• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs the most likely type to cheat?

Qre:us

No. (<-to the thread)

Reason: the premise and the implied conclusions presented in this thread are absurd.

Find better discussion material.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to say that's not a "type" thing. That's more of a "I'm a bunghole" thing.

theplacesyoullgo

No. (<-to the thread)

Reason: the premise and the implied conclusions presented in this thread are absurd.

Find better discussion material.

There have been far more inane things discussed on this forum, really. I'm not looking to take this absolutely seriously, just have some fun discussion.

Qre:us

There have been far more inane things discussed on this forum, really. I'm not looking to take this absolutely seriously, just have some fun discussion.

Ah, I see.

Then, yes, definitely the most likely.

They have trick or treats 365 days of the year, in their pants. :woot:

(there must be some cheating involved to get all those candies into one's pants...think about it)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would personally suspect ESxPs first.

But, to be boring, I don't think it's necessarily a type thing.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

In THAT case...............yes! Yes they are the most likely to cheat. Bastards!

No seriously, I think ENTP's (like INTP's) are a fickle bunch who make it a point to make sure that the person they are going to be with really suits them and satisfies them in a lot of different areas. When they finally end up with someone long-term or in marriage, I think it tends to work out because the choice was well-thought out to begin with.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah, I see.

Then, yes, definitely the most likely.

They have trick or treats 365 days of the year, in their pants. :woot:

(there must be some cheating involved to get all those candies into one's pants...think about it)

You should change your name to Candy Pants.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This has absolutely nothing to do with types. As types are preferences, not definitions.

Again, this goes to show that we take MBTI way too seriously.

(I'm not blaming you, the placesyoullgo, I'm just stating an observation to lead back to my position of MBTI)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Most likely to cheat at Scrabble? Quite possibly. Or was there something else to be discussed?

theplacesyoullgo

Yes, of course more than just typing goes into whether one cheats or not, but I do think it's possible to draw some general conclusions - "likeliness to cheat" isn't that much different than a basic personality trait, like arrogance (or whatever). Maybe I should have started the thread with "are ENTPs among the most likely to cheat?"

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really do not think they are (relative to other types, that is). I think if and when they get into a long-term relationship (which is not a given for the NTP), they have given much thought to the partner they are choosing (probably analyzed the relationship more than other types) and also I think they would be very likely to *consider the future consequences of their actions*.

Not to drag SJ's and SP's into this, but they are often caught up in the "here and now". What's sexy? It's that thing standing in front of me right now. I've had an ISFP tell me that she's hardly capable of thinking into the future or thinking about how what she does today might affect tomorrow or the long-term. Her mind literally only sees what is in front of her at that moment and she makes what she thinks is the best decision at that time. Consequences come later and are dealt with at that time.

I think an ENTP would seriously consider if what he/she was about to do is a good thing or not. Also, the logical side of NT's (at least this is how I view cheating) is very likely to say, "If I have a desire to be with another person, then I should just break it off with the person I'm with right now and go be with the object of my affection." Logically, for me, cheating isn't an option. It's like crossing a boundary that logically should not/cannot be crossed. System malfunction, if you will. It would almost be like starting a business and then telling my customers to go down the street to my competitor. I don't know if that's a good analogy or not. It's like having one foot in the boat while the other foot is still on the dock. Either be faithful to the one you're with or get off the pot. Doesn't make sense to my NT. Not sure if other NT's feel the same.

Only thing I could see being a possible problem area is that ENTP's love to meet new people and be stimulated mentally, so a mind-mate situation could develop - but those are rare indeed.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably ESTP/ESFP, just from the Se-dom impulsiveness.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know in general but...
I've never cheated and I will never cheat at games. I love playing board and card games too much for that.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This has absolutely nothing to do with types. As types are preferences, not definitions.

Again, this goes to show that we take MBTI way too seriously.

(I'm not blaming you, the placesyoullgo, I'm just stating an observation to lead back to my position of MBTI)

Actually I would bet a pretty significant amount of money that ESTPs cheat more often than, say, ISFJs on average.

That doesn't mean there aren't loyal ESTPs and cheating ISFJs, but it's kind of silly to imply that absolutely no pattern exists here. If we could tally up all the ESTPs and ISFJs on the planet, it seems highly probable that the ESTPs would contain more cheaters--and it's incredibly unlikely from a probability standpoint that the numbers would come out exactly the same.

So no, this really doesn't say anything about taking type too seriously.