• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We like an audience/group of followers. We like to win friends and manipulate people.......and what's more we want people to like us manipulating them. Hell, we tell people we're manipulating them, and everyone laughs about it......while we're manipulating them. I don't know if that really makes us 'people persons'.......but it does make us good with people.

This one post makes me think im ENTP instead of just a XNTX

ZombieKiller

Enneagram
How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel? I don't think I've ever seen him wash his towel and it's been about a year since we move in together. His logic is quite retarded, when I briefly mention he shouldn't forget his towel, when doing laundry. He responded with 'I only use the towel after washing. Since I use the towel when I am clean it never gets dirty". I believe that's introverted thinking right there?

A friend and me have mention to him that your towel collects dead skins cell and bacteria but he still isn't convince. My guess is he has been going by this logic for years so he isn't going to change. Or maybe he has been doing this for years and nothing has happen to him so he thinks his logic is correct. What can I do to persuade him his logic is flawed?

A

Anew Leaf

How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel? I don't think I've ever seen him wash his towel and it's been about a year since we move in together. His logic is quite retarded, when I briefly mention he shouldn't forget his towel, when doing laundry. He responded with 'I only use the towel after washing. Since I use the towel when I am clean it never gets dirty". I believe that's introverted thinking right there?

A friend and me have mention to him that your towel collects dead skins cell and bacteria but he still isn't convince. My guess is he has been going by this logic for years so he isn't going to change. Or maybe he has been doing this for years and nothing has happen to him so he thinks his logic is correct. What can I do to persuade him his logic is flawed?

My freshman year of college I met an ENTP who because my best friend for several years. He and his roommate (INFJ and high school friend) made a bet with each other to see who could outlast the other throughout the year in NOT washing their sheets.

ENTP won hands down because the INFJ cracked after a few months. ENTP continued not washing his sheets for the remainder of the year... Flash forward to fall of our sophomore year.

I went down to meet them at their dorm and ran into ENTPs mom. She was in the midst of an argument with the ENTP. Why? She had recently been getting his stuff ready for coming back and noticed a cardboard box with lots of grease stains on it. She opened it up to discover his still unwashed sheets inside. She promptly threw them in the garbage.

The new argument was happening because he had found the sheets in the garbage.... Still unwashed.... And secretly took them out because he planned on using them as his sheets for the second year as well... Just to see how long he could go without washing his sheets.

In conclusion: I think you are screwed.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe my next question is: is there a quest I can go on to become an ENTP? Your grass looks like its been engineered to stay green longer. I always forget to water my grass.

I'm not sure about a quest, but there is a course.

But then wouldn't you like more natural grass with all the interesting imperfections and then grow flowers in it?

This one post makes me think im ENTP instead of just a XNTX

If you want some cooler reasons to make the switch, that work has already been done earlier in the thread starting here.

How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel?

What can I do to persuade him his logic is flawed?

Okay, if you really need this towel washed, you could try:

• daring the roommate to deeply sniff the towel
  • finding some online source about bacteria collection on towels
  • performing an experiment where you take a sample of the towel and cultivate all the funky stuff on it
  • asking very kindly to wash it

But there is a good chance that none of this will work. In that case, if the issue is only between the roommate and a funky towel, you'll probably just have to let him be.

My freshman year of college I met an ENTP who because my best friend for several years. He and his roommate (INFJ and high school friend) made a bet with each other to see who could outlast the other throughout the year in NOT washing their sheets.

ENTP won hands down because the INFJ cracked after a few months. ENTP continued not washing his sheets for the remainder of the year... Flash forward to fall of our sophomore year.

I went down to meet them at their dorm and ran into ENTPs mom. She was in the midst of an argument with the ENTP. Why? She had recently been getting his stuff ready for coming back and noticed a cardboard box with lots of grease stains on it. She opened it up to discover his still unwashed sheets inside. She promptly threw them in the garbage.

The new argument was happening because he had found the sheets in the garbage.... Still unwashed.... And secretly took them out because he planned on using them as his sheets for the second year as well... Just to see how long he could go without washing his sheets.

In conclusion: I think you are screwed.

:laugh:

The lesson of the story, of course, is to not place bets with ENTPs... unless you expect the bet to be carried out on to absurdity and/or lose :tongue:

As far as the towel situation goes, things could get tricky if it turns into a competition of who can come up with the best reasons for their position and such (without even caring about the towel anymore), which is why I suggest using empirical data.

A

A window to the soul

But then wouldn't you like more natural grass with all the interesting imperfections and then grow flowers in it?

Funny you should mention that!! I'm thinking of spreading blue bonnet and indian paint brush seeds on my st. augustine lawn like it's weed & feed and then blending in some rich top soil. I bet that would look amazing in the spring! Still thinking it through though...
:thinking:

I don't use weed & feed, so it might just work on some of the sparser areas.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel?

Smear something gross and brightly coloured on it.

Either that or accept that it's his towel and if he chooses to be dirty it does not affect you.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I wash my towel maybe once every few months. Can't remember the last time I washed my sheets.

It's not really THAT disgusting. Just depends on your perspective. There's no set time when towels and sheets become universally gross. One day I'll get out of the shower and be like "hmmm, I should wash my towel today" and that will be that. Why do you care if those days are farther spaced apart than yours? It's like what Kasper said, just accept that it's his towel and it's state of being does not affect you. :shrug:

ZombieKiller

Enneagram
I wash my towel maybe once every few months. Can't remember the last time I washed my sheets.

It's not really THAT disgusting. Just depends on your perspective. There's no set time when towels and sheets become universally gross. One day I'll get out of the shower and be like "hmmm, I should wash my towel today" and that will be that. Why do you care if those days are farther spaced apart than yours? It's like what Kasper said, just accept that it's his towel and it's state of being does not affect you. :shrug:

It's gross because a dirty towel picks up dead skin and bacteria over time. Regardless I have already accepted that's the way he is. I don't think you guys understand my point of view since I have to live with him. So from time to time this will bother me. Anyway thanks guys for all your replies.

A

Anew Leaf

I wash my sheets every Sunday.... My blankets and mattress pad the first Sunday of the month.... Currently waiting for sheets to be done right now...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's gross because a dirty towel picks up dead skin and bacteria over time. Regardless I have already accepted that's the way he is. I don't think you guys understand my point of view since I have to live with him. So from time to time this will bother me. Anyway thanks guys for all your replies.

I get your pov, I've shared houses before and totally get that your roomies bad habits become more and more annoying as time goes on unless they are addressed, thing is if you've asked repeatedly and still aren't being heard there's little you can do to force an "adult" to do something they don't want to. His logic is crap and sounds more like fobbing you off then anything serious. You could tell him because of how gross his towel is he must keep it in his room but any path you go down here could start a war, is a towel something you want to throw down over?

I worship and adore all ENTP that have ever lived. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Well then, carry on you fine thang you! :woot:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You want to close a window cause it's letting cold air in and your cold. You have a rectangluar like thing holding the window up. The window has a wooden frame and would close down almost instantly on you if you removed the box. Your too weak to remove the box and hold the window up. What do you do? Also you have no heating or A/C......

lulz ENTp asking another ENTp a question.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
You want to close a window cause it's letting cold air in and your cold. You have a rectangluar like thing holding the window up. The window has a wooden frame and would close down almost instantly on you if you removed the box. Your too weak to remove the box and old the window up. What do you do?

lulz ENTp asking another ENTp a question.

Turn up the thermostat.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
forgot to add you have no heating or A/C

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Use something that is not part of your body to remove the box.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:p I would just remove the window itself move the box and then place the window back.

overthinking yeah likely... was I able to do it? Barely.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

That's a rationalization intended to piss you off so you will quit bugging him over the issue. He knows that his towel is dirty, but either genuinely forgets to take it with the laundry, or subconsciously forgets it to rebel against what he sees as your overbearing attitude. Even he can smell the mildew.

You're not going to convince him that his logic is flawed; chances are that he knows it already. So it's question time for you - do you want him to admit that his logic is flawed, or do you want him to wash the towel?

If it's the former, do the following - go get a bunch of Petri dishes and agar. Tell him that you're doing a fun experiment with items around the house. Pick a few items, swipe them against the agar, and then say at some point "hey, get that towel of yours, I really want to see what kind of crap is on that thing. A week later, the dish will prove the point for you.

If it's the latter, get some (weak) pepper spray and spray it all over the towel. He'll have to wash it after that.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Are ENTPs very opinionated and close-minded when they are young/immature? I have a friend who seems to hate a lot of things without ever giving them a chance. She told me she hated oatmeal one time. I made some this weekend and she admitted that she had never actually tried it. We got her to take a bite, and before she could even really taste it, she confirmed that she did, in fact, still hate it. She does this with a lot of things, and I don't think she does it to mess with people.

I remember being like this when I was younger. I was very picky about food, clothes, music, movies, etc, but I mostly grew out of it by becoming a more balanced INTJ and am willing to try just about anything nowadays. Is being extremely critical and close-minded to change just an immature NT thing? I guess I thought that the P in ENTP would make my friend more open to new things. What's the deal?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Are ENTPs very opinionated and close-minded when they are young/immature? I have a friend who seems to hate a lot of things without ever giving them a chance. She told me she hated oatmeal one time. I made some this weekend and she admitted that she had never actually tried it. We got her to take a bite, and before she could even really taste it, she confirmed that she did, in fact, still hate it. She does this with a lot of things, and I don't think she does it to mess with people.

Yes. That's when inferior Si is in control. That will go away when dominant Ne matures and strengthens. I still don't like eggs, though.

I remember being like this when I was younger. I was very picky about food, clothes, music, movies, etc, but I mostly grew out of it by becoming a more balanced INTJ and am willing to try just about anything nowadays. Is being extremely critical and close-minded to change just an immature NT thing? I guess I thought that the P in ENTP would make my friend more open to new things. What's the deal?

Ne and Si are very raw when young. Inferior Si often wins when the youth can't explore his/her surroundings. Inferior Si is a pain in the behind. Especially when it supplies the info for Ti to analyze to death. It also arises consistently in situations that involve the use of bodily functions, such as eating.

Not only does the friend not like oatmeal, she probably also has a perfectly coherent reason for not liking it. The reason will be complete nonsense, but it will be coherent nonsense.