• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
For $200,000 (I'm assuming US) would you rather own a house or go into space?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
house, I need acres to build my rocket silo since I am a direct descendant of Wernher von Braun

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Space, of course.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually find it hard to type EXTPs in general because most of you have a well developed Fe, which often overshadows the Ti preference.
Question: Do you think you have more or less balanced T/F preferences or do you think your T preference is rather distinct?
Thanks!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What kinds of things stress you guys out?

I am pretty stress resilient, most of the time it cant be sressful enough I'd still ask for more. Still this comes at a distinct problem with health conditions and becoming a workaholic. What stresses me out the most is people that do not understand me or dont want to. If that happens combined with them being resentful I had it.

I usually find it hard to type EXTPs in general because most of you have a well developed Fe, which often overshadows the Ti preference.
Question: Do you think you have more or less balanced T/F preferences or do you think your T preference is rather distinct?
Thanks!

I tend to get in tests always a high F preference, I guess in the end it really boils down to those critical moments in life when you rather trust to make a decision based on rationality than on how you feel about something.

It largely depends on my mood, I either score entp, entj or enfj in mbti tests :)

A

A window to the soul

ENTP's does it stress you out when you talk to someone (i.e., family/friend) that doesn't respond with much of any substance (if at all), or requires a lot of prodding for a decent response? Does a consistent lack of response and eye contact seem disrespectful?

A

A window to the soul

A house for home projects.

Disrespect, distrust, and details.

Thanks!

I think my T/F is pretty balanced.

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP

Id get the space ride, then trade the ticket to some guy for his house. Then Id sell it as the home of a former astronaut at a profit and buy a nicer house.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

ENTP's does it stress you out when you talk to someone (i.e., family/friend) that doesn't respond with much of any substance (if at all), or requires a lot of prodding for a decent response? Does a consistent lack of response and eye contact seem disrespectful?

Lack of any response stabs me each time I try to strike up a conversation with a friend. I have no other way to connect to you besides my ideas! Please look at me!!! They don't get the concept that I'd leave them alone if I got a decent response.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks!

If you met me in person you wouldn't be confusd about my preference for T.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Own a house in space. Well, as Earth is in space, that's not so strange as it seems on first sight.
Really, I'd rather stay with my feet on the ground. I'm not that adventurous.

People who don't understand me (not emotionally, intellectually!), or at least act if they don't grasp what I'm trying to say. I've had some students like that and I really can't cope with it. "You've got to write the terms in your sum in that order otherwise we don't understand it" and the like. They were good at maths. If a weak student asked me about the order of the terms in a sum, I'd simply write = y + x next to the x + y I wrote earlier. There's also a difference between asking something like "Say, isn't that supposed to be y + x instead of x + y?" and "You're confusing us, you're a bad teacher!"
Implying that I'm doing it poorly if I don't meet all of your impossible standards, that's really stressful to me. Probably because I want to hear I'm doing it well so badly...

Thanks!
Once in a while I get ENFP on tests, and I can find myself in part of the description. But I'm more of an E and INTP than an ENFP. I guess I'm a quite clear T, though. While my Fe doesn't overshadow Ti, it's the function that other people see more. Well, that's the task of Fe, isn't it? Public relations manager? I'll be friendly to you because I want you as an inspiration source and sounding board.
I'll gladly explain theories to you, even if I don't understand them myself, and you'll see my Ti (true, false, probable, improbable, if and then,...) alongside Ne (blurting out ideas) and Fe (I'm glad to help you, are you thankful? I'm unsure about whether I've been a bore or not. Please confirm.)

I'd interpret it (see above) that the other thinks I'm a bore. This can result in -
(1) trying to amend things by asking about the other person's interests (the ideal possibility, but I can't seem to pull it off without sounding like it's just an excuse.)
(2) get away and try to find a better sounding board.
(3) blurting out even more ideas in a vain attempt to get the attention back. (I guess this can be a sort of Ne-Fe loop like we discussed earlier)

A

A window to the soul

Id get the space ride, then trade the ticket to some guy for his house. Then Id sell it as the home of a former astronaut at a profit and buy a nicer house.

Awesome funny stuff right there!

Lack of any response stabs me each time I try to strike up a conversation with a friend. I have no other way to connect to you besides my ideas! Please look at me!!! They don't get the concept that I'd leave them alone if I got a decent response.

Yes!! :happy:

I'd interpret it (see above) that the other thinks I'm a bore. This can result in -
(1) trying to amend things by asking about the other person's interests (the ideal possibility, but I can't seem to pull it off without sounding like it's just an excuse.)
(2) get away and try to find a better sounding board.
(3) blurting out even more ideas in a vain attempt to get the attention back. (I guess this can be a sort of Ne-Fe loop like we discussed earlier)

I do that third crazy thing you do, which after too much Ne-Fe loopdy doo, I fade fast and like ReflecTcelfeR commented, it does occur to me that the sooner I get a decent response, the sooner I'm out and everyone is happy. Something else you mentioned in this thread also resonated, which had to do with keeping your cool or keeping the peace with people (I think). Anyway, I try not to permanently lose my audience. I prefer to see mutual aspects of interactions with people that are beneficial to both of us.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

Being chased by wolverines.

Thanks!

I would say most people wouldn't initially peg me as a T (apparently being a T means you must be Very Serious), but when they find out it makes a lot of sense. It's like what Tamske said: Ne and Fe are what most people see first thing. Fe is Public Relations manager, it's her job. But my ship is quite competently directed by Captain Ti. Approximnately 7725 days without incident...that's a pretty good track record!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
(apparently being a T means you must be Very Serious)
No, that's being an TJ - extraverted T-ness. Ps show their S or N. Ti is not business-like, it's an analist, a theorist, a worldview-builder.
A ship? You just put an image in my mind. Ne is the engineer running the Infinite Improbability Drive. Ti is indeed the captain. Fe the guy at the radio. Si a cartographer.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
How would I ultimately know if I'm an ENTP or not? If I am not an ENTP, how would I become one?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I may or may not be an ENTP, but it's really easy to change my type in my profile. Plus, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'll give it whirl....

Geez! We were talking by visitor messages! How am I supposed to make eye contact??? ; )

Yes, it's more of an annoyance than a stress though. The nonverbal response they're giving is rather clear. The next question out of my mouth is: "Why do you seem to be avoiding a real response or not caring about it enough to respond?"