• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs the most likely type to cheat?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I'd cheat the hell out of my taxes. And I probably shouldn't be typing this right now.

LOL hide, OK maybe I'm over applyign honesty here... most people squirel I'd think :)

To be honest, I see ENTPs as being too lazy to lie consistanty, their heads are all over the place, which is why I see them as dominantly truthful people, even when it is difficult

Now go pay your tax bill - you're failing to support less privilaged people in your society... :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Actually, there's a genetic factor. The presence of allele-s- of the gene coding for vasopressin and ofc receptors to vasopressin in the brain will influence the level of bonding with the partner along with, obviously, the whole usual cultural factors, life histories and other personality trait and genes. -that's for males btw, vasopressin is actually more of a in group/out group and fight or flight related response which associates directly with "socio-"biologically selected gender correlated behaviors, i'll let qre:us connect the dots as i'm lazy-

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The presence of allele-s- of the gene coding for vasopressin and ofc receptors to vasopressin in the brain will influence the level of bonding with the partner ...

I don't know anything about genetics, so my first question is:

Does this mean a person is more (genetically) likely to cheat if his/her parents did?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't know anything about genetics, so my first question is:

Does this mean a person is more likely to cheat if his/her parents did?

well, statistically, yes, that's sort of obvious.
I'm not sure how the cultural side would interact with the genetic factor though. But apparently that side of the issue was already present when they first tested for it in people so wether there's a leverage effect or its opposite depending on complex inter relationships -meaning you can't predict an individual's preference based on his gens- is irrelevant statistically speaking. -except if you're interested in standart deviations ofc, but i don't have these numbers as faithfulness is sort of hard to quantify accurately-

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

The reason I'm asking this is that I haven't observed it. Thinking of my own family, there is a pretty wide range ... including among siblings. So I'm not sure how relevant it is. I'm trying to find out.

I'm not sure how the cultural side would interact with the genetic factor though. But apparently that side of the issue was already present when they first tested for it in people so wether there's a leverage effect or its opposite depending on complex inter relationships -meaning you can't predict an individual's preference based on his gens- is irrelevant statistically speaking.

Oh, okay. nevermind.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yeah as i said i don't know about the genotype to phenotype to behavior interactions or the standart deviation, but statistically significant data was found on relatively small groups of humans, and wolves. Knowing that both species are mammals and share a very similar mixture of vertical and horizontal cooperation, including when it comes to raising offsprings or mating

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Eck

"vasopressin is actually more of a in group/out group"
I do think there is a social norms things - I've been asking questions about fidelity for a very long time - at uni, socially etc... If you ask a guy if he has ever cheated a huge proportion say yes... like 90% - OK so sometimes this was gf or teen gf, but it is still a massive proportion.

Behaviour has so many complications that influence, emo, parents, social groups etc etc...

Interesting

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Eck

"vasopressin is actually more of a in group/out group"
I do think there is a social norms things - I've been asking questions about fidelity for a very long time - at uni, socially etc... If you ask a guy if he has ever cheated a huge proportion say yes... like 90% - OK so sometimes this was gf or teen gf, but it is still a massive proportion.

Behaviour has so many complications that influence, emo, parents, social groups etc etc...

Interesting

Are you talking about how guys tend to over estimate numbers of sexual patners and generally be more open about it and women tend to underestimate the same numbers ?
As women are traditionally the selectors, giving an image of 'excessive' availability lessens their social status, and as men are traditionally the selectees the exact same behavior hightens percieved social status. Then you have all the fun things and leverage effects that happen when 'false information' becomes the norm and people lie to 'be like everybody else'.

ps: what i'm saying is that much of the percieved gap between male and female sexual behavior comes from data feedback loops.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
no I wouldn't say it was because they were bigging up numbers, because the people I tended to ask were just ordinary Joe type guys, and it wasn't the volume of women they had been with that was the issue, the question was related to fidelity... even in non committed realtionship.

Many wouldn't have ad that many women at all and weren't claiming so... more being ever so slightly embarrased about their own answers...

Were they truthful? I'd say more so than you would expect.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Were they truthful? I'd say more so than you would expect.

You're not taking into account relative faithfulness and definition of the term.
As women are more perceptive to the whole 'bad image' thing and males are traditionally the 'bad cheating guy':
1. Women will tend not to interpret something as cheating when a guy would.
2. Men will resist that status far less and were conditionned to accept it in the first place.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
no I wouldn't get that the guys were camping it up... remember English guys are not nessesarily the same as other nationalities... esp when it comes to stuff like that.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
no I wouldn't get that the guys were camping it up... remember English guys are not nessesarily the same as other nationalities... esp when it comes to stuff like that.

You still don't get my point. Two countries can have the same word but use it differently.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
We live in a closed system, and some statistics just make no sense. Guys being far more unfaithful than women for example would work if you had a SECOND planet full of single girls of generally similar social origins, status, age -2 years younger in average- men in couples would have access to.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes OK, so definate infideility type thing?

For a fair few they would have asked a definitions... and I would have said anything from shagging around to dating on the side... Not all asked, but it's the type of defnition I'd have given, realtively low scale kissing on the side to full blown affair

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My hardass definition of cheating is anything you wouldn't do if your significant other were right there. My chillax definition of cheating is "pole in the hole."

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
We live in a closed system, and some statistics just make no sense. Guys being far more unfaithful than women for example would work if you had a SECOND planet full of single girls of generally similar social origins, status, age -2 years younger in average- men in couples would have access to.

yes I agree, women are more covert because it's frowend upon.

If you use retina tracking tech women "look" at mens bums, cod peices etc just as much as guys look at womens breasts, bums and crotches.... Because guys ahve less cones in thier eyes their periffereal vision is impared comparatively speaking - therefore they turn their heads to check out men, were as women just glance prifferally... get caught a lot less :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yes I agree, women are more covert because it's frowend upon.

If you use retina tracking tech women "look" at mens bums, cod peices etc just as much as guys look at womens breasts, bums and crotches.... Because guys ahve less cones in thier eyes their periffereal vision is impared comparatively speaking - therefore they turn their heads to check out men, were as women just glance prifferally... get caught a lot less :)

yeah ofc, men are the hunters. Focus central vision with colors and everything on the prey :laugh: