• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
They say ENTPs have the lowest average blood pressure of all types.

Is this true for you?

I've always had low, really "good" blood pressure. My family doctor is always quite impressed. I think it might just be a coincidence, but lets see if anyone else has experienced the same coincidence as me! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, I suffer from high blood pressure. Yet the pulse is a different thing, can go down to 50 for me. Yet that explains the high blood pressure, simple fluid dynamics

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
<-- often hypertensive.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Blood pressure is average, pulse is quite high. Why would that be type dependent?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ I figure the angle is able to cope well with high/consistent stress. Which I do think can be linked to ENTPs at least empirically, but there are plenty of other causes for high blood pressure besides the stress reaction.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you experience the NFJ-mommying button?

See link for an example and a Te comparison ( as I experience it)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
High blood pressure is often passed on genetically. I think even empirical data would be random here

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
High blood pressure is often passed on genetically. I think even empirical data would be random here

Empirical data in regards to stress is the only thing I believe could be potentially linked to type.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think differently cause that would put different dominant or aux functions into categories again. Like "dom Ne's tend to be stressed out because they have a hard time focussing". There's a captivating logic behind that, but I think if you'd put this to a test, you'd receive an equal amount of responses between "can relate", "cant relate"

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I dislike being patronised, greatly, but I can't say I've experienced it from a NFJ in response to an idea I was psyched about. "NFJ-mommying" shows up in my life as more like the person whose shoulder angel and devil have fought and the angel won a glorious battle, while on my shoulders the devil won then cooked the angel and ate it. I get buzz-killed when I do the wrong thing and they are the voice of responsibility, if I'm not doing the wrong thing it doesn't come into play.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think differently cause that would put different dominant or aux functions into categories again. Like "dom Ne's tend to be stressed out because they have a hard time focussing". There's a captivating logic behind that, but I think if you'd put this to a test, you'd receive an equal amount of responses between "can relate", "cant relate"

Your Ti is overthinking. Quick, random picture of a brutal mime attack:

93fe06b41de568398892a19d9f2d7637_h.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's more a TeNi hunch, I switched sides now :)

Permabanned

Depends on the results from the context related filtering, regarding who is doing it and I value said person's input. Can go from total dismissal to obedient-puppy (while likely still mumbling against it).

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What effects might this lead to?
Sorry, not a health guru here, but would really like to know. :)
I was born with a heart defect. This has been operated when I was very small. I'm perfectly healthy now, except for the above average pulse.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey I hate you! How'd that make you feel?

Qre:us

Hey I hate you! How'd that make you feel?

:overreact:

"NFJ-mommying" shows up in my life as more like the person whose shoulder angel and devil have fought and the angel won a glorious battle, while on my shoulders the devil won then cooked the angel and ate it.

:scruples:

I was born with a heart defect. This has been operated when I was very small. I'm perfectly healthy now, except for the above average pulse.

:bunnyd:

Depends on the results from the context related filtering, regarding who is doing it and I value said person's input. Can go from total dismissal to obedient-puppy (while likely still mumbling against it).

:fullload:

It's more a TeNi hunch, I switched sides now :)
:hideyhole:

Oh, there are so many new smileys! Do I like?

:linedance:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
ENTPs rule ...
... and I have decided that I would really like to be one (even if that means becoming more like my mother *shudders*).

So, ENTPs, can you guys give me some instructions on How To Become An ENTP In 5 Easy Steps? Five is the most my attention span can handle (is that already a good sign?). There is a bonus muffin involved if you can cut it down to 3 steps!!

[...]
So where do I have to sign and what do I have to do?

Sure! But first I'll need your banking information.

Sign here please -> ______________________

(...and please don't bother reading the fine print. I don't have time to write it properly, and you don't have time to read through it anyway.)

OK class, let's begin.

:pedantic:

How To Become An ENTP

1. Find the humor in everything. If this doesn't come naturally to you, just pretend you're 21 again and everything makes you giggle. No wait, 18 14.

:pacifier:

2. Practice linking random thoughts and concepts together. If you're having trouble generating random thoughts, here's a random generator for you: http://watchout4snakes.com/CreativityTools/Brainstorm/BrainstormWord.aspx

:hideyhole:

3. Every time you start to focus on something for longer than 30 seconds, remind yourself to let your imagination distract you again!!

:wizfreak:

Five is the most my attention span can handle (is that already a good sign?).

Yes, you may have the prerequisite skill for the 201 class already. But first, there will be a preparedness test.... :coffee:

PS - (Lemon poppyseed, please!)