• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I want to follow the footsteps of EJCC! (See the very succesful thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/17823-ask-estj.html)

So: if anyone has questions about ENTPs, ask them here!

Fellow ENTPs, if you want to help out, that's great! BUT. I don't want this thread to derail - even if that's the thing we are usually good at... We can at least try to stay on topic instead of posting whatever and using Ne as excuse, okay?

Any questions? I promise - I won't put you into a black hole.

How can I cure my insomnia?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I always thought love and passion are different things.
Passion: Fi reigns.
Love: Ti and Fi agree and strenghten each other :D

The flurry of chemicals has been perfected by evolution for millions of years. It is bound to get you to the person best suited to propagate your genes. Of course, "being good for gene multiplying" is not the same as "being good for you". That's where logic and a healthy mind can help.

Can you elaborate on this also?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Got any Ne-filled words of wisdom for a poor tert-Ne ESTJ? :puppy_dog_eyes:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Sleep is a waste of time. Master the art of daydreaming and you'll be fine.

I mastered that art in Kindergarten. Back then it was endearing; now I run into street signs and have to ask people to repeat themselves frequently.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Go with his idea. ^

Mine was hit yourself with a hammer... that might be too permanent.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, it needs some revision. I'm thinking perhaps a mallet.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Whew... lots of questions during exam time :D

Stop feeding your Ne more or less half an hour before you go sleeping. So: no reading(*), no internetting, no challenging music...
Going for a walk, lying down in bed without input,... are allowed.
(*) I just can't begin to understand the people who read a book until they get sleepy. If I read a book, I never get sleepy before I've finished it and invented a thousand alternative endings, middles, beginnings, sequels and prequels.

Can you elaborate on this also?
In fiction and also in common understanding, it always seems you've got to choose between reason and love, between logic and passion.
But that is not true, at least in my opinion. You can have both. When my Ti and Fi agree, nobody is able to stop me!

Got any Ne-filled words of wisdom for a poor tert-Ne ESTJ? :puppy_dog_eyes:
Keyboards are for wussies. Like checkpoints in the game of Drod. Never forget you can move diagonally. Diagon Alley is full of wizards selling wizard stuff. Maybe you can buy some Ne-enhancing potion in Weasley Wizard Wheezes. I wonder if they have an antidote, too. Anti is negative, but never mind, negative attracts positives.

Enough? :smile: You can always come back for more.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

EAT right before you go to bed. A LOT. In fact, try to cram in dinner (two large plates worth), desserts and any additional snacks RIGHT before you brush your teeth and go to bed. You want to feel so STUFFED that you involuntarily gag, but you don't actually vomit.

Ideally, eat 1500 calories within an hour of going to bed, and the more fat and carbs in it, the better. Ideally, down ONE stiff drink, too.

This works for me sometimes (and I'm a tough insomnia case, so "sometimes" is a success), because drowsy=tired, and I CANNOT sleep if I'm not absolutely-fucking-stuffed-like-a-Thanksgiving-turkey. Either that or I fall asleep lightly and wake up ravenous at 2 a.m.

Of course, eat normally during the day, too. Just add 1500 calories of MORE food on top of everything RIGHT before you hit the hay.

I am not a medical expert. I am not responsible for any effects or results that occur as a result of my suggestion. Please consult your health practitioner before you begin this programme.

Never forget you can move diagonally. Diagon Alley is full of wizards selling wizard stuff.

haha

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Keyboards are for wussies. Like checkpoints in the game of Drod. Never forget you can move diagonally. Diagon Alley is full of wizards selling wizard stuff. Maybe you can buy some Ne-enhancing potion in Weasley Wizard Wheezes. I wonder if they have an antidote, too. Anti is negative, but never mind, negative attracts positives.

Enough? :smile: You can always come back for more.
I will DEFINITELY come back for more! :) That was very entertaining.

Now, another question: How many flavors of ENTP are there? :D

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I didn't read the entire thread, so you can point me in the right direction if this has been discussed.

My brother is a 38 year old ENTP. He is probably the stereotype of all the bad qualities of an ENTP. He cannot get his life together. He just keeps floating through life. He's not really happy. The biggest thing, is he is stuck on the past blaming his mom for his crappy childhood and will not get over it. He uses that as a crutch. So, is there anyway to help him?

In our family we are surrounded by ISTJ's and a couple ESFJ's. So you can imagine we both clashed with everyone else growing up, but the two of us saw things very much the same. I relate to him, and why the rest of the family just doesn't understand why he is the way he is, I do understand. I feel like I could just as easily been in his position, but I married early in life and that helped me from floundering too much.

I feel like, I've matured, and I'm becoming healthier as I get older, but he seems to just continue to flounder. Is there anyway to reach him?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
What is the true source of your comedic genius?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I didn't read the entire thread, so you can point me in the right direction if this has been discussed.

My brother is a 38 year old ENTP. He is probably the stereotype of all the bad qualities of an ENTP. He cannot get his life together. He just keeps floating through life. He's not really happy. The biggest thing, is he is stuck on the past blaming his mom for his crappy childhood and will not get over it. He uses that as a crutch. So, is there anyway to help him?

In our family we are surrounded by ISTJ's and a couple ESFJ's. So you can imagine we both clashed with everyone else growing up, but the two of us saw things very much the same. I relate to him, and why the rest of the family just doesn't understand why he is the way he is, I do understand. I feel like I could just as easily been in his position, but I married early in life and that helped me from floundering too much.

I feel like, I've matured, and I'm becoming healthier as I get older, but he seems to just continue to flounder. Is there anyway to reach him?

I'm going to start of by assuming that part of his problem is his Ne. Directionlessness is stemmed by not being able to use Ti to reign in Ne. He floats around from idea to idea, each as shiny as the next. If you could (though he WILL hate it) force him to choose only a few ideas, reasonable ones at that, and just have him analyze the hell out of them... it might show him how powerful his logic is, motivating him to want to use it and he can start getting himself in some sort of direction... this is if the issue is with his Ne.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just want you to know Mrs. Tamske that I spent the past hour or so reading all 30 pages of this thread just to make sure this question hasn't been asked BUT...

:D :hug:

Since you asked in the "Ask an ISFJ" thread what we thought we thought about our opposites, I thought I'd do the same and pose the same question to you ENTPs: What do you think of your opposites, the ISFJs, male and female?

:ninja: :peepwall: