talk about subjects that interest me, then I really come alive and you can see my extraversion.

Sometimes when you want you are explaining something and want to think through it out loud it helps to have something to fidget with in your hands like a paperclip. Also it's decent for holding papers together. ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have an ISTJ friend who was chatting to me about ehr marketing team, dominantly ENF's I think... certainyl lots of E types...

She say they all go hyper and bable shyte, and her I head goes nuts sulking it all in, and it goes too quick that she can't follow it.... and he collegue (accountant collegue) pointed out that the free fall was talkign nonsence, but somewhere in the nonsence is pure genuis....

For me I get invited to places to be E type - like light entertainment - which pisses me off. I get relied on to voice things others wont, I get relied on to confront situations all the passive agressive types shy away from. I get relied on to formulate an answer.

As for NTP compensating, no I don't think so.... I am not a party girl, what restrains me I think is lower F-ness.

I was looking at Barbarella's avatar, which as gone all raunchy, like many NF avatars.... It struck me earlier this morning that NT's approach to expressing their sexuality is modest rather than super in your face (not always, course there will be degrees of it), but generaly speaking I don't think ENT women jump on tables and flash their knickers.... and I do think ExF types might.... (and no before I get jumped on by every F type, I don't mean consistantly, I just mean more extrover party girl types).

If that makes any sense what so ever

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
should ENTPs date other ENTPs?

Are you flirting with me? *waggles eyebrows*

can eating a whole bag of baby carrots affect me badly, like killing me of vitamin A poisoning or something? :huh:

Oh sweet Jesus, NO! STEP AWAY FROM THAT VILE VEGETABLE BEFORE YOU CAUSE IRREPARABLE DAMAGE!

No matter how much I enjoy being alone it eventually slows me down to a low that I can't take so I have to be interactive. Being as anti-social as I am that can become inconvenient.

Like TLL I didn't consider the E in my NTP for quite some time.

• Lock picking
  • Makeshift rubber band flinger
  • Earrings
  • Inventive interpretive artwork
  • Cat toy, just add string
  • Paperclip chain necklaces
  • Projectiles in serious office wars

And that's just naming a few useful purposes.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Are you flirting with me? *waggles eyebrows*

You are a girl aren't you? LOL

No I'm not into girl on girl action....;)

It might prove to be difficult, imagine two ENTP living together, the gas gets cut off, the phone goes down, cos neither had managed to pay the bill, the bank account runs dry all the time, because neither is mindign how much is in there.... that you do see each other for weeks on end because he is off doing his thing and you are off doing yours, and lets face it, you woud both be so far in your heads that no one baths or puts the baby to bed, the baby who never sleeps because it is being fed 24/7 stimulus.....

Wheeeeeeeeeeew, maybe it isn't such a bad idea after all ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ROFLMAO.... Still not into girls... ;)

reason for a question is I spotted a cute guy on an online dating thing, but he sounded a bit ENTP on his profile... not sure it would be such a good match.... but it miht be fun figuring that out...:) I winked, he hasn't replied... doh

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Careful, we're derailing again!

*tries to put thread back on rails*

What sort of work do you hate the most?

There's the boring, repetitive manual work. Don't like it, but I don't really hate it. I don't really have to keep my attention on it, so I let my mind freewheel and enjoy the things it's constructing.
Then there are the challenges every ENTP loves.
But.
What I really hate is the sort of work that is not yet a challenge but still difficult enough so you've got to keep your attention on it.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
dusting, what the fuck is the point of that... wipe today its back tomorrow

Gutting fish isnt' too pleasant

Dealing with any form of frank blood is nasty, smell is nasty

As a teen I had loads of jobs, the boaring repretative ones allowed you to gossip, but I wouldn't have it as a career.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
making your bed...why the hell would you EVER wanna do that

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The kind of work that has to be done because something's in the way of something else

lane777

nevermore
Is Robert Downey Jr. an ENTP or ENFP? I'm asking because their is a thread attempting to type him and nearly everyone but me thinks he's ENFP.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you ENTP's relate more to ENFP's, ESTP's or INTP's ??

Personally, INTPs, but I believe it is an individual thing and there would be others that relate more to the EP types you mentioned.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
making your bed...why the hell would you EVER wanna do that

I make my bed when 1. I want to lie on top of it 2. I want my room to look self appealing 3. I can't find my change, cell phone, or lighter and that's just the way the blankets landed when I through them back on the bed.