• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are female ENTPs less "extroverted"?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Do you thrive off of logical analysis and making things logically consistent, or do you thrive off of nonsensical connections, forming patterns from your outer world, and using these patterns/connections as a form of creative expression?

Complete nonsense to state that connections are nonsensical. The sense is the connection itself. It's only nonsensical relative to a supposedly sensible implied connection, which, being implicit, would appear to be more nonsensical than a more explicit, "random" connection.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I am curious .

How many real friends does a typical ENTP female have ?

Heh, I personally have about 4 people that I'd consider "real" friends in the sense that I connect with them and I can be myself around them with limited filters. One of these friends is female, and I still feel like I have to be careful of what I say around her.

I have LOTS of other friends though that I get along with, have fun with, make good banter/conversations with, etc.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Complete nonsense to state that connections are nonsensical. The sense is the connection itself. It's only nonsensical relative to a supposedly sensible implied connection, which, being implicit, would appear to be more nonsensical than a more explicit, "random" connection.

Lol, Ti^

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I am curious .

How many real friends does a typical ENTP female have ?

I can make a casual friend or acquaintance* pretty much by breathing.

But close friends with mutual trust and understanding? Only a few. And mostly guys.

*Yet, I don't even like having acquaintances. Note the sx/sp tag in my signature.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Yeah, once we form it, sure. We're Ps though, so there's a good chance that will never happen :harhar:

Don't worry. One of these days some unfortunate ENTJ is going to come around and form it before they realize they're not a P.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Don't worry. One of these days some unfortunate ENTJ is going to come around and form it before they realize they're not a P.

And then us real NTPs can all join and ban the little fucker. ENTJ-hate ftw!

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
@BlackCat and BlahBlah's hug: I want a male feeler to love one of these days...

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
*just realized connection between thread about ENTP females and large Pness*

I used to be ashamed of my Pness. It was so large and distracting. :( But I just nourished it and let it grow, and now my Pness is the size of a twin bed. My naps have never been better!

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I used to be ashamed of my Pness. It was so large and distracting. :( But I just nourished it and let it grow and now my Pness is the size of a twin bed. My naps have never been better!

Can we make a gel capsule out of your Pness nourishment and market it on late-night television to desperate people with pathetic Pness? We could make millions!

*EDIT* I think any thread with ENTP in the name is destined to result in off-topic banter...

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Around other extroverts I feel like an introvert, and around introverts I feel like an extrovert. When first meeting me, people usually tell me they thought I was either intimidating, shy, or seemed "pretentious." The thing is, I usually observe people before I start busting out the humor, so I can gauge what sort of things I can get away with. Sometimes though, I just don't care, and I let it out anyway. Once I start opening up, I can usually charm the pants off anyone in the room.

I have a million acquaintances. I think I know a lot of people but a lot of those people don't know me. I like to keep people around for networking. (Yeah...I'm one of those "user" people...) I only have a very, very select few friends that I feel actually know me, and I feel legitimately close to. And those are the people I prefer to hang around the most, especially because I "gain" a lot of energy being around them.

It seems like the feeler extroverts can't really stand (or particularly like) being alone for long periods of time. It doesn't bother me at all, however, I DO like to be around people I enjoy, and do not have to tolerate. Bouncing off crazy ideas to my other N friends is too much fun for me :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am not buying the ENTPs male of female are particularly comfotable as extroverts... I personally see both genders promoting false extroversion - like it's put on, but underneath a rather thin facade is someone who is fundementally shocially awkward with new groups of people.

Once in company that they know I believe both male and female ENTP a start turns, sometimes annoyingly so... (someone asled about that recently), like they become overly loud and annoy even themselves.

At their best in small groups of 3 or 4 people they know well where they can relax, kick back and be the calmer version of themselves.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
If I'm overstimulated by someone's company ... someone I can banter with really well, for example ... I can get really revved up (and annoying to onlookers).

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
It seems like the feeler extroverts can't really stand (or particularly like) being alone for long periods of time. It doesn't bother me at all, however, I DO like to be around people I enjoy, and do not have to tolerate. Bouncing off crazy ideas to my other N friends is too much fun for me :D

This.
I even feel the need to get away from socializing (*) pretty hard. I don't mind being alone.
(*) With "socializing" meaning: making small-talk just to emphasize you're friends, "nice you're here" talk,... Gah! There are more interesting topics!
If "socializing" means talking nonsense, determining the quantum mechanical probability of an ESTJ running through a wall (very small, you've got to incorporate the probability an ESTJ would do such a wacky thing),... I'm your woman.

About women ENTPs wanting to fit the girly caring stereotype...
I had the opposite problem. I was NOT A GIRL. I was so determined to not be a girl that I suppressed anything that looked like it.
Don't worry. I've embraced my Fe again :hug: <- to me, this seems the most Fe emoticon around...

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
(*) With "socializing" meaning: making small-talk just to emphasize you're friends, "nice you're here" talk,... Gah! There are more interesting topics!

My least favorite variety of this is: let's come up with things that don't actually bother us and complain about them anyway, blowing them out of proportion, just to fill the conversational void.