• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do ENTP's ever really like people? My boyfriends dad is an ENTP, and I feel like I probably read him better than most... but I sense a very strange, kinda.. dislike for people in general. Kinda like he really thinks everyone is a complete moron that can't be trusted, but he masks it well through witty remarks and charm. I sense that he reserves any authentic, emotional sentiment for those very close to him... pretty much his wife and kid. I don't even sense a real emotional connection to his own parents (my boyfriends grandparents) ... just more of an obligatory relation. Is this possible?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do ENTP's ever really like people? My boyfriends dad is an ENTP, and I feel like I probably read him better than most... but I sense a very strange, kinda.. dislike for people in general. Kinda like he really thinks everyone is a complete moron that can't be trusted, but he masks it well through witty remarks and charm. I sense that he reserves any authentic, emotional sentiment for those very close to him... pretty much his wife and kid. I don't even sense a real emotional connection to his own parents (my boyfriends grandparents) ... just more of an obligatory relation. Is this possible?

Sure. To both questions.

Was that all you needed in an answer?

We hate ENTPs. They think too much.

Don't make me think this through until I loathe on you!

How can we get ENTPs to stop thinking for themselves?

Be more charming, clever and quick than the ENTP, if they take all that in then you may have a chance at disarming them for a moment. Moment.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol so this question is going to be rip off from EJCC's thread

Too many pages, can't be bothered to flip or search :p

Ne + Fe loop, how does it look like?

How does inferior Si manifest ltself under times of stress?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Can Ne be controlled?
No. Even in the most serious situation possible, it can always happen that a 'fail picture' from google or that certain utube link pops into your fron

What do you do when you realize people are idiots?
The question is phrased poorly, a better question would be: what did I do when I realized people are idiots ? :)

How do you get over feeling bad for trying to find non idiots?
Well that's given the asumption I tried to find non idiots and I have given up on that a long time ago.

Why are even the non-idiots idiots?
For the same reason why the idiots aint accepted in my club.

How do you stop yourself from getting bored?
When I was younger I smoked and masturbated. Now its only masturbating left... :/ (of course I choosed the word masturbation over ejaculation for a pure self-loving arrogant reason. Not because my english sucks :))

How do you stop yourself from laughing at people for doing something they know is a bad idea?
I never do that, I'll have to laugh at myself then everyday. On the contrary I admire people who have courage in their bad ideas.

How do you get over feeling bad for getting people to trust you then manipulating them to stupid stuff because "you were bored"?
That question I really dont understand :).

Yes, 100%. Tho it feels more like nothing really on a daily basis, but if something could happen like you could loose your parents, then real feeling arises. It's like 'feeling on demand', pretty awesome when you ask me. Only problem is once the demand was made, it tends to dont go away !

You know entps very poorly, they never think for themselves

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Dunno, I have never been able to separate Ti from my Ne so that loop bizzo doesn't fly with me.

It's horrible, nasty, soul crushing stuff :cry:

Luckily Quenk has already written things better than I could so I needn't traumatise myself by retelling the experiences. http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29055-form-inferior-enps.html

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

It's not really as personal as "like" and "dislike" really. Thing is, I don't take many things seriously, including most of my relations with people. If that person is a moron, I'll take my relationship with them even less personally (ie. seriously). If they are someone who has won my respect/admiration/found my "mushy" buttons, I'll invest more energy in taking our relationship more seriously. This means I'll invest more precious energy in being emotionally attune to that person. I'll watch what I say around them. I'll try to do little behavioural things FOR that person.

But things like being family don't factor into that, really. Kind of just an arbitrary relationship. If I don't get along with someone in my family I'm supposed to ignore that and love them anyway? See how silly that sounds? What have we done for each other to garner that relationship? Give me some good reasons WHY I should invest emotional energy into our relationship and I will. But most of the time no one does, but we're still expected to be dutiful to our family members. So I do, cause society says so, but yeah you're right, it's more of a duty - an obligation.

Frontal lobotomy? :biggrin:

Umm...not sure? Gonna extrapolate from theory and say it looks like neuroticism in the face of social activities. Uncharacteristic self doubt, over-the-top displays of unfelt emotion (in an attempt to manipulate the other person into liking you), seeing what would be the socially acceptable course of action but not knowing how to act accordingly/going deliberately against that to get a rise out of people.

See how easy it is to just make up a bunch of pseudo-intellectual garble? :laugh: I dunno...there may be some kernels of truth in it.

Kaspar's link it pretty good, actually. Saves time and *sobs* heartache. :boohoo:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I think I've asked this in here before, but heck, why not, I'll ask again...

Why are you guys such little sluts?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am no slut on the contrary I am a serial monogamist

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Define slut.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
YE DURST LIES?!?!?! AND FILTHY LIES, TOO!! TO MAKE ME APPEAR CRUEL!!!!

I BESEECH THOU COME HITHER, AND ACCEPT THY'S PUNISHMENT!

Punishment? I'm gonna like this, aren't I!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes ! Bring the chipmunk in :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTvqJFr5Zgc&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
You made me think about how I relate emotionally to different people, and that's the first time I had to. I guess it's quite a smooth transition from people very close to me to family and then friends and then strangers. Acquaintances aren't possible for me. Either I forget their names (which makes them strangers) or they become friends.
I don't feel like any relation of mine is "obligatory".

Don't. Just don't. The revenge is terrible when they get back their mind.

lol so this question is going to be rip off from EJCC's thread

Too many pages, can't be bothered to flip or search :p

Blurting off ideas and trying to get praise for them? I like praise for my projects and can be quite put off by negative reactions...

No idea, if I'm really stressed out, it's my Ni which appears and keeps me from sleeping (you should have done that, you'll never get it back right again, this disaster can happen, that disaster can happen...).
If I can fall back on a rigid Si pattern, the stress will recede. It's more like a relief function to me.

Are we? I'm proud to be happily married, and thus, if I get the definitions correct, not a slut.

A

Anew Leaf

How do we get rid of one of you, if we have already told you "leave me alone, this is not a joke or a drill, I never want to speak to you again" ?

A

A window to the soul

How do we get rid of one of you, if we have already told you "leave me alone, this is not a joke or a drill, I never want to speak to you again" ?

Why would you say that to someone? I would interpret that as you're playing games with me. Game on.

I'm not the clingy type. I think if you just walk away and make yourself unavailable, that should be sufficient. If you're serious about never speaking to us again, don't engage or entertain us in any way. Don't respond.