• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
1. How do ENTPs manage to get bored of people if they love them?

I'll think of more later on.

Because eventually, if they aren't going to fix their stupid shit, I don't have the time to deal with the burden of someone who seemingly consciously tries to fail at things.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Pretty bold to say that as an entp :)

Eh, that has more to do with having to deal with my own imperfections than it does anyone else's. Really easy to analyze others' problems, and hard to analyze one's own accurately.

A

A window to the soul

Eh, that has more to do with having to deal with my own imperfections than it does anyone else's. Really easy to analyze others' problems, and hard to analyze one's own accurately.

Indeed. I learned from a freak tripping accident once that hugs and kisses works just as well, if not better than the over-analysis. Just a thought. :newwink:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Indeed. I learned from a freak tripping accident once that hugs and kisses works just as well, if not better than the over-analysis. Just a thought. :newwink:

Can't exactly do that over the internet, though ;)

Also, that solution doesn't exactly work as well for men as it does women, unfortunately

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dear Entoops,

You guys should all give workshops, seminars, lectures, and training sessions as your day job. The rest of us would enjoy that very much.

Thanks for listening.

A

A window to the soul

Can't exactly do that over the internet, though ;)

Also, that solution doesn't exactly work as well for men as it does women, unfortunately

I understand. That doesn't always work for me either. There's a point when I realize that the person I'm dating is not the same person I thought they were and I'm ready to broaden my horizons. It's something significant.

In most cases, would you say that your desire to end an exclusive relationship has less to do with boredom and more to do with identifying qualities that you don't want to live with for a lifetime?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I understand. That doesn't always work for me either. There's a point when I realize that the person I'm dating is not the same person I thought they were and I'm ready to broaden my horizons. It's something significant.

In most cases, would you say that your desire to end an exclusive relationship has less to do with boredom and more to do with identifying qualities that you don't want to live with for a lifetime?

Two things -

1. This is applicable for both friendships and more intimate relationships. If you want to open up to me about life's troubles, I'm more than happy to listen. Only a few times on the same subject, though. Any more, and I'm going into problem-solving mode, which I know is annoying. If I've given you advice, and you don't act upon it, or do something in a similar sense, further such conversations will seem like complaining, and that you're just exploiting my sympathy. That's where relationships start to head south.

2. I'd agree with that. For example, last GF I broke up with because I realized that even though she was a nice person, there just wasn't that sexual spark between us, and to keep things going would be unfair to us both.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well be glad you still have so much intrest in human beings at all, both of you. I have lost that too early in my life

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey fellow ENTPs, is the cake a lie?

T

ThatGirl

That sounds like one of the questions from the dissociative piery lee whatever test.

shishkabob

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ok whats the difference between ENTP and ENFP because i cant freakin figure out which one i am!! errrr i act entp when i'm dominant in a friendship/relaionship and enfp when im submissive... however i prefer to be dominant... i am extremely EP. yeah that pretty much sums it up thank you and goodnight

T

ThatGirl

Also just talk somemore. If you say enough I can tell you whether you are t or f. All my exs were eps. Right now you sound f though.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
it wouldn't surprise me if most ENTPs found the idea of being submissive at any point repulsive in some way.

A

A window to the soul

it wouldn't surprise me if most ENTPs found the idea of being submissive at any point repulsive in some way.

Generally true, but it depends on the circumstances.

ok whats the difference between ENTP and ENFP because i cant freakin figure out which one i am!! errrr i act entp when i'm dominant in a friendship/relaionship and enfp when im submissive... however i prefer to be dominant... i am extremely EP. yeah that pretty much sums it up thank you and goodnight

Where I live in the south, it's a cultural thing where women are more submissive. Is that your situation?

Edit: I saw the thread you started; here are a few related oldies that you might find helpful:

Who? What? When were we serving up cake??

Well be glad you still have so much intrest in human beings at all, both of you. I have lost that too early in my life

Alright Mister, no cake for you!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
At my home, cake is never a lie.

Do you prefer to use (1) your own logic for thinking issues, and empathy/common values for feeling issues? -> ENTP
Or (2) common sense/efficiency for thinking issues and your own subjective values for feeling issues? -> ENFP

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
How do you guys deal with infatuation?

Because I'm feeling it nowadays and it's rendering me useless. How irritating. :doh: