• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

A

A window to the soul

what are things in the work place that really piss you off?

Coworkers...
Anti-team behavior, whining, hard-code, sneaky half-ass work-arounds, shy/poor communication when we're down to the wire, not speaking up when you need help, and for the love of all that's holy please don't go into a live production data table and start tweaking data directly!!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The stupidest thing is, if you don't complain about your workload, people will assume you have it easy and give you more work. I don't want more work. No, I'm not writing in order to cope with the problems at the school. I'm writing because I like it and because, when I'm immersed in my story, the problems at school are far, far away.
I just don't want to spend time complaining - it doesn't get any work done and it isn't fun to do.
The result? I never complained until I fell seriously ill, and even then my husband had to drag me to the doctor, because I didn't feel I had the right to annoy other people with my complaints/worries.

R

Riva

Does Ne work only when you are with other people. Do you feel you lose your Ne when alone? Well not completely lose it, but feels that Ne is stronger when you are with other people than alone?

A

A window to the soul

Does Ne work only when you are with other people. Do you feel you lose your Ne when alone? Well not completely lose it, but feels that Ne is stronger when you are with other people than alone?

People often inspire me, so I think Ne is functioning at optimum levels when I'm around people.

A

A window to the soul

Could you explain why it is so?

Or maybe it's the other way around, that when I can inspire people, I'm more inspired; or a little of both. Either way, optimism is a motivator. I like to be around others with a similar mindset that work with me. I like to bounce my ideas off of intelligent people as I'm working through concepts or coming up with solutions that are much greater than what's commonly known/accepted. I guess 'people' aren't required for Ne, but people (that I respect) are one of the preferred sources.

In a nutshell, 'people' are a source of insight that drives Ne to form a whole.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

- Shoddy management
- A business model/structure that cuts corners in all the wrong places, leaving gaping holes for employees to fall through
- When people don't look out for each other or work cooperatively for a common goal.
- Drama between employees (employees that stir up drama). I have no patience or time (in my general life) for that shit.

And WORST of all:
- Not being treated like a smart, competent adult with valuable input and abilities. I can do my job without being coddled. Here, let me show you!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

No, no and no.

It entertains me for hours/days/weeks on end with all the random connections and possibilities it finds, truth be told while I feed off other people's input a whole heap there are plenty of times I have to tone down my external displays of Ne or be on the recieving end of a lot of :huh: and :shock:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
knight said:

1. incompetence in those in positions of authority.
2. being told what to do in situations where I'm perfectly capable of surviving and even thriving without some dickwad attempting to micromanage my workload.
3. people treating me as though my word cannot be trusted/I don't know what I'm talking about... basically people questioning what I'm saying without a valid reason.
4. incompetence in anyone else.
5. gossip and all the talk of TV shows as if they are reality.
6. static workloads.
7. people who do not admit to and own their mistakes.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it hard for any other entps to let go/ move on?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any ambiverts here besides me?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Depends on what you mean by that, if you mean people who have no E/I preference then anyone who uses cognative functions is ruled out, if you mean socially withdrawn or other such things then I expect most ENTPs are that way, which makes it quite normal.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any other ENTPs who don't know themselfs?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Nope. It's pretty easy. For most things, anyway.

I'm an only child with a working single mum who grew up in a neighbourhood with no kids. I'm pretty comfortable spending LOTS of time by myself (and, in fact, prefer it in a lot of instances). Sometimes I would rather sit at home and read a book than go to a party and after a long day at work, I rarely want to go out and be with more people. But I AM extroverted, there's no doubt in my mind about that. I need external stimulus to be at my happiest/best/craziest, but that doesn't necessarily have to come in the form of social interaction. Social interaction I actually find to be pretty tedious most of the time. Very few people seem receptive to talk about anything that I find interesting and I get bored easily with them. But I'm extroverted about my ideas and around interesting people. It's a weird dichotomy, I guess. How can someone be extroverted and not really enjoy being around most people? Who knows...

Know myself in what way? I'd say it's a very small number of people who can claim they "know" themselves fully. I'm comfortable and pretty happy with myself and I think that's about as close as I'm gonna get. :laugh:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
To me, Ne is really the extraverted function like the name indicates. For inspiration, I need observations. I can't just sit still and come up with something. Going for a walk, going to the grocer's, doing chores... as long as I'm not staring at a blank screen, I can come up with the most wonderful stories.
If I've got an inkling of an idea and I want to work it out, the best method is doing it actively. Not just trying to think it through, but e.g. drawing, writing key words, even a calculation (yes, really... if I want a flat world with a sun orbiting around it, how will this affect the days and the seasons? By the way, the answer is "too much" - it wouldn't look anything like our world) can help.
Other people are the best! They provide not only great observation material but also feedback.
ENTPs are in their most "extraverted" ways if they are allowed to Ne (<- I love English, you can make a verb from every word), if they don't have to "socialize" in a traditional way.

Depends. I think I'm fairly moderate in that aspect - remembering past friendships and relationships from time to time, feeling sad or thankful or both.

If you look at the functions, I'm a clear E. (Ne first :))
If you look at the usual E/I description, I'm more in the middle. I get drained by interaction as often as I get energized by it. And I'm not the only one. There have been E/I NTP discussions scattered among the forum, also in this thread. Lots of ENTPs experience draining interactions and the need to be alone. I suspect the difference lies in when we're allowed to let our Ne loose or not. If we're expected to socialize and talk about the kids, we can keep that up for a while (yay Tert Fe!) but we don't like it. Even now I've got a baby and I still prefer to talk about literature/science/...
A facebook status about the baby gets more likes than anything else - and then I'm totally puzzled. Come on, what's so interesting about another woman's baby? Aren't you interested in my book that's available now?

Puzzled by emotions when they mess up my thoughts, but on the whole, I think I know myself fairly well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

yes. Tho I tend to say I am a serial monogamist, the killing always took me more than 5 years. I only had two serious long relationships so far and the first one I needed 4 years to get over with, tho I dumbed her.

yes F/T, I suck at Fi but I can have strong Fe-primary traits, like being a host and cooking or organizing social events. (I am not really good at any of these and dont like it thats why I dont think I am a Fe-primary)

Tho this answer is in direct violation with my last answer: yes