• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I am just baffled that you find especially that entp quality meaningful, when someone asks me about what I like in myself I usually tend to brag with totally exaggerated love-making skills or the day on which I managed to eat 10 sausages and drink 5 beer in 3 minutes and then vomited my name at the front door on campus :D

Oh yeah absolutely! But when i'm specifically asked about my character by someone who seems serious about it I have no problem in discussing these subjects.

A

A window to the soul

How do you ENTP's get over things so quickly?! When I am upset I tend to hang on to it, it sucks!

It's tough to get upset and walk away holding on to negative stuff. I'd much rather face whatever disturbs me, in an attempt to resolve it. A good example of this is how I'm frequently getting into arguments with what I believe to be ExTJ's. Sometimes it escalates to a point where I'll shout out "dammit!" to quiet the room for a moment where we're not all talking at once. Some people just don't use their listening ears, thus aren't logically "thinking" about all of the ideas presented, and momentarily forget other simple concepts of working as a team.

My sentiments, "That's fine guys; nobody is leaving this fun-filled hay ride until we all have a meeting of the minds and can walk away happy." win-win!! :]

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not the only ENTP who wants a longer term realtionship, but gets bored from some reason after one is formed?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm not the only ENTP who wants a longer term realtionship, but gets bored from some reason after one is formed?

You have to learn discipline young padawaan. Come to Germany and I'll teach you :) (which also means the answer to your question is no )

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The world hears about 15% of my thoughts and ideas.
Wow, 15% ?!? How do you get to that huge amount? Do "shout out idea to significant other and then forget it" count as "the world hears about it" or what?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow, 15% ?!? How do you get to that huge amount? Do "shout out idea to significant other and then forget it" count as "the world hears about it" or what?

Yes, plus I included internet posting, not just real life conversations :biggrin:

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
if someone found you to be an easy read, and they were accurate at making predictions about you and motives. would you date that person?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
if someone found you to be an easy read, and they were accurate at making predictions about you and motives. would you date that person?

As long as they were truly accurate (none of this "I know you better than you know yourself" business) and as long as he didn't get condescending about it or use it as a reason that "oh we'd be great together because we know each other so well."

But yeah, I'd definitely date a guy who "got" me. You know - someone on the same wavelength...that sort of thing. Who doesn't want THAT?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree entirely ^

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

That's not enough to make me date anyone. Big fucking deal if you can predict my next thought sequence. It would really impress me though if you would actually do all my laundry before I even think of it. Use those powers for good. Instant turn on.

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
Like the other posters, I confront the problem head on, tell all my views on the situation which are usually entirely accurate, iron out any mistakesin my perception on the situation, apologize for whatever to make them less emotional (this happens only if they are hysterical, but, Im not around people like that anyway) and then its resolved for me. Because, Ive done as much as I could to solve that problem, Ive cleared up any misunderstandings I may have had in my analysis on the situation by confronting that person, and now the ball is in their court on what they do about the situation.
But Im definitely not in charge of their mind, Ive got it figured out on my end, so Im fine.
If they are emotional, they should calm themselves down and start figuring things out instead of wading in their emotional state. Waddling? Idk. Anyway.
Fellow entps, do you ever get this sort of..weird 'disgusted' feeling, like a repulsion, when people do things like give you hugs, and cheesy romantic stuff like holding hands? This is reallly really hard on me. I have to try and make sure the other person does not feel that emption that washes over me so they dont get insecure about their display of affection. Its hard for me to be romantic, its kind of something I get sad about occasionally. Because its hard when a boyfriend is real romantic, and you just stare at thrm and say "oh, thanks". Then try to act like you like it, act fake, but they see what youre doing. It blows.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I am nowhere near as affectionate as my husband is. Holding hands feels childish. And if my hands are held, this is the *only* thing I can do with my hands. It makes me very aware that I'm being restrained. I'm not always comfortable with the amount of dedicated focus an INTP needs. But I try. He's not always comfortable with the sheer amount of topics I can cover in a 10 minute period, so we're even.

I feel real disgust when friends hug me and insist on holding that hug for more than 2-3 seconds. I have one ENFP friend that makes me feel absolute revulsion whenever she inches toward me. It's just too much. I've told her time and time again. It really is a physical disgust and an overwhelming ickiness.

I have no problem with intimacy, I just express it differently.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Can Ne be controlled?
What do you do when you realize people are idiots?
How do you get over feeling bad for trying to find non idiots?
Why are even the non-idiots idiots?
How do you stop yourself from getting bored?

How do you stop yourself from laughing at people for doing something they know is a bad idea?
How do you get over feeling bad for getting people to trust you then manipulating them to stupid stuff because "you were bored"?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Can Ne be controlled?

No. But the less I think about it, the more precise it is.

Nothing, it's a given that all people are idiots most of the time.

I rarely feel bad for anything.

Because people are complex and unpredictable. Also, lack of experience sometimes limits scope.

I'll let you know as soon as I figure that out.

How do you stop yourself from laughing at people for doing something they know is a bad idea?

Why would I ever stop myself from laughing at something funny?

How do you get over feeling bad for getting people to trust you then manipulating them to stupid stuff because "you were bored"?

Like I said, feeling bad isn't my thing. I also don't make a lifestyle out of manipulation and abuse. And everyone is responsible for their own thoughts and actions.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Do you ever get this sort of..weird 'disgusted' feeling, like a repulsion, when people do things like give you hugs, and cheesy romantic stuff like holding hands?

I used to hate hugs. Whenever someone would go in for a long one (like a significant other) I'd just stand there like a useless pole, thinking about nothing except "when will this be over??"

But over the past year or so I've gone through a really difficult time in my life and suffered subsequent depression for it. And I had a friend who went in for a long hug one night and I was thinking "shit, here we go" but I really ended up feeling amazing afterward. I could seriously feel my blood pressure lowering and my head clearing of negative thoughts. So I've come to accept that hugs (well, human contact, anyway) is important for our bodies to physiologically feel like we belong and are loved.

I still don't LIKE romance and cuddling and holding hands, but I have a better appreciation for it.

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
Can Ne be controlled?

I cant speak for Ne.

I tell them. If they say "stop calling me that" I will then let them know with precision on ways they can not be an idiot. It usually makes me sound like an even bigger idiot. But hey, most of the time there are good results from these exchanges. You realize your external behavior. Like, she looks idiotically dumbfounded, and I look like a little brat.

Uhm, by not feeling bad....
Why do you feel bad. People do that all the time.

Because, we all are idiots in some ways, for instance, I may know my pharmaceutacles, but I probably just butchered spelling that word. Idioticism is a situational occurence in everyone's life.*

How do you stop yourself from getting bored?*

Uhm, never bored, have like 500 hobbies, one new probably every week, though sometimes some dry spells. I will actually hone im on a few. Play soccer everyday. Been writing a screenplay this week, I applied financial techniques to other management goals last week, and Im becoming a
*clown nxt week Ive been told. And my new name is "zan", to a few people I just met, I dont really know why, but hell. Tired of my first name anyway, Ive been called by the same thing for my whole life. I dont understand why people cant be called somethi different every day. There can be ways to do that nationally. Be complicated, but anything is doable. ...

Anyway, I guess I answered your question okayly. I like that line of fast fire questioned, good line spacing too, makes it easy to read.

Its usually not funny to me. If they did the action and did Not know it was a bad thing to do, when it obviously was, like some Joe Blow, who does not pssess any significant degrees of mental imbalances, jumping off some airplane randomly, then Id think that was pretty funny. Thats a theoretical, I mean, the guy just fell to his death, at least give him some respect by laughing at him, I mean, reacting to his action in doing so. Im sure the guy preferred people to be happy and strive for it in life if he did something as emotionally chqrged as jumping off a plane. Idk. But. Im not a bad person, ok? I just would know I would laugh as my initial reaction.

I dont know about you, but, when alone? I remember all of those instances, never get over them. I just remember that I need to find extremely crazy, already messed up people to be around, so that I dont get bored and start trying to start conflicts with any nice Unmessed-up people. They dont deserve that.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
eventually one realizes that the time explaining someone's idiocy to them isn't worth the wasted effort or time that could be better spent elsewhere.

A

A window to the soul

Sounds creepy. Best keep that to yourself.

Can Ne be controlled?
Sure.

Depends on the situation.

I don't set out seeking non-idiots. I don't think like that.

They ask idiotic questions?

First, I speak up and try to stop them. How do you stop a train?

How do you stop yourself?

Stop. Srsly! :laugh: