• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs the most likely type to cheat?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
My Fe needs to wake up. I was thinking about games, not about relationships.
I wouldn't cheat in a relationship either. I can't. I am totally unable to lie.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
i'd say probably not.... ENTPs irl tend towards brutal honesty.... as do most NTs.

guessing Id's say FP... but no firm opinion

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe if the situation was one in which I knew I'd not get caught and could do it without any adverse effects in other areas of my life.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I sincerely doubt that ENTPs are the most likely type to cheat, but I imagine they would be the best at rationalising it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would an ENTP need to cheat, I mean do you realise how easy it usually is for us to leave a relationship? Why cheat when you can just get yo'self single and unattached again! :D

...Kay, I jest but there is an element of truth in it in that if I'm in a relationship where I'm tempted to be unfaithful then that tells me there's something seriously lacking and my relationship needs to be reassessed. Basically, I would never cheat cause I'd just leave the current relationship.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This:

No seriously, I think ENTP's (like INTP's) are a fickle bunch who make it a point to make sure that the person they are going to be with really suits them and satisfies them in a lot of different areas. When they finally end up with someone long-term or in marriage, I think it tends to work out because the choice was well-thought out to begin with.

and this:

I really do not think they are (relative to other types, that is). I think if and when they get into a long-term relationship (which is not a given for the NTP), they have given much thought to the partner they are choosing (probably analyzed the relationship more than other types) and also I think they would be very likely to *consider the future consequences of their actions*.

<snip>

I think an ENTP would seriously consider if what he/she was about to do is a good thing or not. Also, the logical side of NT's (at least this is how I view cheating) is very likely to say, "If I have a desire to be with another person, then I should just break it off with the person I'm with right now and go be with the object of my affection." Logically, for me, cheating isn't an option. It's like crossing a boundary that logically should not/cannot be crossed.

Also, it just looks like too much work.

R

Riva

Yes or no? My friend and I were discussing this tonight.

Thoughts?

I cheat at cricket
I cheat at chess
I cheat at arm wrestling
I cheat at exams
I cheat at scrabbles just like methew guessed (the rules never said only English did it? ;))
But I have never cheated on my gf s.
I constantly tease them and say that I do, but I never had. :)

I rarely push myself in to a relationship, although I flirt a lot. When I pick a girl I make sure I could tolerate her (not love, love can come later).

So I guess after carefully choosing a girl I would never have to cheat on her since I carefully chose her. ;)

R

Riva

You hear it Lane777, I wouldn't cheat on you. :whistling:

All you have to do is say yes when I ask you out. Everything else would be smooth sailing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think an ENTP would seriously consider if what he/she was about to do is a good thing or not..

what about when drunk as fuck, gf away for the weekend and some random chick wanting to get laid and no one looking?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No.

If I wanted to cheat that badly, I'd say so. And if this urge was causing too many problems, I'd realize there's something wrong with my relationship if I'd give a fling more value than my partnership. I'd figure out what the wrong thing was. And then I'd either fix it or leave.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No seriously, I think ENTP's (like INTP's) are a fickle bunch who make it a point to make sure that the person they are going to be with really suits them and satisfies them in a lot of different areas. When they finally end up with someone long-term or in marriage, I think it tends to work out because the choice was well-thought out to begin with.

+ 100

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
you know I saw the OP as asking if ENTP's cheat generally and responded with toughts... I see others have answered it about relationships

Interesting

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Doesnt cheating include being in a relationship ? If you'll start defining it that precisely you'll loose credibility :D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
you know I saw the OP as asking if ENTP's cheat generally and responded with toughts... I see others have answered it about relationships

Interesting

The OP didn't correct the tone of the discussion, so I assumed that romantic/sexual infidelity was the correct inference.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
"Doesnt cheating include being in a relationship ? If you'll start defining it that precisely you'll loose credibility "

no it doesn't.... is the OP about cheating on tests, on paying tax, on games or is it more ment to deal with relationships...

Personally I'd think cheat in one area and you may be prone in others...

Keirsey thought NT's cheated on relationships less.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The OP didn't correct the tone of the discussion, so I assumed that romantic/sexual infidelity was the correct inference.

The first few posts are not about relationships

To be honest, it doesn't matter.... both are interesting

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
"Doesnt cheating include being in a relationship ? If you'll start defining it that precisely you'll loose credibility "

no it doesn't.... is the OP about cheating on tests, on paying tax, on games or is it more ment to deal with relationships...

Personally I'd think cheat in one area and you may be prone in others...

Keirsey thought NT's cheated on relationships less.

Oh, I'd cheat the hell out of my taxes. And I probably shouldn't be typing this right now.

I would not cheat on a significant other. I would not cheat on a test or a game or anything else that measures skill or merit. I would not cheat in any situation where there is an obvious victim. But once the victim starts getting too broad, vague, fuzzy, abstract, I can no longer say for sure what I'd do.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well ENTPs are probably one of the types that are more likely to cheat but in my opinion ESxP are the ones most likely to actually do it.

However in the case of unhappy marrage my vote goes to "pretty much everybody".