• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

A

A window to the soul

With regards to your point about people not reciprocating when you're talking about subjects outside of the norm, NRGH. I get so incredibly frustrated with people who blank me out or reply with a brief few words coupled with an incredibly dismissive tone. I feel like getting in their faces and shouting "YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!"

Except not, but I've imagined doing that :)

Ah yes, well, sometimes we're intense. :laugh:

Have a great day! And welcome to TC.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Thanks for the input! The guys over at PerC have welcomed me into the ENTP club with open arms, so they must also see some ENTPness in me.

This place tears the pajamas off of PerC.

Just, you know, FYI. :D

Bloubessie

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Would you ever go back to someone you genuinely liked but who accidentally stabbed your back?

R

Riva

Well and how someone can gain your trust again?

Would prefer if the person confesses his/her betrayal and asks for forgiveness. That applies to all types I guess.

Or you could probably sleep with him. That applies to all types I guess. Oh and one should be pretty.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Difficult, depends on the graveness of the matter at hand. If you cheated on me you can go to hell. if you kissed another guy, hmm, prolly wont ever trust you again cause I dont feel like no.1 to you. If you stole money from me, I'ld send you to a head doctor thats not so grave. If you ate my last cookies, not so grave as well, prolly would have sex with you after a fun debate.

Dunno, gues the answer is: never. A broken heart cant be mended, not if its owned by a ten year old :)

Bloubessie

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Would prefer if the person confesses his/her betrayal and asks for forgiveness. That applies to all types I guess.

Or you could probably sleep with him. That applies to all types I guess. Oh and one should be pretty.

He said I was the best experience, but he has a girlfriend now, so big no. :(

Difficult, depends on the graveness of the matter at hand. If you cheated on me you can go to hell. if you kissed another guy, hmm, prolly wont ever trust you again cause I dont feel like no.1 to you. If you stole money from me, I'ld send you to a head doctor thats not so grave. If you ate my last cookies, not so grave as well, prolly would have sex with you after a fun debate.

Dunno, gues the answer is: never. A broken heart cant be mended, not if its owned by a ten year old :)

I didn't cheat him. We broke up 2 months ago. But we head a deal that we won't tell anyone about something, but I did, because he hurt me so bad. But I regret it... really bad...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I didn't cheat him. We broke up 2 months ago. But we head a deal that we won't tell anyone about something, but I did, because he hurt me so bad. But I regret it... really bad...

Hmhm, that I find morally questionable, he cant force you not to tell, you are an individuum. No I dont think you should let yourself be controlled like that and entps are with their charisma and winning attitude the puppet masters

Bloubessie

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Hmhm, that I find morally questionable, he cant force you not to tell, you are an individuum. No I dont think you should let yourself be controlled like that and entps are with their charisma and winning attitude the puppet masters

Well, I feel really bad because he trusted me and I couldn't keep a promise. With that I messed up our relationship. :( And we got along so well... I miss that time. I miss him.
But thanks man, I appreciate your reply.

R

Riva

But we head a deal that we won't tell anyone about something, but I did, because he hurt me so bad. But I regret it... really bad...

A rhetorical question.

Entropie, the deal was to not tell. He is morally not questionable for the deal made by the both of them, is he?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Entropie, the deal was to not tell. He is morally not questionable for the deal made by the both of them, is he?

Ya it depends on your viewpoint. Any deal that was made always needs respect to the conditions it was made in. if you make a deal drunken its worthless. if you make a deal being in love with a jerk (sorry Bloubessie) its questionable if its valid.

You know, I know my sex and deals like that aint uncommon. Men try to "keep a woman warm" for later, if it shouldnt work out with the new fling. Or men have a double agenda in case they dont get the first girl, they take the second. Thats in every case no base for a solid happy long lasting relationship, cause one party is dishonest. Since woman are most often the bereaved, it always ends in a broken heart.

I know what I am talking about, I was no different from these men when I was young.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But dont be sad, its always like doctor Cox said it:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINn0UatJPE&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

I argued with my girl in the beginning a billion of times, sometimes very hard, no we are together for almost 7 years and the only reason is because we loved each others and fought for it.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
He said I was the best experience, but he has a girlfriend now, so big no. :(

Hurting you knowingly was more of an offense than you breaking the secret to tell friends about it because you were hurt.

On the one hand, you knew what you were getting into going in, and he can use that as a reason to absolve himself of guilt for hurting you, but on the other hand, he seems kinda manipulative, so don't bother feeling guilty about breaking the secret. Asking you to keep it secret and then getting mad at you for not keeping the secret seems manipulative to me.

I recommend getting him out of your head and moving on. :hug:

A

A window to the soul

I read your later posts. You may have already heard about how trust is the foundation of a relationship, so going forward, no matter what the outcome is, look at this as a learning experience for your future relationships. Feel good about that.

Honestly, I'm forgiving and I'm typically 'over it' within a few hours (worst case); however, I have little patience with people that don't learn from their mistakes and resist growth in a relationship.

In a nutshell, there should be reasonable expectations of respect for the relationship boundaries between the two of you. He would never stab you in the back, right? As an ex, there will still be an expectation for honoring each other's privacy and secrets. If you fail to do that, he may begin to see you as troubled. I'm pretty much in a hurry to weed out troubled people from my life, but again, it depends on the relationship and situation. (i.e., I never turn my back on family.)

The key is to own up to the back stabbing and not do it again.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Would you ever go back to someone you genuinely liked but who accidentally stabbed your back?
Probably not. I tend to trust people almost immediately, I would even call myself naive in that sense. But when someone betrayed me, I'd remember it. Especially if the traitor brushes it off as "no big deal". On the contrary, if he'd expressed remorse, I'd probably forgive, but I'd still think twice before confiding delicate matters. In short, I wouldn't go back myself, but if the other makes the effort to mend things, I'd accept.
So someone had my trust (easily) and broke it. Gaining it back will be hard. Just saying sorry counts as a very big step indeed, because I'm not going to ask it. I'd feel I've done enough, if he really wants my friendship it's up to him to take the initiative.
THIS. Do you dare to tell this to him? And don't tell "I did it because you hurt me", that's making excuses. Just tell "I did this and I regret it really bad. I know I've hurt you." Only if he asks why, tell him. Try to make it NOT sound like "actually it's all your fault and YOU'd better say sorry now!" I guess that's the real difficulty here. Because you want to say sorry without making it sound like an accusation.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9

In a nutshell, there should be reasonable expectations of respect for the relationship boundaries between the two of you. He would never stab you in the back, right? As an ex, there will still be an expectation for honoring each other's privacy and secrets. If you fail to do that, he may begin to see you as troubled. I'm pretty much in a hurry to weed out troubled people from my life, but again, it depends on the relationship and situation. (i.e., I never turn my back on family.)

The key is to own up to the back stabbing and not do it again.

I guess the main question is what she means by back stabbing. I assumed she just meant that she had promised not to tell anyone about their relationship at all. If all she did was confide in a best friend because she needed someone to confide in, I don't see that as a "backstab".

She could confess to the facts of the matter and apologize. "I apologize for telling my best friend, I just needed to confide in someone" (<- facts) would be more appropriate than "I'm so sorry for stabbing you in the back" (<- too dramatic, sounds worse than it is).

It seems like a good possibility that he's using her secret-breaking as a guilt trip so that he can "forgive" her for it next time he's in town looking for a convenient fuck buddy. Telling someone that something they did is their little secret is a common form of manipulation. On the other hand, she should take responsibility and not act like the victim, but clearly he had the upper hand in this relationship and knows it. He's got another girlfriend already, and she's still reeling over their past FWB relationship. Obviously she's emotionally in it WAY deeper than he was, he knows it, and seems to be using it to keep her on a leash for later.

I don't know, maybe I'm making too many assumptions and not being fair to the guy in this story. I don't have much sympathy for people (male or female, ENTP or not) who knowingly stomp on other people's hearts for purposes of ego stroking or sex.

PS I'm also using the past thread as background info, for anyone wondering because they missed the previous thread.

A

A window to the soul

I guess the main question is what she means by back stabbing. I assumed she just meant that she had promised not to tell anyone about their relationship at all. If all she did was confide in a best friend because she needed someone to confide in, I don't see that as a "backstab".

Yeah, see I'm not sure about that either. She did say they weren't cheating. I wasn't comfortable assuming that's the case, and since she's not comfortable divulging the details, I worked with what I had.

I'm glad you mentioned that too, which brings up something I want to clarify about my post...

[MENTION=14010]Bloubessie[/MENTION]: When I mentioned not sharing the *secrets* between you and your ex, I'm talking about not sharing personal things between the two of you from your past. I didn't intend for *secrets* to mean a secret love affair. I don't support cheating, which I read where you said you weren't cheating, so I think we're square. :)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I guess the main question is what she means by back stabbing.

I think she means this

2311749860_dfc2245539.jpg

A

Anew Leaf

Dear ENTPs,

If I want to lure one of you to my gingerbread house of amazingness, how would I best go about doing this?