• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
If so then that is more Fe than Fi and I am certain you are more Ti as well. So my vote is for ENTP over ENFP. Even if you have a lot of Fe for an ENTP that doesn't make you an ENFP because they are more inwards with their feelings and you are clearly an Fe if you're telling the truth.

Again. That seems to be the general consensus.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
this thread has been neglected!!

Question for ze ENTPs <3

1 - How can you tell when an ENTP carries a tiny torch for you?

When your name is Frankenstein. :)

Do they notice when you are gone and want your attention? Or is that just the normal MO?
no we are way too cool for showing feelings !

2- In what way are you more awesome than a citrus fruit?

We can be more bitter (what would be the opposite of awesome but its still cool. And while we taste good being cool, a citrus fruit doesnt, does it ?)

3- Do you like it when someone you are interested in dishes back when you do playful insults?
By all means! the only problem is then the playful insults become more challenging... then before you can see someone has a stick in the eye :D (and thats seldom not me )

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
this thread has been neglected!!

Question for ze ENTPs <3

1 - How can you tell when an ENTP carries a tiny torch for you? Do they notice when you are gone and want your attention? Or is that just the normal MO?

Uhhh...sure! Can we get more juicy details? :D

2- In what way are you more awesome than a citrus fruit?

Have about 90% more calcium and 85% more crunch. I could give more reasons but the empirical data available to me stops there - the rest would be pure speculation.

3- Do you like it when someone you are interested in dishes back when you do playful insults?

Yes, absolutely. Playful banter is my lifeblood. And you know how the old saying goes: it takes two to banter. If I'm playfully poking fun at someone and they just take it, then I feel like a pathetic jerk. It's like kicking sand in the face of a man with no legs and no arms who can't make any noise except for to moan in pain or whimper in distress. Where's the sport in that, I ask you?

Cloudpuppy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hey ENTPs!

(I have had a thing with an ENTP for about a year now. We have known each other about 3 years though. Recently, I've became more busy with school because of upcoming exams. I haven't paid much attention to him due to that. Furthermore, in the last weeks I've been confused about my feelings towards him.)
A few days before we had a discussion about us and I told him I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday. I didn't say no, I just told him I'm not sure yet. Right after I said that his being changed. I could see it with my eyes. He became much more serious and less talkative. Later he told me he's just sad that he can't be with me. I told him that I haven't said that I just need to focus on my exams right now but I do care about him deeply and just because I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday doesn't mean I'll be like that forever. But... he still took my saying too seriously. I'm not kidding... the guy who used to be very friendly and lovely towards me, has turned to be as cold as he used to be in the beginning. Not cold.. but rather ignorant or detached, I feel he closed the door and is now avoiding me. He's attitude towards me has changed. A lot. He doesn't even say hey or goodbye to me..
So my question is: did he doorslam me? It's odd because... he loved me. Perhaps I'm too confident to say that but I'm 100% sure about it. And now it's just.... odd.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
So my question is: did he doorslam me? It's odd because... he loved me. Perhaps I'm too confident to say that but I'm 100% sure about it. And now it's just.... odd.
No, only INFJs door slam. :newwink:

The real question is whether you doorslammed. :thelook: :D

The future is everything to Ne dominants, and you told him there isn't much of one. You shut yourself out of 90% of his mental field of vision. Communication might lead to an understanding you can both live with.

Cloudpuppy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No, only INFJs door slam. :newwink:

The real question is whether you doorslammed. :thelook: :D

The future is everything to Ne dominants, and you told him there isn't much of one. You shut yourself out of 90% of his mental field of vision. Communication might lead to an understanding you can both live with.

I actually think he door slammed me. At least... it look similar to cutting me out of his life!?
Anyways, he doesn't reply to my messages, not that I keep messaging him so desperately... I also invited him over (on different days) and he declined both times and this is so not what he usually does...

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I actually think he door slammed me. At least... it look similar to cutting me out of his life!?
Anyways, he doesn't reply to my messages, not that I keep messaging him so desperately... I also invited him over (on different days) and he declined both times and this is so not what he usually does...

Then it is over.

Don't insist.

(Frankly, what did you expect?)

Cloudpuppy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Then it is over.

Don't insist.

(Frankly, what did you expect?)

I definitely didn't expect that when I told him I'm not sure whether I want to move in with him that he would just disappear and...throw me out of his life. It's odd...after what we had...and I wasn't even breaking up with him even though we wasn't officially together..

but oh well.. what can I do.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I definitely didn't expect that when I told him I'm not sure whether I want to move in with him that he would just disappear and...throw me out of his life. It's odd...after what we had...and I wasn't even breaking up with him even though we wasn't officially together..

If he's truly an ENTP, then he will have forget about you and quickly moved to something else.
It's as simple as that.

And I wouldn't even recommend that you insist. Once that magic moment is gone, it's gone for ever. ENTPs hate routine and repeating stories.
You should take the full responsability with what you have chosen, and try to behave accordingly.

A

A window to the soul

Hey ENTPs!

(I have had a thing with an ENTP for about a year now. We have known each other about 3 years though. Recently, I've became more busy with school because of upcoming exams. I haven't paid much attention to him due to that. Furthermore, in the last weeks I've been confused about my feelings towards him.)
A few days before we had a discussion about us and I told him I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday. I didn't say no, I just told him I'm not sure yet. Right after I said that his being changed. I could see it with my eyes. He became much more serious and less talkative. Later he told me he's just sad that he can't be with me. I told him that I haven't said that I just need to focus on my exams right now but I do care about him deeply and just because I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday doesn't mean I'll be like that forever. But... he still took my saying too seriously. I'm not kidding... the guy who used to be very friendly and lovely towards me, has turned to be as cold as he used to be in the beginning. Not cold.. but rather ignorant or detached, I feel he closed the door and is now avoiding me. He's attitude towards me has changed. A lot. He doesn't even say hey or goodbye to me..

Take a deep breath, exhale slowly. I think you just experienced the classic ENTP stress response, and the major stressor might be school (not you).

ENTP's have a tendency to take on too much, become overwhelmed, and take it out on the people that mean the most to them that can throw them a lifeline, but don't. What is the lifeline? Well, since the ENTP hidden agenda according to socionics is to be loved, I'm guessing if you can speak to an ENTP in their love language you're golden. Generally, that's going to entail giving the ENTP a little space, pay attention to his physical needs, have a listening ear if he wants to talk about his stressors, offer non-patronizing support, and words of affirmation.

I wouldn't spend too much time over-analyzing or harboring an ENTP's hurtful words or actions that are a product of severe stress. Have confidence around your stressed-out ENTP, be positive, and he'll pull through quickly! :)

Permabanned
Hey ENTPs!

You shut down his party. He's detaching for guarding himself of unbearable emotional distress. If you really care for him make sure you know what you want before you make future statements and avoid contradicting whimsical behavior. :coffee:

Why are you messaging and inviting him over after literally telling him he was wasting his time with you? :thelook:

What did you expect? That he'd stick around like a loyal puppy waving his tail waiting for your requests for attention? :dry:

A

A window to the soul

What did you expect? That he'd stick around like a loyal puppy waving his tail waiting for your requests for attention? :dry:

I think you've missed the point that moving in with a man [her boyfriend] conflicts with her values. So yes, it's reasonable for her to expect her man (that loves her) to respect her boundaries.

Permabanned
I think you've missed the point that moving in with a man [her boyfriend] conflicts with her moral values. So yes, it's reasonable for her to expect her man (that loves her) to respect her boundaries.

Where did you read that? Are you sure you're not projecting your own values?

A

A window to the soul

Where did you read that? Are you sure you're not projecting your own values?

Did you read her post?? That was what the entire post was about. :dont:

EDIT: And I quote from Cloudpuppy...

"I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday. I didn't say no, I just told him I'm not sure yet. Right after I said that his being changed. I could see it with my eyes. He became much more serious and less talkative. Later he told me he's just sad that he can't be with me. I told him that I haven't said that I just need to focus on my exams right now but I do care about him deeply and just because I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday doesn't mean I'll be like that forever. But... he still took my saying too seriously. I'm not kidding... the guy who used to be very friendly and lovely towards me, has turned to be as cold... "

Permabanned
Hey ENTPs!

Did you read her post?? That was what the entire post was about. :dont:

EDIT: And I quote from Cloudpuppy...

"I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday. I didn't say no, I just told him I'm not sure yet. Right after I said that his being changed. I could see it with my eyes. He became much more serious and less talkative. Later he told me he's just sad that he can't be with me. I told him that I haven't said that I just need to focus on my exams right now but I do care about him deeply and just because I'm not sure whether I want to live with someone someday doesn't mean I'll be like that forever. But... he still took my saying too seriously. I'm not kidding... the guy who used to be very friendly and lovely towards me, has turned to be as cold... "

You seem to be interpreting the post beyond what is explicitly written; my comment stands.

A

A window to the soul

You seem to be interpreting the post beyond what is explicitly written; my comment stands.

Dear phobik, what difference does it make whether it's a moral value, a phobia, or a strong disinterest in shacking-up because she likes her privacy? No matter how you spin it, it's still reasonable to expect the person that loves you to act mature about it, respect your preference, and communicate.

Permabanned
Dear phobik, what difference does it make whether it's a moral value, a phobia, or a strong disinterest in shacking-up because she likes her privacy? No matter how you spin it, it's still reasonable to expect the person that loves you to act mature about it, respect your preference, and communicate.

EDIT: He can walk, but communicate that; she doesn't deserve to be left hanging out on a limb and treated like less of a person because she's not ready to do what he wants her to do.

Dear Nerd Girl,

Everyone is free to have expectations, but not without a consequence. She stated her position, she got her feedback. The sole purpose of my post was sharing my POV on the described events. It was not to judge said feedback's morality. Anyway, I'm done with the off-topic discussion.

Sincerely,
phobik

A

A window to the soul

Dear Nerd Girl,

Everyone is free to have expectations, but not without a consequence. She stated her position, she got her feedback. The sole purpose of my post was sharing my POV on the described events. It was not to judge said feedback's morality. Anyway, I'm done with the off-topic discussion.

Sincerely,
phobik

I respect that.

I'm detecting in her posts that there are some cultural factors at play, which I didn't account for, and can't account for without more data.
Also, *she* might actually be a *he* and they might be a sassy gay couple. :bunnyd:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I respect that.

I'm detecting in her posts that there are some cultural factors at play, which I didn't account for, and can't account for without more data.
Also, *she* might actually be a *he* and they might be a sassy gay couple. :bunnyd:

So having cultural factors affecting morality is bad but religious factors are ok ? :D