• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do ENTPs think that being pushy, condescending and somewhat belittling is a good way to be flirtatious or simply friendly?

I'm kind of starting to get that impression, and it really does not work well with me :huh:

No they dont think that, but they aint masters at expressing what they really feel as well

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is the cake a lie?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No they dont think that, but they aint masters at expressing what they really feel as well

So - do they (in general) see the need to work on understanding how they are perceived by others and how they may come across? (We all need to work on that, by the way, I feel.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So - do they (in general) see the need to work on understanding how they are perceived by others and how they may come across? (We all need to work on that, by the way, I feel.)

they wont ever know how they come across, even if they had the best help possible. Maybe with old age that does change, I cant tell; but it is the bane of an extroverted nature. Besides that I doubt anyone on this world knows for sure how they come across, its just impossible to tell.

How they are perceived by others is their main focus in all their lifes. If you want to destroy an entp, be his best friend for two years and then out of no logical reason turn your back on him and tell him he sucks. Max damage you can cause.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they wont ever know how they come across, even if they had the best help possible. Maybe with old age that does change, I cant tell; but it is the bane of an extroverted nature. Besides that I doubt anyone on this world knows for sure how they come across, its just impossible to tell.

How they are perceived by others is their main focus in all their lifes. If you want to destroy an entp, be his best friend for two years and then out of no logical reason turn your back on him and tell him he sucks. Max damage you can cause.

I think it's hard to tell how you're coming across, yes, but not impossible. If you get consistent feedback from others - either positive or negative - I think that can give you at least an indication.

I think you seem self-aware, by the way. :) It's not completely cut off to extroverts. ;)

I asked the initial question just because I seem to have had this sort of experience several times. On this site, a couple of ENTPs have - well, in one case definitely tried to flirt, in another case maybe? But when I took offense to something the latter one said because he was really pushy and I felt was trying to inflict some (to me, pointless) point on to me, he did this sort of eye-rolling "ohhhh...conversations with INFJs so often go like this" which was really condescending and just annoyed me more. The one who was definitely trying to flirt came on fairly strong and I was reserved and I guess slightly dismissive; then he was like "oh you INFJs, you claim you want guys who tell it like it is and then you make all kinds of silly assumptions when someone is direct with you." :huh:

I've also IRL had the sort of experience with ENTPs where you get into arguments and then they just dismiss what you say out of hand, it seems totally arrogant, and this with someone who I thought had at least some intellectual respect for me.

I have to admit, I don't really get the fabled ENTP-INFJ thing. :D I can see how there could be chemistry, but beyond that... I dunno, maybe just my bad experiences but I wonder.

wolfy

awsm
I thought extroverts had an easier time with how they come across? I've always had a hard time telling how I come across.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think it's hard to tell how you're coming across, yes, but not impossible. If you get consistent feedback from others - either positive or negative - I think that can give you at least an indication.

I think you seem self-aware, by the way. :) It's not completely cut off to extroverts. ;)

I asked the initial question just because I seem to have had this sort of experience several times. On this site, a couple of ENTPs have - well, in one case definitely tried to flirt, in another case maybe? But when I took offense to something the latter one said because he was really pushy and I felt was trying to inflict some (to me, pointless) point on to me, he did this sort of eye-rolling "ohhhh...conversations with INFJs so often go like this" which was really condescending and just annoyed me more. The one who was definitely trying to flirt came on fairly strong and I was reserved and I guess slightly dismissive; then he was like "oh you INFJs, you claim you want guys who tell it like it is and then you make all kinds of silly assumptions when someone is direct with you." :huh:

I've also IRL had the sort of experience with ENTPs where you get into arguments and then they just dismiss what you say out of hand, it seems totally arrogant, and this with someone who I thought had at least some intellectual respect for me.

I have to admit, I don't really get the fabled ENTP-INFJ thing. :D I can see how there could be chemistry, but beyond that... I dunno, maybe just my bad experiences but I wonder.

ENTPs are woman, they want to be conquered. As long as the INFJ doesnt do that the deal will turn bizarre.

This song gives you every answer you seek about entps:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sss3fakvLyc"].[/YOUTUBE]

I thought extroverts had an easier time with how they come across? I've always had a hard time telling how I come across.

Its quite the opposite in fact. Extroverts are no.1 to question themselves, its a bane often overlooked by the less caring mind

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs are woman, they want to be conquered. As long as the INFJ doesnt do that the deal will turn bizarre.

This song gives you every answer you seek about entps:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sss3fakvLyc"].[/YOUTUBE]

Haha, thanks. Cool song. Scary lyrics :shock: I feel kinda sorry for ENTPs now. ;)

I really don't know if it would work with an ENTP and me then. I'd want a guy who recognizes and enjoy my independence, but at the same time he DEFINITELY has to be the one who conquers me. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha, thanks. Cool song. Scary lyrics :shock: I feel kinda sorry for ENTPs now. ;)

I really don't know if it would work with an ENTP and me then. I'd want a guy who recognizes and enjoy my independence, but at the same time he DEFINITELY has to be the one who conquers me. :D

Fear is a negative word for master intuition and the ability to imagine what all can go wrong.

I am no representation for all entps and cant speak for them all and I am a german, here the woman are naturally more manly; I just can say so much, I couldnt imagine a relationship with an INFJ as well. Except for [MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION] :)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fear is a negative word for master intuition and the ability to imagine what all can go wrong.

I am no representation for all entps and cant speak for them all and I am a german, here the woman are naturally more manly; I just can say so much, I couldnt imagine a relationship with an INFJ as well. Except for [MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION] :)

:D True, Germans and German women are pretty forthright, I see what you mean. I'm fond of Germans and Germany generally...well, sometimes they can be soooo blunt and it scares me a bit. ;) But I like the Northern European thing. That's kind of my background and I tend to feel at home in those settings and with Northern Europeans.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

I always think I know how I come across, but sometimes, all of a sudden, it will be like "no, sorry, you are totally wrong" and I'll be left feeling like WTF? People are weird and complicated.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I thought you were in a relationship with an INFJ currently?

I was when I met her but I figured that was because I needed to grow up. Typing her J because she was more adult than I was, was easy but wrong. We have a clear Fi/Fe conflict often and she hates my teacherous nature. She is indecisive very and is a strong victim to her current mood, which in an instant dictates an opinion change to her, which she momentarily will follow and later regret.

i have a lot in common with her and a similiar lot sets us apart. We are both so immensily different in our interpretations of reality that way I have never felt with a Fe user. It is only our perception that we share and that makes us strong.

I have no idea what kept this relationship intact for almost 7 years, but I think in the end its like Dr.Cox from Scrubs said it: "keeping a relationship means to fight for it in the right moment".

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
HEY ENTPs
how do you guys feel about INTPs?

Less attention-craving/excitable versions of myself :D

From what I've been on forums they are cool cats but I'm not sure if I've met any. Sometimes I feel they need to see what cool cats they really are....

what were you guys like as kids?

Very quiet but very bouncy, varied between ridiculously bouncy and little couch potato. Tomboy-ish explorer, but also loved to draw and read science books. Didn't quite fit in anywhere..kind of weirdly knowing for my age. Could escape from pretty much anything...

do/did you have poor impulse control?

At times :laugh:

do you have a quick firey temper?

Very rarely but yes.

what do other people/ or your parents do to make you crazy?

Time-outs. I got so insanely bored just to stay looking in one place for more than 5 seconds. Interruptions. Whistles being blown at me. Almost never leaving the house other than school.

what did you wanna be when you grew up?

I had no clue what I wanted to be but I just knew that I had to change the world in a huge way, and that I would, once I was old enough that other adults would take my ideas seriously enough to have some influence. I wanted to be famous and awesome, but didn't really develop that much more and pushed it to the side because I thought there was no use in worrying about it while I was still some anonymous uninfluential kid in the sea of surburbia.

did you do better with structure? clear guidelines? do you need to know the why behind the rules for them to be of any value?

A general yes to the above.

ENTPs are stereotyped to have short attention spans manifested by hopping from one idea to the next and never seeing things through to the end.

What is the typical time frame that an interests takes to dissolve? Are we talking hours, days, weeks, months, years?

There's no typical time :laugh: My interest in this personality typology stuff is at 4 years and counting. I have a sort of rough classification system though. There are the:

15 second interests

5 minute interests

20 minute interests

3 hour interests

Recurring 20 minute interests

Recurring 3 hour interests

1 year interests (more constant than the recurrings)

3-5 year interests (more constant than the recurrings)

Yeah I think that may be the real problem here. I wouldn't be purposely condescending but then again I often have no clue how I look to other people.

Is the cake a lie?

No, the cake being a lie is in itself a lie to delude the masses into not looking for the cake and taking it all for themselves.

A

Anew Leaf

Question:

If you suspect that your ENTP ex is just emailing and texting you in the hopes of buttering you up for sex sans relationship, how best to go about discovering this? (Direct questions result in wide Ne circles of strange Ne-logic.)

Or just assume that this is what is going on and stop wondering?

On an "unrelated" note, What is the best way to get rid of an ENTP?

(I'm thinking I should bring up the idea of us moving in together and having kids. Or is that too obvious?)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Tell a story in a very enthusiastic tone about a "relative" who seduced a friend into having sex while surreptitiously disabling contraception because she wanted a baby so badly. :D Talk about how child support would be so important and expected.

Wait for emails and texts to stop.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi ENTP homies :)

What do you like most about yourselves?

What would you like to improve on?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Question:
If you suspect that your ENTP ex is just emailing and texting you in the hopes of buttering you up for sex sans relationship, how best to go about discovering this? (Direct questions result in wide Ne circles of strange Ne-logic.)
Or just assume that this is what is going on and stop wondering?
On an "unrelated" note, What is the best way to get rid of an ENTP?
(I'm thinking I should bring up the idea of us moving in together and having kids. Or is that too obvious?)

Regardless of what he wants, what do you want? If you don't want a relationship, if you don't want sex, either tell him up-front (ENTPs like things to be clear) or ignore him (ENTPs hate it when their actions don't trigger reaction).

Hi ENTP homies :)
What do you like most about yourselves?
My creativity! Close second: my ability to learn almost anything quite fast.
What would you like to improve on?
The quality of my novels. Close second: the percentage of finished projects.

A question for my fellow ENTPs! How do you manage to pilfer some time and energy to devote to your crazy projects? When I get up, I'm bursting with energy and ideas; but I have to work first. When I'm home from work, I'm exhausted and I'm just laying down in front of the television, wanting to go to bed in order to get my energy back. After I sleep, I have to go to work again. The weekend is filled with household chores, preparing lessons and resting. Sometimes I get up very early. Sometimes I jot down some text during the noon break. But it seems to me that my days are filled with longing. I long for the evening, promising myself that when I worked hard, I would be allowed to write. In the evening I long for the morning, promising myself that after a good night of sleep I would be fit again.
Any hints for stealing some time? Hasn't anybody invented a time-turner yet?