• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Speaking of which, i lately read an intresting thing about Fi in entps in socionics, the point of least resistance. It said they tend to be funny in group settings and need laughter as feedback so they dont have to deal with their own emotions. Like a blind spot for your own Fi.

I always tended to think entps of all nts could deal with emotions but this is an intresting thing. Thats like the situation in which you ask your infp why she loves you and you'll never get that logical reason your are hoping for because it's Fi and its her personal feeling

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll go with 98% of the time. ;)

Optimistic ---> Most of the time

Upbeat----> Some of the time

That and that.

Optimistic is my automatic state of mind. Upbeat requires something to be upbeat about otherwise I'm exerting energy without cause.

It said they tend to be funny in group settings and need laughter as feedback so they dont have to deal with their own emotions.

I agree with the first part, but not the reasoning. I seek laughter as feedback because I want others around me to be happy and enjoying life, to be able to influence that makes me all warm and snuggly in my belly.

My avoidance is less about facing emotions, more about not facing the tough situations that create those negative emotions in the first place.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
We don't "feel"
We seek and destroy

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Surrender or last Stand?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'd say my experience of the whole optimism thing is this - I always think that an opportunity involves something cool that I don't want to miss out on. I hate drudgery in the sense that I know exactly what it's going to involve, and that's just dull. I can get depressed when things aren't as interesting as I imagine that they could be.

Speaking of which, i lately read an intresting thing about Fi in entps in socionics, the point of least resistance. It said they tend to be funny in group settings and need laughter as feedback so they dont have to deal with their own emotions. Like a blind spot for your own Fi.

I agree with the first part, but not the reasoning. I seek laughter as feedback because I want others around me to be happy and enjoying life, to be able to influence that makes me all warm and snuggly in my belly.

My avoidance is less about facing emotions, more about not facing the tough situations that create those negative emotions in the first place.

I agree with bits of both of these. I want to be funny because I associate laughter with warm feelings, and that people like me for spreading these warm feelings. However, where the PoLR comes into play, is coming to the understanding that while I like it when people think that I am funny, I need them to respect me as a complete person far more than this. Therefore, social interaction isn't just a performance to get right or wrong, but a time where the important part is sharing who I am as a person, and accepting their response, for good or bad (i.e. where the Fi least resistance shows itself).

So, in moments of weakness, I'll go do things that I later regret, because I think people will think more of me for them. This seems like Fe, but it's really that weak or Trickster Fi allowing Ne to go into overdrive. I do something that I feel people will like me for, never mind any experience or rules otherwise, simply because it should end up that way. When Ti gets stronger, I can stop myself and realize that people liking me does not logically follow from acting in that way, and that it is through calmly accepting myself for who I am and respecting others that I can attain the respect and esteem that I desire.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs, do you have rapid mood changes? If you're in a foul/depressed mood, do you actively try and change it or do you just ride it out?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
ENTPs, do you have rapid mood changes? If you're in a foul/depressed mood, do you actively try and change it or do you just ride it out?

Yes. I try to change it insofar as I am aware of it. Lately, however, I've been using that information as an anchor for introspection, to work through the emotions than try to rid them through some sort of procedure.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

If I'm in a foul mood it usually doesn't last for long. I get flash-in-the-pan type foul moods, usually stemming from irritation or boredom. That's usually easily remedied with new stimulus or - depending on if I can get away with it - confronting the source of irritation.

Depression is something I just ride out cause I've yet to find a good way of getting rid of it. It's a pervasive little bastard!

404 Not Found

MBTI Type
INtP
Do ENTPs project absolutely every thought or idea onto other people, so they can live that thought (or avoid that danger) themselves?

Even if there was no possiblity of the ENTP's plan (or irrational fear) coming to pass on that other person?
See how that could cause some worry or anxiety in that other person... that isn't warranted at all?

Hmm? That happen to anyone?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Do ENTPs project absolutely every thought or idea onto other people, so they can live that thought (or avoid that danger) themselves?

Even if there was no possiblity of the ENTP's plan (or irrational fear) coming to pass on that other person?
See how that could cause some worry or anxiety in that other person... that isn't warranted at all?

I don't quite understand the question, can you be more specific?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

ENTPs should learn that their projecting can cause anxiety or worry in the other person, which then is of course not warranted at all. Projecting every idea one does most of the time, still their's a good taste you should have with your ideas. If you constantly project issues into your relationship like your partner could be cheating on you, it's a matter of trust and the entp not being able to feel it. If its the partners mistake or the entps is both possible, for sure you'ld need to work that out, it's not in the intention of the inventor.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well then you have to invest some time and explain yourself better. Cheating was the first word that came to mind cause english is not my first language and I dont have a wide repertoire of words which describe what partners can suspect each others of or be jealous about.

For startes dont insinuate something to someone out of some really bad stereotype. You'ld get the cold shoulder quite quickly for being dumb especially with entps

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
what are the common problems you experience with being an ENTP? you forget things alot? do people misunderstand you in communication? do they think you are wishy washy? are you seen as people who can`t take anything serious or not reliable?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
what are the common problems you experience with being an ENTP? you forget things alot? do people misunderstand you in communication? do they think you are wishy washy? are you seen as people who can`t take anything serious or not reliable?

Well if you put it THAT way then maybe they're problems. :biggrin:

I'd say mostly my problems have to do with my inner world - how dark it can get without any warning. And sometimes taking things so un-seriously that I lose touch with how important reality is....alienating myself from my friends and everyday experiences cause I view it all as some big comedy...not finding meaning in anything.

Or maybe these are just "me" things. :laugh:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

I have an excellent memory. I'm quite good at understanding other people and making myself clear. I am very determined and strong minded and I usually do the right thing. So at the very least, those are not my problems.

May I ask why you are interrested in our problems?