• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That sounded angry... it does really help. I'm trying to find more ways to show my emotions. Sarcasm is being a real set back.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How can you tell if someone is lying to you about going on a roadtrip by themselves?

(my guess would be to ask detailed questions, when they get back about their trip) any other ideas. Be serious, or f@ing laugh in my face mock me, and don't take this question seriously... thanks ENTP's.

I figured I would ask the essential question of how to sus out a lie... cause you guys are so good at it...

Be direct. - don't try to catch him in a lie through some sort of technique. Ask him if he's lying to you. This may or may not apply to ENTPs, but I tend to fess up if someone calls me out (even as painful as it may be).

Oh, and then there's waterboarding; not sure if you'll get the truth though.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not meant as an insult whatsoever, seeing as I'm a sarcastic SOB at times, but where do you think the level of sarcasm we generate comes from? And let the sarcasm... begin!
I really don't know. Trying things out as usual? If I'm using sarcasm, it probably is just a way to understand (and explain) things. Testing out a theory/these by taking it to the extremes. Trying to act devil's advocate just to test out the limits of the theory or these.

How can you tell if someone is lying to you about going on a roadtrip by themselves?

(my guess would be to ask detailed questions, when they get back about their trip) any other ideas. Be serious, or f@ing laugh in my face mock me, and don't take this question seriously... thanks ENTP's.

I figured I would ask the essential question of how to sus out a lie... cause you guys are so good at it...
Are we?
I don't know about other ENTPs, but I'm awfully naive...

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp

shrewd ENTPs think if it fits with the person's profile

happy go lucky ENTPs accept and support it and show so much enthusiasm the other person usually feels like shit and fesses up

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you deal with the fact that your life isn't anything like how you would want it to be?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
How do you deal with the fact that your life isn't anything like how you would want it to be?

we dont have this huge vision of life...we have visionS of life for ourselves. if we are not achieving one vision, we will just achieve the other one.

the road IS going forward no matter what; as long as you keep progressing and moving forward, you are good.

that said, as much as we focus on the future, we do live in the moment too. if you are here, you might as well dance.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
we dont have this huge vision of life...we have visionS of life for ourselves. if we are not achieving one vision, we will just achieve the other one.

the road IS going forward no matter what; as long as you keep progressing and moving forward, you are good.

that said, as much as we focus on the future, we do live in the moment too. if you are here, you might as well dance.

Let me rephrase then. :D

How do you deal with things when they don't go your way. When your progress is stopped beyond your own control?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP

How do you deal with things when they don't go your way. When your progress is stopped beyond your own control?

It depends.
If I didn't know it would be stopped/slowed down, I'm very pissed off. If suddenly something comes in-between me and my crazy projects... even if that something is a surprise party. I want to know beforehand that I have to allot time to it. Time is very precious. Don't mess with my time. I am the only one who is allowed to mess with my time.

If I know, I'm okay with it. I'll try to steal a minute here and there, jotting down ideas.

But mostly, *I* am the one stopping my own progress. I get frustrated with myself when I realise that.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp

you grab the bull by the horns, bend it over, and fuck it
if you are here, you might as well dance
its not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain

a combination of the above three, my two arms, legs, and the half a decent brain my mom made me buy, get me whatever the hell it is i might ever want...from chicks to checks to peace in the inner self

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

you should ask an ENTJ that question.
I just go with the flow and deal with whatever shit that hits me.
After all it is experience that made us mature and more able to cope with adversity and difficulties.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear ENTPs,

Do you realise you make little sense to a lot of people? Does this make you sad?

Signed,

A concerned INxP

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Dear ENTPs,

Do you realise you make little sense to a lot of people? Does this make you sad?

Signed,

A concerned INxP

Dear INxP.

Yes to both.

Signed,
Is it any wonder we're so impatient when few are patient with us

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dear ENTPs,

Signed,

A concerned INxP

Nope, as a matter of fact its people who understand me that baffle me the most

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Dear ENTPs,

Signed,

A concerned INxP

it makes me happy...right now they only get confused; if they actually understood me, theyd get very very mad

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear ENTPs,

Signed,

A concerned INxP

Don't worry about us.

Making sense to other people isn't on our priority list. First we want the world to make sense to us. That's why we are jumping enthousiastically from one idea to the other theory and combining everything along the way.
If it's necessary to make sense to other people, eg. while teaching or explaining something, we'll do the best we can and we're very happy when it succeeds. We can be quite sad when it fails, but usually this state of mind doesn't last long. It only takes some new input (an idea, a question, an observation,...) to get us going on our usual idea-generating track again.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear ENTPs,

Signed,

A concerned INxP

We just compensate for it by being louder than you. At least people hear our ideas, even if they rarely make any sense.

As for you INPs, nobody even knows wtf you guys think about anything because you won't pipe up often enough to make it known. If people heard all your inner thoughts they probably wouldn't think you make a lot of sense either :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear ENTPs,

Signed,

A concerned INxP

Wait, what? I don't make sense :huh:

FreakOut.gif

ETA: I thought about it. No, I don't care.

Last edited: