• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
um are entps moody and easily frustrated?

and why do I always feel like if only, then he would be better but there are not enough if onlys it seems to make him happy, there is always more... do entps always want more? Give an inch and it's not enough they want that mile and still it's not enough?

are you entps super extreme?

or is this some sort of extreme case b/c his Ne is squashed?

help :cry:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Entirely individual.

and why do I always feel like if only, then he would be better but there are not enough if onlys it seems to make him happy, there is always more... do entps always want more? Give an inch and it's not enough they want that mile and still it's not enough?

Is your ENTP an E7? Jen posted an interesting link about enneagrams:

Type 7: the embracing ideal-seeker. +/0

The 7 embraces the world on the surface, but moves away from it underneath. So while the 7 seems focused on enjoying the real world, their mind is actually attending to a glorious fantasy of how things could be even better. Like the 1 and 4, the 7’s unbounded fantasies make the real world seem forever inadequate by comparison, leading to a chronic feeling of "something missing", or in the 7’s case, of having "missed out" on something. However, the 7’s disappointments are often hidden behind their embracing exterior, which has a large capacity for positive, appreciative emotions. Like the other ideal-seekers, the 7 is satisfied only with the best of whatever they become interested in. However, because they have so many positive feelings for so many things, they may start to define "best" in terms of quantity rather than quality. The 7’s inspiration-seeking qualities are under-recognized, because many view the 7 as a glutton, seeking merely to consume everything in sight. However, the 7’s higher aspirations are evident in creations such as Mozart’s extraordinary music, or the "Camelot" ideals and lunar mission inspired by President Kennedy.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not me.
Because "enough" is a nightmare. When I've reached that goal, completed that project, I'm not happy. I'm still creative, I still want to do something and make everything even better. We appear unhappy and convey these "if only..." messages, but that's fake. Even to ourselves. We've got to learn and accept that the ideal, everything okay - situation will make us unhappy and that we enjoy ourselves best when working on a project, when solving difficulties. When the difficulties are solved, we're proud for a moment and then we feel useless. What's the use of an ENTP if there are no difficulties to solve?
The thing we (the ENTPs) have to learn is to accept this and to appear contented while working on the project!

When I was a kid, I fancied a Nintendo console would solve all my troubles. I would never be bored again, I would never have to think myself about amusing things... My thoughts about the future didn't reach further than that. I only had to make those months go away until the next Christmas.
I did play a lot on the Nintendo and had a lot of fun with it. But I discovered that time had not stopped, I still had thoughts and feelings and lots of ideas... and after a while, I realized it was better like that.

It depends. I've heard of people not able to stay in the same job because of the boring constancy. I'm still a teacher. My writing hobby lasts for 8-ish years already. I'm still happy with the same husband and I'm sure this will last for my lifetime. This wouldn't work if I didn't have my little varying creative and/or learning bouts.

Squashed? What do you mean?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
hhhmmm maybe he is a 7

maybe he dwells too much on the past...

as for squashed Ne, its kinda like the need to be responsible and work and raise kids, the same old stuff. He and I both find it draining, and if we're both down... *sigh*

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sigh. That's so true.
Sometimes I think, on this forum, you just do what you like and when people call you upon it, you whip out those four letters and dance away merrily. I don't have to be responsible, I'm an ENTP! I don't have to be tactful, I'm an ENTP!

:laugh:

don't worry, it's not just you guys! us too. HI Ne DOM HERE TO DERAIL YOUR THREAD KTHX.

it's been fun perusing this thread. our types are so much alike sometimes, lol

as for my question: what happens when you put an ENTP and ENFP together in a room?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You can put me in a room with anyone, doesnt matter: :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_OQzDqM_uM&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP

help :cry:

I have moments like these and they started after the work/responsibility/kids thing too.

Does he have any consistent time just strictly for him? Seems to be the biggest thing for me to manage.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
sadly no he doesn't

he seems to be in some sort of funk as of late,

I don't understand him and he pushes me to the point of emotional break down, where I am sobbing uncontrollably and then he gets to be the big man and pick me up and is all happy well I am still emotionally broken right now *sigh*

maybe b/c he doesn't have anything for himself he is trying to make me unwell so I can be his project?

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
sadly no he doesn't

he seems to be in some sort of funk as of late,

I don't understand him and he pushes me to the point of emotional break down, where I am sobbing uncontrollably and then he gets to be the big man and pick me up and is all happy well I am still emotionally broken right now *sigh*

maybe b/c he doesn't have anything for himself he is trying to make me unwell so I can be his project?

Hah, he's being a giant PITA cause he's getting a payoff from it in some form. I know this stage and it's not good. He needs time out pronto.

DH is funny, he'll scramble to get me a few free hours once I get to his last nerve and tell me that he cleared the schedule for me, but we both know it's for him too. heh

The thing is though I need consistent time for myself and I really have to plan that out so that I can get that quality time. If I don't -- I'm a giant prickly mess and drive *everyone* nuts.

We seem to gotten over the hump a little and DH starts getting signs that I'm wearing thin so it's like he realized it's in his best interests to be a little more proactive with shoving me out the door or leaving the house quiet for a little while every week.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
k I get the need for time for yourself I am an enfp with 3 kids I need my time

is your DH an entp as well?

Misia

MBTI Type
INTJ
How do you get to know an ENTP without getting manipulated, deceived, hurt (or pregnant) in the process?
I've been hanging out this summer with him from time to time, and there is a connection, but sometimes he just annoys the hell out of me with his puppet master attitude. Now I wouldn't even bother if he wasn't so clever and fascinating, but putting up with his crap just drives me away.
Does a particular strategy work for you? We usually meet at a bar so no one-on-one deep discussions and I have about an hour before he gets distracted and flies away.

Last edited:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Is an ENTP likely to be subtle or up front?
For example, the passive facebook status -- is that directed at someone in particular, or is it more likely that they really are just making a broad statement?

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
For example, the passive facebook status -- is that directed at someone in particular, or is it more likely that they really are just making a broad statement?

Upfront. But really if I need to be subtle about it than I will be subtle. It just depends on the issue or person.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPS ARE NOT THE SAME.
THERE ARE 2358230520 VARIABLES THAT DEFINE A PERSON

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
How do you get to know an ENTP without getting manipulated, deceived, hurt (or pregnant) in the process?
I've been hanging out this summer with him from time to time, and there is a connection, but sometimes he just annoys the hell out of me with his puppet master attitude. Now I wouldn't even bother if he wasn't so clever and fascinating, but putting up with his crap just drives me away.
Does a particular strategy work for you? We usually meet at a bar so no one-on-one deep discussions and I have about an hour before he gets distracted and flies away.

Yes, the method is called Cojones. If you want to learn it you should study bulls right before their horns pierce a matador.

On a more serious note. I don't think ENTPs are more manipulative than other types (how do you consider the bar situation you describe as manipulative?) Speaking for myself at least, I do often get bored talking to the same person for a while. Doesn't mean I don't like or want to manipulate them!

Most people prefer to be subtle, I prefer to be different. I sometimes like to shock and provoke people by being incredibly blunt and honest. I literally made friends once by telling a girl she had a bit of a tummy. On the other hand, I do often hint at things in mysterious ways.

To make a long answer short. There's no telling!

Misia

MBTI Type
INTJ
It feels like I'm asking for dating advice based on random facts but that's not really the point of the idea.
To sum it up, do you always need to be in the control of the situation? do you often end up having power struggles with people around you? is it a double standard?

Last edited: