• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
is it atypical or typical for ENTP to think that only thing you should know about phylosophy is that it exists and that you should do whatever you want to do. all else could be brainwashing and feels like brainwashing to him.
is it?
Philosophy means the love of thinking. Why wouldn't we all be philosophers then? We do love thinking, you know!
I actually know a good chunk about philosophy, mostly thanks to my high school religion teacher and the required course in university. I like Heidegger, Sartre, Kant and of course Descartes.
Brainwashing? No way. Why would reading about philosophers cripple your thinking? On the contrary: the more input we get, the better we become at it. One of the best ways to define your philosophy (according to me) is reacting on the ones that exist, looking whether you agree or not and search arguments for your stance. Debating is a real-time version of that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
is it atypical or typical for ENTP to think that only thing you should know about phylosophy is that it exists and that you should do whatever you want to do. all else could be brainwashing and feels like brainwashing to him.

is it?

It largely depends on what you want. Tamske nicely said, she's open to any kind of new thoughts. I am not. I dont really do quantum physics or philosophy no more atm, because I am mainly in touch with real application of my ideas atm to get along with my job and to finally built some things hands on, rather just to think about it all day.

There was a time, I was more into theory and I think there will be a time again.

But I noticed, when I look back at all time that I never really liked philosophy, I dont know why that likely sounds like a logical thing to do for an entp namely to be intrested in philosophy, but I never liked it. Metaphysics was an intresting thing, but it lacked too much facts and proof and largely built on fantasy. And tho I love fantasy and people who have it, I dont like it to be used to make science with it. It turns my comprehension of the world and my what should I call it, big-picture naturalistic scientific view of the world in something unrealistic that doesnt click no more with my trained framework of understanding

Chloe

Thanks for answers. I was actually asking because I am trying to type someone, and I was expecting answers like "Yes, I can imagine ENTP saying that" or "No, no way" lol.
But I am fairly sure the guy is ENTP, though.

But I noticed, when I look back at all time that I never really liked philosophy, I dont know why that likely sounds like a logical thing to do for an entp namely to be intrested in philosophy, but I never liked it.

This resonates a lot with my opinion as well. :yes:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Does the voltage always peak by the factor sqrt(2), when you use a bridge rectifier with a smoothing capacitor after the transformator ?

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Thoughts on a relationship with an ENTJ?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't believe I know an entj in real life so I can't speak from experience, but I think it may work out as long as they can handle my insane-ness. I don't know if they'd be too serious for me. I think I would love the direction that they would give my life, it is extremely motivating. So I say I would enjoy trying it out.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I don't believe I know an entj in real life so I can't speak from experience, but I think it may work out as long as they can handle my insane-ness. I don't know if they'd be too serious for me. I think I would love the direction that they would give my life, it is extremely motivating. So I say I would enjoy trying it out.

When you say "too serious", are you meaning "not silly enough?"

I know an ENTP and that's what he was saying. But I don't really understand what he means by silly. Any insights?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

When you say "too serious", are you meaning "not silly enough?"

I know an ENTP and that's what he was saying. But I don't really understand what he means by silly. Any insights?

Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Sometimes all I wanna do is spew ideas (cruel or kind) all day long and just avoid taking anything seriously. It's a relaxing mechanism and that I believe could easily wear down an ENTJ with prolonged use.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

How about an ENFP?

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I want to try this out because I know one and she is amazing. She's crazy and beautiful... and TAKEN :cry:! I must exact my revenge. I know some say that after you get past the duel Ne's the steam runs out, but I think it could power the relationship for a while, barring you can change a few aspects of yourself. So mos' definitly.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Does the voltage always peak by the factor sqrt(2), when you use a bridge rectifier with a smoothing capacitor after the transformator ?
Shoot. My dad (an electrician) was here yesterday and I forgot to ask.

About ENTJs and ENFPs. I don't know what it is to be in a romantic relationship with them. I've got a bit of (bad) experience with an I-?-TJ and a lot of (good) experience with an ESTJ, but that's it. I don't think there are any general laws about relationships.
For some reason or other, any "are you meant to be together" test tells that I should NOT be together with my husband, so I don't think those things are accurate.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP 7s with avoidant tendencies: How do you deal with your ENTP 7ness avoidance?

Particularly in terms of unwanted negative feelings?

*if you deal by avoiding you aren't giving me any new information so another suggestion would be good.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP 7s with avoidant tendencies: How do you deal with your ENTP 7ness avoidance?

Particularly in terms of unwanted negative feelings?

*if you deal by avoiding you aren't giving me any new information so another suggestion would be good.

With dealing with unpleasant situations, first thoughts would say 'avoid', but I'd tell myself to fuck it and charge the situation head on.

As for feelings, I have no idea. I throw them under the neighbor's rug.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I feel bad about something, it can take a while before I realize I do feel bad. I just go ahead and sometimes think "there is something wrong" and shrug it off again, because I can't find what's wrong. I check things like whether I'm on the right train or didn't forget anything or whether I'm thirsty or something.
Once I actually realize there's something wrong with my feelings, I start to analyse it and try to find the cause. Most of the time I feel better already just from knowing where the uneasiness comes from (not thirst, not forgotten anything, but some bad feeling).

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not too bad, I'd say, mostly. What was the question? Oooh bubbles! :happy2:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, this girl I know irl claims that she is an ENTP...I certainly don't see it.

If anything, she's an ISTJ. Would any sort of ENTP believe and follow every rule in a sect of religion and freak out if she broke one?