• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
dear ENTP

what things do you find yourself to become obsessed over and can spend hours upon hours doing? (other then sex)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear ENTP,
What kind of sweet things would you love your girlfriend to do for you?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
dear ENTP

what things do you find yourself to become obsessed over and can spend hours upon hours doing? (other then sex)

The internet. Reading an interesting book. Solving problems. Et cetera.

Dear ENTP,

Curl up next to me, give me a kiss on my cheek, and lay her head on my chest. Get genuinely excited when I'm excited. Desire to help me out, no matter what I'm doing, but understand if I want to do something alone. Really get into the conversations we're having. In public, act like you're with the most amazing person on earth (I'll do the same in return).

Yes, the belittling could be the intention here, but it is kind of a stretch to say that from that one comment. It seems just as likely that the ENTP here is desperate to get a real response from the INTJ, and so is provoking a reaction through an irreverent, unexpected question.

It's that desperation that's the telling factor here. There's no reason he couldn't just let her be at the moment.

Also, a clarification here, Saturned states that this dialogue happened sometime before these two got married, so that might make a difference here.

Glad things worked out.

Only playful questioning/provoking, or belittling RNs? It's not very clear one way or the other....

Maybe not, but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that playfully provoking someone wasn't one of my favored tactics for subtle aggression. Furthermore, that he said it in front of one of her friends also changes the contextual understanding of what that joke meant.

Saturned, Onemoretime made a great argument, but I believe there's more to it than all of us know. I say that so you understand that we're just throwing out ideas. So though what Onemoretime is saying may be very true, please don't go back to your girlfriend and pollute her mind with this stuff that might cause conflict between her & her husband. We are all different. It's true that some ENTP's are more childish than others. I like that you're giving her husband the benefit of the doubt in this situation (and communicating positive things to her, assuming you are) because we don't know his intentions. Despite momentary childishness that leads one to wonder "what the heck", I think it's safe to say that his greater goals include getting along with his wife and seeing her happy.

I think so, too, and only mentioned that as a means of pointing out that this is very typical ENTP behavior when somewhat defensive. It's sort of like when a dog nips at you when roughhousing - it's not trying to really hurt you, but it is being aggressive to get your attention.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Curl up next to me, give me a kiss on my cheek, and lay her head on my chest. Get genuinely excited when I'm excited. Desire to help me out, no matter what I'm doing, but understand if I want to do something alone. Really get into the conversations we're having. In public, act like you're with the most amazing person on earth (I'll do the same in return).

Thank you! :)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
dear ENTP
Reading, writing. If you catch me with a sort of faraway look into my eyes, please don't ask what I'm thinking. The ideas are forming into my head and I'd lose them if I don't wait until they are real enough to put into words. I can look like that for quite a long time.

Dear ENTP,
None; don't have a girlfriend and don't want one. My husband knows perfectly well what I like :) and if I want something different, I'm bold enough to ask.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
dear ENTP

Reading, Simcity, making music, sports & excersize, partying, chilling with friends, fix or improve things around the house, solve puzzles, chess etc.

Dear ENTP,

Surprise me, even simple surprises like some new lingerie, a nice cooked meal, or a surprise romantic date wil get me all excited. Furthermore, sexual experimentation is almost always appreciated (within the boundaries of healthyness and legality off course.)

A

Anew Leaf

lulz@ responses to my ENTP dialogue.

I appreciate the different points of view. He was actually just making a light joke/ having one of those ENTP moments where everything falls out of the mouth.

And while I understand the caution on me alienating him, I don't think that will happen. They keep their private arguments... private... and so I am not involved in those in any shape or form at all. His wife will occasionally complain about something small, like his inability to retain details, but other than that she doesn't gossip about their problems.

The issues I am talking about are more along the lines of we are playing cards, and she wants to bend a rule and I agree with her. He adores his wife and her needs + their children's needs are his #1 priority by far.

I was highlighting more of the fact that he just says bizarre things and doesn't necessarily think them through right away... he's just... thinking aloud.

Example, I asked him to be a pall bearer at my mom's funeral. He was very honored but after I hung up the phone he turned to his wife and said, Honey... why didn't she ask you to be the pall bearer? You are so much closer to her than I am!

Even taking out the fact that his wife is obviously a chick, she was 8.5 months pregnant at the time and is about 4'10" and weighs less than 100 lbs.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey fellow ENTPs, wanna work togeather and con people?

for teh lulz

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Example, I asked him to be a pall bearer at my mom's funeral. He was very honored but after I hung up the phone he turned to his wife and said, Honey... why didn't she ask you to be the pall bearer? You are so much closer to her than I am!

Even taking out the fact that his wife is obviously a chick, she was 8.5 months pregnant at the time and is about 4'10" and weighs less than 100 lbs.

That's tert Fe at its most pure. Of course he'd say that. In his mind, you should have asked the wife first, and then after she declined, asked him.

It makes no sense, but it's just one of those social dances.

Cozlet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Right well... this is too fun for words.

Just reconnected with my favourite ENTP after a fifteen year hiatus. No complaints there. Not a single one.

So tell me, is he actually an amoral demon attempting to derail my INFJ moral highground? or what.

He has passing (but not terminal) doubts about himself.

Personally, I prefer to think unrealistically highly of him. It's just my way isn't it.

Thoughts people?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear ENTP,

How do magnets work?

Magic :)

Hey fellow ENTPs, wanna work togeather and con people?

for teh lulz

You wanna plan that kind of thing? JAY ALERT!! :p

Just reconnected with my favourite ENTP after a fifteen year hiatus. No complaints there. Not a single one.

So tell me, is he actually an amoral demon attempting to derail my INFJ moral highground? or what.

He has passing (but not terminal) doubts about himself.

Personally, I prefer to think unrealistically highly of him. It's just my way isn't it.

Thoughts people?

How can you be sure that your moral high-ground isn't attempting to derail his amoral demon? Huh? HUH?!

Meh, ENTPness isn't the devil incarnate, more like the happy Trickster. We lead people astray in the name of fun, adventure and new experiences, if you don't enjoy being lead astray it will not bring us joy, making you smile is our aim. If you have boundaries let them be known and so long as they are not fun-sapping we'll lead you astray in ways you enjoy.

Dear ENTP,

Understand my latest passion and indulge it. There's very little effort required to make me happy, very little indeed.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
1. How do ENTPs manage to get bored of people if they love them?

I'll think of more later on.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

^ I'd say it's a slight ignorance. We feel we've plucked out of the person what is 'important'. I remember reading a sight that talked about learning to dispel that action, if you could find a way to make the person more interesting you'd not get bored of them so quickly. I dunno if I get bored with people or not. I think when I don't feel comfortable talking to people I might seem disinterested, but that's just because I don't always know what is acceptable to talk about around people.

Qre:us

Because they stop singing, dancing and running into walls, while making farting noises with their armpits, at my command. You see, it is not a question of whether I do or do not love them, but whether I love how they amuse me.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Qre:us is totally right there.
I like you, I want to be your friend, because we had a lot of fun talking - but I don't remember your name. I can't count how many friendships never came into existence because I didn't remember the name of the aquaintance.
If I have to show you my love by always paying undivided attention to you... tough chance. I'm an ENTP. I think of crazy projects 100% of my waking time and try to improve that percentage by multitasking on more crazy projects at once. I also don't want to pretend to be attentive in order to please you. Honesty is a prime policy. If I look attentive, I am. You can get my undivided attention, but not at all times. That's impossible. There are stories to be thought out.
Of course, we can try to coordinate our attention time with yours. I'll write (or stare into vacancy trying to make up a plot) while you look at the bicycle race.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I'll think of more later on.

If they dont grow up and think for the rest of their lifes that they are the only ones with issues