• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are female ENTPs less "extroverted"?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I think that people are falling into a trap here when it comes to this entire ENxP introverted thing.

ENxPs that are less extroverted will be like this. While strongly extroverted ENxP will not relate. However since this is a internet forum strongly extroverted ENxP are much less likely to come here and post. If nothing that would be because they have a too short attention span for "real foruming". Plus they have confidance in their social skills while that is less correct for Ne-doms that are low in E , what in the end places them in non-plesant position. Which is because they still need people quite a bit but they have comunication problems especially since they get outspoken in converstions easily.

So in the end it looks like that Ne-doms are not that much social which is simply because we have misleading sample of Ne-doms on the forum.

Also since the general atmosphere on the forum is like this a number of INxPs now thinks that they are ENxPs. What simply isn't true.

(this post is generalization )

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
To be honest I think that people are falling into a trap here when it comes to this entire ENxP introverted thing.

ENxPs that are less extroverted will be like this. While strongly extroverted ENxP will not relate. However since this is a internet forum strongly extroverted ENxP are much less likely to come here and post. If nothing that would be because they have a too short attention span for "real foruming". Plus they have confidance in their social skills while that is less correct for Ne-doms that are low in E , what in the end places them in non-plesant position. Which is because they still need people quite a bit but they have comunication problems especially since they get outspoken in converstions easily.

So in the end it looks like that Ne-doms are not that much social which is simply because we have misleading sample of Ne-doms on the forum.

Also since the general atmosphere on the forum is like this a number of INxPs now thinks that they are ENxPs. What simply isn't true. (this post is generalization )

Perhaps the sample pool is slightly skewed, but you may be drawing an unfair conclusion. Being extroverted does not make one less prone to spending time on the computer. Even extroverts have downtime. I manage to find time to post on this forum, check my email, browse other sites, talk to friends online, and even play computer games, but I still am out and about with people very frequently.

I'm sure that there are many very introverted people on this forum and that many introverts use foruming as a replacement for social interaction. However, I still think it's kind of stretching it to correlate foruming with introversion to such an extent that it would more than marginally skew the sample pool.

I'll also make the claim that extroverts would rather enjoy foruming because it offers quick and expansive social interaction; you get to "meet" people from all walks of life and talk to them about interesting things. Sure, it's not person-to-person interaction, but it's a decent substitute for socializing especially at 1 AM on a Tuesday night or while cramped up in your cubicle during a boring conference call.

(unnecessary afterword: this post is a generalization too)

Anyway, back to ENTP girlies. I think that was the original topic. We rock, right?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
God, no one knows what extroversion actually means. Being outgoing and social isn't extroversion. That's just what it is, being outgoing and social. Anyone can do that, it's measured by different means.

Ok, so extroversion is one being concerned with their external environment (physical and social). Then is it so far-fetched to claim that this concern can be manifested by interacting with people? Sure, it's not the only way to express extroversion, but it is one of the primary ways. ENTPs are a bit different from other Es because they manifest their extroversion in other ways due to the mentally-guided Ne, but they still tend to communicate this Ne with others in a social way.

One of the primary behavioral differences I've noticed between ENTPs and INTPs is that INTPs overanalyze their Ne-induced thoughts and convince themselves that expressing these thoughts would be too awkward and crazy to mesh well with the group at hand. However, for ENTPs, Ne overpowers the introverted analytical Ti so much that they just say "fuck it" and don't care so much about appearing "crazy." The more E one is, the less likely they are to "hold back", so to speak.

I don't think it's inherently wrong to preach that social people are extroverted and non-social people are introverted, as this is the general pattern found. So long as we are also able to realize that extroversion is not always synonymous with gregarious, talkative, boisterous, etc.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, so extroversion is one being concerned with their external environment (physical and social). Then is it so far-fetched to claim that this concern can be manifested by interacting with people? Sure, it's not the only way to express extroversion, but it is one of the primary ways. ENTPs are a bit different from other Es because they manifest their extroversion in other ways due to the mentally-guided Ne, but they still tend to communicate this Ne with others in a social way.

Yeah, but other people don't know that. :D

And it just occurred to me that you Ns don't really care too much about getting your terms straight, and discuss things like this while having a hazy definition; but knowing what you're talking about. So whatever, you all know what you're talking about. It's just an annoying misunderstanding of what it is is all.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
One of the primary behavioral differences I've noticed between ENTPs and INTPs is that INTPs overanalyze their Ne-induced thoughts and convince themselves that expressing these thoughts would be too awkward and crazy to mesh well with the group at hand.

Oh? I'd think that Fe in ENTPs would create a similar effect to some extent. Because that happens to me all the time when I'm around the wrong people. Am I really INTP? Effff.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh? I'd think that Fe in ENTPs would create a similar effect to some extent. Because that happens to me all the time when I'm around the wrong people. Am I really INTP? Effff.

Heh this happens to me too, and I'm definitely not INTP. And you're right, I would definitely say it's an Fe thing. Fe makes us (especially us ladies, methinks) a lot more wary of what we say and to whom we say it. I think we hold back because we want to keep a social balance in order, but INTPs hold back more because they have just convinced themselves via Ti that their thoughts are just way too nonsensical to be expressed. I don't think it's as much about the social consequences for them as it is about the fact that their thoughts are too crazy for even themselves. I don't know that for sure though; ask an INTP :newwink:

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never met a female ENTP in real life but I've always got the impression from the female ENTPs on here that they're actuallly more extravated than the males. Certainly a bit more confident in themselves and have a bit more attitude and style about them than a male the same age.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Does it matter what definition of extraversion/introversion that we're using?

Consider the dualities:
Consideration of external environment versus consideration of internal world

Outgoing and sociable versus socially inihibited

Extroverted function (e.g., Ne) versus the Introverted function (e.g. Ti)

These three dualities aren't exactly mutually exclusive definitions. To a certain extent, we can have a certain degree of liberty in using any of these three at will.

For example, an ENTP is typically aware that asserting Ti statements can be antisocial, so he might consider refraining using it in a social setting, and act more laid back, making it more conducive for Ne growth.

This statement fits the three definitions. I don't think we should necessarily be so anal about the precise definition of the I/E duality. In the first place, MBTI itself aint that precise.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I dunno that female ENTPs are less extroverted, as in loud, social, chatty etc, than male ENTPs as I'm not a male ENTP, I do relate to what you wrote though.

I feel as though I've repressed a lot of my inherent behaviour because it's not socially acceptable for a female. What I've experienced my whole life is this:
- Do something that isn't feminine but is totally me; get pushed down by others.
- Do something that is considered feminine but isn't me; get praised.

People have good intensions but what it means is I'm encouraged and supported when I'm not myself, this means a lot of the time I smile politely and just do what others expect a gal to do even though I know it's not me, it results in me being quieter particularly around new people who haven't yet shown me if they would accept the real me or want to see the socially acceptable me.

Over the years I've become more and more aware of doing this and more aware of the little innocent things others say to me that suggest the real me isn't acceptable and stopped myself from presenting the image they want to see, but there's still a lot of things I do such as put up a guard and socially accepted image until I get to know someone.

Yep.

To the bolded, for me noticing this has lead me to being quieter over time so it looks like I'm more introverted to new people.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I've never met a female ENTP in real life but I've always got the impression from the female ENTPs on here that they're actuallly more extravated than the males. Certainly a bit more confident in themselves and have a bit more attitude and style about them than a male the same age.

Well it's pretty easy to appear bold, aggressive, confident, and witty on an internet forum. There's no real-world consequences here. Maybe we are just Ne-rampaging online because of the liberty that is offered here more than in most other social contexts. It's not socially acceptable for us to be bitches in the real world, so we have to let it out some how :newwink:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well it's pretty easy to appear bold, aggressive, confident, and witty on an internet forum. There's no real-world consequences here. Maybe we are just Ne-rampaging online because of the liberty that is offered here more than in most other social contexts. It's not socially acceptable for us to be bitches in the real world, so we have to let it out some how :newwink:

pst... I think the online version are a weeny bit older than he is.... :)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
^Oh, well I have no idea how many years he has, but I'm 22. Does age make ENTPs more confident? It seems like age would help them learn to tone it down a bit and ultimately appear more timid.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
^Oh, well I have no idea how many years he has, but I'm 22. Does age make ENTPs more confident? It seems like age would help them learn to tone it down a bit and ultimately appear more timid.

nagh I'd say life does, not sure what the age range is for female ENTPs on the site, but I'd say there was a fair range....

I'd also say a fair few were really confident and not just internet confident....

I'd say you were probably proper confident...

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
nagh I'd say life does, not sure what the age range is for female ENTPs on the site, but I'd say there was a fair range....

I'd also say a fair few were really confident and not just internet confident....

I'd say you were probably proper confident...

Yeah, I'm no more or less confident irl than I am on this forum. I was just trying to offer a decent counterargument to his claim about female ENTPs on the forum.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Also since the general atmosphere on the forum is like this a number of INxPs now thinks that they are ENxPs. What simply isn't true.

(this post is generalization )

I think you have your definitions confused, as a result of MBTI not coining its own phrases. I use extraverted intuition, which is still a relatively introverted, observational function. I am also extroverted in the general sense but I rarely like dealing with people. I am confident and bold and daring. I constantly do things on my own because most people tend to slow me down and I don't talk much to people, so I appear to be very introverted in the MBTI sense and in the general sense.

But truth be told, I am indeed an extrovert. I just choose to be quiet and observe people., rather than engage them until I feel like participating. I don't speak just to speak.

And I use the internet constantly. Currently, I am at a table with 3 friends and 6 kids - I am maintaining a conversation with each person individually (including each child) while I am typing this on my phone. This is how my Ne manifests - juggling many things at once, rather than just being "social". So your internet theory may not hold water.

Yeah, but other people don't know that. :D

And it just occurred to me that you Ns don't really care too much about getting your terms straight, and discuss things like this while having a hazy definition; but knowing what you're talking about. So whatever, you all know what you're talking about. It's just an annoying misunderstanding of what it is is all.

This is a very annoying statement, especially coming from you - a self proclaimed N until just recently.

Being an N has nothing to do with getting terms straight. Any S or N can speak with haziness if they don't have a good grasp on what they are speaking about. As a matter of fact, MBTI teaches that Ti users are among the most precise of the types. Many examples are given of Ti users studying specialized dictionaries just for fun as children. I did that as well. Precision in language is very important to me, and I am most definitely an N.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think you have your definitions confused, as a result of MBTI not coining its own phrases. I use extraverted intuition, which is still a relatively introverted, observational function. I am also extroverted in the general sense but I rarely like dealing with people. I am confident and bold and daring. I constantly do things on my own because most people tend to slow me down and I don't talk much to people, so I appear to be very introverted in the MBTI sense and in the general sense.

But truth be told, I am indeed an extrovert. I just choose to be quiet and observe people., rather than engage them until I feel like participating. I don't speak just to speak.

And I use the internet constantly. Currently, I am at a table with 3 friends and 6 kids - I am maintaining a conversation with each person individually (including each child) while I am typing this on my phone. This is how my Ne manifests - juggling many things at once, rather than just being "social". So your internet theory may not hold water.

Agreed...

This is a very annoying statement, especially coming from you - a self proclaimed N until just recently.

Being an N has nothing to do with getting terms straight. Any S or N can speak with haziness if they don't have a good grasp on what they are speaking about. As a matter of fact, MBTI teaches that Ti users are among the most precise of the types. Many examples are given of Ti users studying specialized dictionaries just for fun as children. I did that as well. Precision in language is very important to me, and I am most definitely an N.

...and double agreed. Language and word choice are two of the few things through which I express my perfectionism.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

Hi

In the Uk they are a tiny propotion of the population, and if your in your gap year you may not be picking them out.

You do acting and such - how can you possibly say you are not a strong extrovert? LOL thats more extrovert than any female ENTP I know....

I'd say I was medium extrovert in company when I was 18 - If I new people well, but I'd also have periods of introvertion too, when I felt out of sorts socially, I hated clubbing